Horizon II: Forbidden West 4K Direct Feed Screenshots

20 minutes ago, jehurey said:

An important thing to consider is, when exactly did Mark Cerny tell and provide a dev kit to Sony first-party studios in which they knew that they would have 5,000 MB/s transfer speeds in which they could design their game around?

I'm almost certain Guerilla starts making this Horizon game during mid-2017. If Mark Cerny doesn't finalize the hardware design until late 2018, early 2019, that's too late for Guerilla, they're too far into designing their game to start anew.

I bet there are Sony first and second party studios, who are beginning to start their new game projects in late 2019, early 2019, and they will have advantages that the earlier developers couldn't plan for.

EA developer said they got PS5 specs in 2016 when the Pro was releasing. 

20 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

EA developer said they got PS5 specs in 2016 when the Pro was releasing. 

wut? where did you hear this?

They knew about PCIe 4.0 transfer speeds back in 2016?

1 hour ago, Delita said:

It took 4 gens but games are finally at the toy story level graphics MS promised for Xbox 1. :ben:  

One of the basic premises of the Xbox is to put the power in the hands of the artist," Blackley said, which is why Xbox developers "are achieving a level of visual detail you really get in 'Toy Story.'"

Toy story looks like trash

411475974_images(39).jpeg.d03cf541c81c5171cfc5a79d916936ef.jpeg

Just now, jehurey said:

That really is pretty nice looking.

But its dawning on me that I absolutely need to have a 4K tv that's quite huge to really appreciate that as I'm playing it.

Without a doubt. We are clearly at the point you need a 4K HDR tv (even then, OLED looks so much better) to be able to really appreciate the level of jump we are seeing. 

Seeing the trailers in that stream then rewatching the exact trailer again in 4K alone looks like a next gen leap lol