Bu but diminishing returns :cry:

Zen 3 CPU 12-16 cores

RTX 3080Ti 16GB VRAM

32GB DDR4

x570 MOBO PCIE 4.0

7GB/s NVMe SSD

New Nvidia software stack and drivers... DirectX 12 Ultimate... DirectStorage file I/O system... 

:blessed: 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah im sure a 8 minute tech demo made by an army of artists that probably ended up reaching 50+gb in size is going to be an accurate representation of next gen games....come on now  You guys fall for

This tech demo reaction is a perfect example of why people expecting 4K / 60fps next gen are on crack.

This a game engine running on the hardware in real time.. that's different from showing an estimation of what it will would like. Those are two different things.  The later is the one where the games

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

No more normal maps :blessed: 

Billions of polygons :blessed: 

EX7dNNfWoAEVD_G?format=jpg&name=large

I told y'all geometry would be through the roof next gen :blessed: 

I watched it again in 4K when I got home from work. It looks incredible. Definitely looked next-gen and that’s only the beginning. Imagine what’ll be done in 2-3 years with this software. :whew: 

Just now, Ike said:

I watched it again in 4K when I got home from work. It looks incredible. Definitely looked next-gen and that’s only the beginning. Imagine what’ll be done in 2-3 years with this software. :whew: 

Yep.  And yes, this is just the beginning.  Imagine what Sony's studios will do with similar technologies :wow2: 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Yep.  And yes, this is just the beginning.  Imagine what Sony's studios will do with similar technologies :wow2: 

They’re character modeling this gen was already pretty impressive so I’m really excited for FFVII R2, GoW 2 and Spider-Man 2. 

if this runs at 1440p 30 , I wonder how xb and ps are gonna handle these kind of graphics with an actual game behind it 

Does look nice tho...too bad it's years away. 

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

if this runs at 1440p 30 , I wonder how xb and ps are gonna handle these kind of graphics with an actual game behind it 

Does look nice tho...too bad it's years away. 

I’m sure it’s going to look awesome on both. The RE4 Remake is going to look breathtaking I’m sure.  This really is something to be excited for and a preview of next-gen. Hope we get to see more soon from more companies. 

Apparently Unreal's Nanite geometry pipeline is pretty revolutionary and devs on Twitter are asking the R&D team at Epic to NOT explain how it's being done for at least a year or two.  They say that devs are trying to figure out how they accomplished it, and how it's inspiring lots of developers to want to try to make their own solutions. 

Cool shit B) 

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Its not too exciting to me because its 30fps with no game behind it.  

I will be disgusted if I have to play on pc for 60fps next gen

This coming gen will be no different than the past gens in that regard man.  Developers who are known for it will always prioritize visual fidelity over framerate on consoles.

That said... there'll be a lot of 60fps games too.

1 hour ago, JONBpc said:

I'm still thinking the vast majority of ganes will have a 60fps mode. 

At least everything from ms most likely will.  

Switch version of the tech demo coming in hot :whew: 

• Haha 1

I assume many next gen engines will have their own unique or hybrid solutions that are not like UE5. There is no right way to render in the future.

What Guerilla does with their engine will be interesting because imo Horizon from 2017 will still end this gen as the best looking game.

2 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

I assume many next gen engines will have their own unique or hybrid solutions that are not like UE5. There is no right way to render in the future.

What Guerilla does with their engine will be interesting because imo Horizon from 2017 will still end this gen as the best looking game.

Detroit looks better than HZD. :|