Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Crazy naming bullshit

I wanted to post some crazy naming bullshit I heard the other day from some cosplay girl.

she said in her chat that she was an “assigned female at birth.”

she actually used the acronym AFAB, but because people didn’t know what it meant, some guy explained it to us. 

It’s really hard to process the term... it’s trying to convey a long message, like complicated propaganda, into a small sentence. 

I guess it’s a transgender thing. The transgenders are actually women, and they’re not different from any other women, but we need a word to describe women. This concept isn’t hard to grasp... it just means woman. But what’s hard to grasp is this jumbled meaning of “assigned” and “woman” and that it takes place “at birth.” 

is this supposed to be normal for people my age? Do we consume this stuff without questioning it?

I’m not baiting at all here, but I have no clue why so many young people are obsessed with transexuals or the terms they use. For example, my gay friends throw around terms like bear, bug chaser, twink, power bottom, Queen, etc...and I just roll with it. The same goes for others who identify themselves as pansexual, demisexual or aromantic/Heteromantic  asexual..

basically, if it doesn’t involve sleeping with kids/animals, I’m fine with any sexuality or terms they use. I don’t over analyze it. 

• Haha 1

I think nobody has a problem with it until people start making a scene in any kind or way.  the internet is full of false representation of these people obviously. 

I don't think transgenders (or that movement) and all their made up language to describe stuff is a problem. Most people don't even care or think about naming these things because they never have to deal with it.

It's about tolerance first and foremost and the internet always paints this picture of hatefulness. minorities shoving their agenda in your face, people reacting badly to transgender problems or not taking it serious etc.

I like to think this forum is pretty good at this. I mean people show a tremendous amount of strength and bravery to tolerate and accept Jimbo for example. 

to answer your question of course it's normal for some people but not to others. It's like having to take care of a disabled child compared to a healthy one. People don't know about stuff because they are never confronted with it. But that doesn't mean that they are ignorant of course. 

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

I’m not baiting at all here, but I have no clue why so many young people are obsessed with transexuals or the terms they use. For example, my gay friends throw around terms like bear, bug chaser, twink, power bottom, Queen, etc...and I just roll with it. The same goes for others who identify themselves as pansexual, demisexual or aromantic/Heteromantic  asexual..

basically, if it doesn’t involve sleeping with kids/animals, I’m fine with any sexuality or terms they use. I don’t over analyze it. 

It's part of feeling like a group and with peers. It's very high school.

On 2020-07-20 at 5:06 AM, -GD- said:

It has to do with trans women telling women what women are. If I were born a man and transitioned to being a woman I have no right to tell feminists what a woman really is. It's the whole JK Rowling thing thats got transsexual testicles in knots. Trans women can't give birth and do not have female reproductive organs. Apparently that is an offensive thing to say on Twitter.

Also thinking trans women shouldn't be able to compete against women in sports is also offensive. If you've had testosterone flowing through your body for decades you're going to have stronger muscles and thicker bones, it's just a fact. 

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help