Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

New Zealand prime minister delays elections because of COVID

5 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

CNN: New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern delays election over Covid-19.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/16/asia/new-zealand-election-delay-coronavrius/index.html

FASCIST!!!!

So 49 cases delays the new zealand election but 2 million is ok for America. Confusing times. 

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says she is delaying the country's parliamentary election by four weeks to October 17 after the reemergence of Covid-19 in the country last week.

Like...........you know that you intentionally taking any news article headline and trying to turn it into your version of whining about the left, right?

Like, you know that we notice that? Don't you?

You're trying to compare a country whose presidential elections are on a rather strict 4 year interval versus a country that has parliamentary elections, which can have elections on DIFFERENT INTERVALS, depending on whether the majority power has "confidence" and "the Sovereign" is the one who calls for the election.

"the Sovereign" is the Head of State...........aka New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Adern.

So in other words..........she calling or MOVING the date of parliamentary elections are powers the SHE SPECIFICALLY HAS and has BEEN GRANTED TO HER POSITION.

And you just tried to compare it to a United States President who DOES NOT HAVE ANY SUCH POWERS TO SET THE ELECTIONS FOR HIS OWN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. And him attempting to change that WOULD be fascist.

So, not only did you try to take this headline and turn it into partisan politics.......your implicated comparison is fundamentally wrong on every single factual level.

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Like...........you know that you intentionally taking any news article headline and trying to turn it into your version of whining about the left, right?

Like, you know that we notice that? Don't you?

You're trying to compare a country whose presidential elections are on a rather strict 4 year interval versus a country that has parliamentary elections, which can have elections on DIFFERENT INTERVALS, depending on whether the majority power has "confidence" and "the Sovereign" is the one who calls for the election.

"the Sovereign" is the Head of State...........aka New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Adern.

So in other words..........she calling or MOVING the date of parliamentary elections are powers the SHE SPECIFICALLY HAS and has BEEN GRANTED TO HER POSITION.

And you just tried to compare it to a United States President who DOES NOT HAVE ANY SUCH POWERS TO SET THE ELECTIONS FOR HIS OWN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. And him attempting to change that WOULD be fascist.

So, not only did you try to take this headline and turn it into partisan politics.......your implicated comparison is fundamentally wrong on every single factual level.

Imagine getting dominated by Jerry. Cocke, just admit you're a conservative. It's getting embarrassing now.

2 minutes ago, nitric said:

Imagine getting dominated by Jerry. Cocke, just admit you're a conservative. It's getting embarrassing now.

Even if I were.. So what? Does that mean im "owned" because I have different politival views? Is that what its come down to? Those that critisize their own side from within do more to change it than those who scream and yell from the other side.  

1 minute ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Even if I were.. So what? Does that mean im "owned" because I have different politival views? Is that what its come down to? Those that critisize their own side from within do more to change it than those who scream and yell from the other side.  

So we know where you stand when you post embarrassing threads like this.

Jerhuey stop with the fanatical shitposting. Im no longer go to respond to essays. 

Anyway. Its time for real liberals to distance themselves from modern leftist hyper hysteria. I can't handle it anymore. The world to them always seems on the brink of disaster. Theres no meaningful discussions left, its too extreme, too vitriolic, too righteous. Its more like a religious fanatiscm than politics. 

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help
18 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Jerhuey stop with the fanatical shitposting. Im no longer go to respond to essays. 

Anyway. Its time for real liberals to distance themselves from modern leftist hyper hysteria. I can't handle it anymore. The world to them always seems on the brink of disaster. Theres no meaningful discussions left, its too extreme, too vitriolic, too righteous. Its more like a religious fanatiscm than politics. 

@Twinblade So he's doing the very thing you're saying is ruining threads?  Just name-calling and obvious partisan baiting, right?

This is in the forum rules, is it not?

I didn't know that me posting facts was "fanatical shitposting".........that's a new one.

24 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

What's more frustrating is when a conservative pretends to be a liberal and has talking points from r/MAGA.

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

@Twinblade So he's doing the very thing you're saying is ruining threads?  Just name-calling and obvious partisan baiting, right?

This is in the forum rules, is it not?

I didn't know that me posting facts was "fanatical shitposting".........that's a new one.

You're making assumptions about other people's political alignment, and basically calling them extremists not based on evidence but only because you clearly want to bait them into continuing your never ending argument. Thats no different from spam.

@nitric your latest posts in this thread are also contributing nothing to the discussion. Either come up with a counter argument or a point related to the discussion or im gonna start deleting your posts.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You're making assumptions about other people's political alignment, and basically calling them extremists not based on evidence but only because you clearly want to bait them into continuing your never ending argument. Thats no different from spam.

@nitric your latest posts in this thread are also contributing nothing to the discussion. Either come up with a counter argument or a point related to the discussion or im gonna start deleting your posts.

So am I allowed to spew shit without doing any research? Does that qualify for adding to the discussion? Or are you above the rules?

7 minutes ago, nitric said:

So am I allowed to spew shit without doing any research? Does that qualify for adding to the discussion? Or are you above the rules?

uhh mind posting some examples? Cause cooke started this thread with a link to a article that verifies his argument. You on the other hand have posted 4 times in this thread and none of those posts added anything to the discussion.

35 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You're making assumptions about other people's political alignment,

bullshit..........he created this thread to intentionally shitpost against "liberals"

Does anybody need to make assumption about what he is attempting, politically?????????

SO, just to reiterate.................you're not enforcing the rules for THIS THREAD, and are allowing his obvious political baiting and shitposting, right?

27 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

uhh mind posting some examples? Cause cooke started this thread with a link to a article that verifies his argument. You on the other hand have posted 4 times in this thread and none of those posts added anything to the discussion.

Are you suffering from short term memory loss? You literally admitted  you don't fact check or research and just post nonsense that  you personally believe a few weeks ago. Cooke made this thread as a bait thread, got dismantled by Jerry and is crying. This thread is a joke and should be locked.

10 minutes ago, nitric said:

Are you suffering from short term memory loss? You literally admitted  you don't fact check or research and just post nonsense that  you personally believe a few weeks ago. Cooke made this thread as a bait thread, got dismantled by Jerry and is crying. This thread is a joke and should be locked.

Its a thread to show hypocrisy. I thought that was quite obvious. 

3 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Its a thread to show hypocrisy. I thought that was quite obvious. 

Except its not hypocritical and I specifically went into DETAIL to show you why.

Do you have a response to that, yes or no?

If you don't, then its obvious that this thread is intentional baiting, and should be locked @-GD- since Twinblade has clearly decided to not do his fucking job.

Edited by jehurey
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except its not hypocritical and I specifically went into DETAIL to show you why.

Do you have a response to that, yes or no?

If you don't, then its obvious that this thread is intentional baiting, and should be locked @-GD- since Twinblade has clearly decided to not do his fucking job.

Try not typing in a ridiculously annoying manner and ill read it. 

25 minutes ago, nitric said:

Wow, you completely twisted what I said in the other thread into something completely untrue. gj.

But you're right about this thread needing to be locked. You guys really are doing your best to turn this back into the shitfest that was the original political forum. Us mods all agreed to be more lenient but we're gonna have to start going on ban sprees again if you keep this up.