Rumor - ps5 is twice as fat as ps4 pro

design-wise PS5 doesn't look like Xbox Series X at all nor does it look like a smart speaker. It's a traditional console: it's a flat, square, symmetrical box with rounded edges
- at the same time PS5 is "very fat", almost twice as fat as PS4 Pro

So like a Receiver...

Essentially a Series X layed on it's side... but deeper...

It'll be funny if it's true, watching all the people who were bitching about Series X here to then explain why it's ok for PS5 to be 2x as thick as a PS4 PRO lmao..

Edited by Remij_
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

A real machine, instead of something that looks like a home decorative piece that someone bought at Target.

A real, white... fat toy-looking machine :smoke: 

That’s pretty much what I’m expecting. Try keep the ‘console’ design instead of verring into PC tower territory. We’ll see just how fat it truly is and how they try make it sleek.

leaks happening now suggest we will prob see it at the event 

Just now, Remij_ said:

A real, white... fat toy-looking machine :smoke: 

At this point, I wouldn't it being in white casing with a blue LED line running all around it.

Rounded edges.

Hell, it may be that diagram that we saw a few months back.

if its the size of a receiver that is NOT traditional console design .

Look at the shit you guys gave ms for the original xb1 size .

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Flat and rectangle/square is traditional console design. OG Xbox was traditional console design, it was just a fat ugly box. Ps5 could very much turn the same.

but I mean with size expanding in a depth and square/rectangle pattern instead of vertically how PC does.

Just now, JONBpc said:

jesus christ.......we now have to hear about butthurt from 19 years ago.

No, we don't have to "look at the shit" we gave MS from 19 years ago......it was 19 years ago.

That was a big bulky console because it was a half-assed design in which they threw off-the-shelf parts in a box. That's not what is happening here.

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I kind of hope it's not white, but whatever. :shrug:  I'll take it.

Yeah hope it ain’t solid white with a blue trim but that’s what I’m expecting. Don’t give af either way. I can’t see a way they match the ps4 design aesthetically. 

White top that is 2/3's, blue LED line that runs across the front and the left and right side, and then bottom 1/3 is just a normal rectangular black.

Alot like the controller.

19 minutes ago, jehurey said:

jesus christ.......we now have to hear about butthurt from 19 years ago.

No, we don't have to "look at the shit" we gave MS from 19 years ago......it was 19 years ago.

That was a big bulky console because it was a half-assed design in which they threw off-the-shelf parts in a box. That's not what is happening here.

:mindblown:

20 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Flat and rectangle/square is traditional console design. OG Xbox was traditional console design, it was just a fat ugly box. Ps5 could very much turn the same.

but I mean with size expanding in a depth and square/rectangle pattern instead of vertically how PC does.

I'd take xsx design over a bulky ass receiver. 

11 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I'd take xsx design over a bulky ass receiver. 

Except the XSX shows the same amount of bulk

TCEvr5f-768x576.jpg

If you lay it down, the lack of depth doesn't really help, because you're not gonna put something else behind it. SO ultimately its twice as tall as an Xbox One when laying down, and its almost three times as wide as a standing Xbox One or standing PS4 when you have it standing up.

The Series X is just awkward and it was obviously designed to stand up like a mini PC tower. Laying it on the side is just plain awful looking and it certainly won't fit in most people's entertainment centers. It's not an original design anyways and I would have preferred Microsoft to evolve their existing Xbox One X design... the Series X design would have been perfect for a Surface PC tower.

13 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

The Series X is just awkward and it was obviously designed to stand up like a mini PC tower. Laying it on the side is just plain awful looking and it certainly won't fit in most people's entertainment centers. It's not an original design anyways and I would have preferred Microsoft to evolve their existing Xbox One X design... the Series X design would have been perfect for a Surface PC tower.

PC towers :wow2: