Sakura Wars GS Review 7, Meta 73

THE GOOD

• A unique historical-fantasy setting rendered beautifully through strong art design
  • Over-the-top melodrama makes for a story and characters that grow on you as the game progresses
  • Distinct presentation style and episodic storytelling make it really feel like you're playing an anime series

THE BAD

• Not enough areas to explore to fully appreciate the setting
  • Some elements may be confusing for those with no prior experience with the series
  • Combat is only passable and unengaging

Who the hell actually trust game "journalists" these days? I trust the opinions of gamers far more. Of course I usually have to wait a couple weeks for the honey moon period to be over before you start seeing people being more objective. 

Edited by Sabo

Im playing it right now and its really good if you are into visual novels with dialogues choices and romances. 

The gameplay part with the robots is the worst thing about the game though, its pretty forgettable but it fits the narrative so its alright.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Im playing it right now and its really good if you are into visual novels with dialogues choices and romances. 

The gameplay part with the robots is the worst thing about the game though, its pretty forgettable but it fits the narrative so its alright.

Yeah, I've heard it pretty much as close to being an anime in video game form as anything before it. I'll pick this up for $30 down the line.

Just now, Ike said:

Yeah, I've heard it pretty much as close to being an anime in video game form as anything before it. I'll pick this up for $30 down the line.

Its the most Japanese game Ive ever played. But the writing and performance are great so it all works.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I'm seeing the same kind of impressions from people playing it, plus the girls are cute :faketan:

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Sakura wars: so long, my love on ps2 was fantastic. It was a visual novel and a srpg in one. Since it’s from Sega, it served as the inspiration for valkyria but  I’m reading this is no longer an srpg. That’s disappointing 

On 2020-04-29 at 4:37 PM, Delita said:

Sakura wars: so long, my love on ps2 was fantastic. It was a visual novel and a srpg in one. Since it’s from Sega, it served as the inspiration for valkyria but  I’m reading this is no longer an srpg. That’s disappointing 

It has a similar setting to Valkyria so I can see where the inspiration comes from.

Yeah well, the game is all about the story and characters, the gameplay is merely there as a diversion and I dont mind. All I care about is raising my relationship levels and seeing th story unfold more. Some of the scenes were just fantastic. lol

Im liking it as it is, I guess. At least the hack n slash doesnt come in the way of the story, Im not sure Id like it more as a hardcore SRPG type game, tbh.