What do you think is the best format of an event

So event meaning something like these reveals or past E3 conferences, etc.

The rules being that your event has major first parties, smaller first parties, indies and AA/AAA 3rd party titles and you need to fit them all in your event.

This has been attempted many different way over the years, which do you think is the best?

We basically have:

- The usual Sony method. Start heavy, End heavy. Interject indie with 3rd party in the middle. Start strong, hook ppl in but then a lull in the middle and can drag but then end strong so final sentiment is positive.

- The completely segmented approach that builds up. So start small, indies together, then multiplat 3rd parties together and end with just first party titles. Slow, boring start, risk ppl leaving and stopping watching but finish with a bang.

- Complete mix of all the above. No real order, just mix big titles with small, bit of everything for everyone then just end with a big title.

What is your preference as a viewer?

The absolute best recent example of what I want is Sony's E3 2016.  That's the format I love.  Make an event/show out of it.

Direct like formats are ok for some stuff... but I like seeing and hearing the excitement from people in a venue reacting to what's being shown as well.

10 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The absolute best recent example of what I want is Sony's E3 2016.  That's the format I love.  Make an event/show out of it.

Direct like formats are ok for some stuff... but I like seeing and hearing the excitement from people in a venue reacting to what's being shown as well.

Nothing will ever beat that live Orchestra

• Like 1

E3 2016 was the absolute shit. It makes me think starting strong is the most important thing for a great conference

I dont really even remember everything shown after that but the GOW intro is etched in my memory

The problem with ending on a high is that if you've bored everyone up until then, the last game has to absolutely nail it in importance and quality. I remember when Twisted Metal was unveiled for PS3 it was a pretty average show and that announcement would have been an exciting revival had it ended off a good show. Instead all the expectation gets put on the last announcement