Bu but diminishing returns :cry:

Just now, Twinblade said:

Thats actually not true. Once you add in more interactions, gameplay systems, etc then your overhead increases and you have to make sacrifices on the technical front. Theres no way the average game will be able to have scenes with billions of polygons while keeping the performance smooth....unless its a walking simulator (much like this demo).

Dude, UE4 is one of the most popular engine on the planet, the amount of games that run it is insane. Just look at a list, it’s mental. To suggest that they’re all 3rd person cinematic games like that trailer is laughable. 

like seriously, judging next gen ‘gameplay’ (what does that even mean lol) from an engine reveal is a retarded take 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah im sure a 8 minute tech demo made by an army of artists that probably ended up reaching 50+gb in size is going to be an accurate representation of next gen games....come on now  You guys fall for

This tech demo reaction is a perfect example of why people expecting 4K / 60fps next gen are on crack.

This a game engine running on the hardware in real time.. that's different from showing an estimation of what it will would like. Those are two different things.  The later is the one where the games

2 minutes ago, bhytre said:

it's not promising from what we've seen so far, maybe Sony will have something to prove me wrong but I doubt it. Movie games don't do it for me, put me on team diminishing returns :reg: 

Only VR an save us now :meh2:

It’s not a game though. It’s just tech. Exact same shit like the Duck demo a few geNs ago lol 

it would be like you saying:

’if this is what next gen gameplay is like than it’s already disappointing’, after seeing Sony’s duck in a bathtub real time demo. It makes no sense. 

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Dude, UE4 is one of the most popular engine on the planet, the amount of games that run it is insane. Just look at a list, it’s mental. To suggest that they’re all 3rd person cinematic games like that trailer is laughable. 

like seriously, judging next gen ‘gameplay’ (what does that even mean lol) from an engine reveal is a retarded take 

But like I said before, while the tech can be capable of it you just can't have a full game with that level of fidelity and still have all the typical gameplay systems you'd expect. The file size alone of all those assets would be astronomical. Thats why these tech demos are so misleading. Epic had a massive team of engineers and artists working on this probably over the course of a few months, and while the tools will make the process easier once they're completed the average studio won't be able to make a scene like that and then replicate it 75 times over to fill out a 10 hour game all while adding gameplay mechanics, AI, etc.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

But like I said before, while the tech can be capable of it you just can't have a full game with that level of fidelity and still have all the typical gameplay systems you'd expect. The file size alone of all those assets would be astronomical. Thats why these tech demos are so misleading. Epic had a massive team of engineers and artists working on this probably over the course of a few months, and while the tools will make the process easier once they're completed the average studio won't be able to make a scene like that and then replicate it 75 times over to fill out a 10 hour game all while adding gameplay mechanics, AI, etc.

This is the equivalent reveal for this current gen. UE4 real time tech demo for PS4. Arguably even more unrealistic as it’s a real time cinematic. Released 7 years ago as a next gen reveal for epic:

are you really gonna say that we didn’t get full games that not only look like that demo but VASTLY better. Even extremely early in the gen.

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

This is the equivalent reveal for this current gen. UE4 real time tech demo for PS4. Arguably even more unrealistic as it’s a real time cinematic. Released 7 years ago as a next gen reveal for epic:

are you really gonna say that we didn’t get full games that not only look like that demo but VASTLY better. Even extremely early in the gen.

Yeah looking back that UE4 PS4 demo wasn't that impressive. But im still not convinced that the newest demo will be an accurate representation of next gen graphics. If the average game does end up looking that good, then ill eat crow.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Yeah looking back that UE4 PS4 demo wasn't that impressive. But im still not convinced that the newest demo will be an accurate representation of next gen graphics. If the average game does end up looking that good, then ill eat crow.

Average game is an idiotic barometer. It's like measuring the average patient temperature in a hospital. What matters is a specific game/patient.

It might be visually impressive but we have being fed this visual novel bullshit of wowing us with graphics while forgetting about gameplay.

Also, I would like for the next-consoles to improve their sound.

It's very bad that current gen consoles support Dolby ATMOS but only a handful of games actually show it.

8 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

It might be visually impressive but we have being fed this visual novel bullshit of wowing us with graphics while forgetting about gameplay.

Also, I would like for the next-consoles to improve their sound.

It's very bad that current gen consoles support Dolby ATMOS but only a handful of games actually show it.

You're bitching about gameplay from a real time engine demo. Where is the logic.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah im sure a 8 minute tech demo made by an army of artists that probably ended up reaching 50+gb in size is going to be an accurate representation of next gen games....come on now :tom: You guys fall for these tech demos every single time

7 years ago they put out this...gee I wonder how many next gen games actually matched it

all of them :trump2:

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Lol what :drake:

its a engine demo. The tech and graphic fidelity can be applied to any gameplay. 

lol Not really. That's never how they have ever worked. I swear everytime a new gen starts you niggas fall for the same tricks over and over again. 

1 minute ago, Liquid said:

lol Not really. That's never how they have ever worked. I swear everytime a new gen starts you niggas fall for the same tricks over and over again. 

I agree with you, that tends to happen every gen.  Look at what Ubi showed last week (CG) and look at what MS showed with Hellblade II a few months back, it was literally a movie running at 24 fps ( that the FR movies run at) and definitely wasn't gameplay. 

But Epic engine demos actually run on real hardware in real time and games end up looking better then the intial UE engine demo reveal. 

Go back at look at the PS4 UE4 engine demo reveal and go look at UE4 games throughout the gen.... Games ended up looking much better than the intial UE4 demo running on PS4. 

35 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

You're bitching about gameplay from a real time engine demo. Where is the logic.

The logic is that real time engine demos are not indicative of quality or good gameplay design, and we are fans of the videogame industry, not movie industry.

3 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

The logic is that real time engine demos are not indicative of quality or good gameplay design, and we are fans of the videogame industry, not movie industry.

Its the most popular middleware and like half of next gen games will be made on it. From AAA games to Japanese panty simulators. It's exciting. An engine has absolutely nothing to do with game design anyway.

2 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

not remipee, he doesn't play games, he's analyzing them which is kind of the same as watching a movie, pixel by pixel.