VR is Offically a MASSIVE flop

2 minutes ago, Liquid said:

VR is really never going to be a mainstream thing. I will say it has more legs than 3D did. I always felt AR or mixed reality would have a better future. It's definitely not what online was and probably will wont ever been for quite some time. 

That shoehorned VR for PS3 was garbage and was one of the reasons it started so poorly. VR is WAY ahead of that gimmick to sell TVs.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

That shoehorned VR for PS3 was garbage and was one of the reasons it started so poorly. VR is WAY ahead of that gimmick to sell TVs.

At the end of the day, there isn't much to do with VR outside of gaming or virtual experiences. I went to a marketing expo back in 2018 about VR/360/AR innovations and honestly there wasn't much there that had legs. If I had to pick the most "impressive" tech they had was a VR Le Mans demo where you could choose a racer and drop in to their field of view with a camera rigged into the car. This could have some use lets say in a football game if ESPN has some sort of tech that allows viewers to drop into a quarter back's helmet or something but the tech on both ends as well as the infrastructure doesn't exist and requires a hefty investment on many levels to be a reality and there's really no money to be made on it. 

53 minutes ago, Liquid said:

VR is really never going to be a mainstream thing. I will say it has more legs than 3D did. I always felt AR or mixed reality would have a better future. It's definitely not what online was and probably will wont ever been for quite some time. 

wrong. the next step will be holodeck simulations like in star trek. VR is a stepping stone. :glad:  it's just a matter of time but I doubt we will ever see that in our lifetime. :| 

Edited by kaz
  • Geese 1

lol only 3ish percent of ps4 owners bought vr 

Less than 4 million sold on pc 

This is the biggest flop ever and under 1 million sales for the biggest vr game ever is almost a guarantee no dev will ever make big budget games for flop vr 

39 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

lol only 3ish percent of ps4 owners bought vr 

Less than 4 million sold on pc 

This is the biggest flop ever and under 1 million sales for the biggest vr game ever is almost a guarantee no dev will ever make big budget games for flop vr 

Anyone would kill for a 25% attach rate for software so I don't see why you would mention that like it's a bad thing.