New Switch model in early 2021

Whoa, the person typing the rumor is saying that the hardware codename suggest it doesn't take game cartridges and "its a new form factor" which leads them to suggest that it could be just a TV-only device that plays games all-digitally. Meant to be sold as a low-cost device.

So, it would have some flash memory (or require people to buy a microSD card), they save money on an LCD screen and do not require a battery. It requires the module that renders TV out through HDMI, and they would still need to pack in either a pair of joy-cons or a pro controller.

I doubt it would be much cheaper than the Switch lite's price. Maybe down to $150-$170.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Rumor of ‘New Nintendo Switch’ model for 2021, featuring: - 4K (output to TV) - 1080p Screen (portable use) - Sleeker form factor - Redesigned Joy-Cons - 128GB storage - 8GB RAM - White Model - Black Model - Display by Sharp - ARM based hardware

oh okay. that would definitely classify it as a Switch 2

Rumor of ‘New Nintendo Switch’ model for 2021, featuring: - 4K (output to TV) - 1080p Screen (portable use) - Sleeker form factor - Redesigned Joy-Cons - 128GB storage - 8GB RAM - White Model - Black Model - Display by Sharp - ARM based hardware

I don’t believe it will do 4K but that’s be pretty wild.  That sounds fairly beefy tho

8 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I doubt it. 

remember that there are rumors of a "tesselator" chip that are on the new upcoming nVidia GPUs, and that the rumor was that nVIdia was going to sell the tesselator chip on its own separate board so that people with older video cards can add this.

They say its a horrible idea because its like the PhysX card era, however this would be a perfect product to put inside, say, a new Switch TV dock.

The tesselator is to perform DLSS upscaling for higher resolutions. Nintendo would absolutely not give a shit about trying to render native 4K and simply allow a smart upscaler to achieve that function.

14 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

:francis: Seriously doubt this. Can see a new model, not not this much of an upgrade.

1 minute ago, ghostz life matters said:

4K is honestly a gimmick there’s no noticeable jump from 1440 to 4K imo

I agree. Tried switching from 4k to 1440p in some PS4 games difference is shit. 

You need a huge ass TV and perfect eye sight to notice some differences. Also very short distant from TV. 

Edited by Team 2019

I agree. Tried switching from 4k to 1440p in some PS4 games difference is shit. 

You need a huge ass TV and perfect eye sight to notice some differences. Also very short distant from TV. 

Even still, it’s not even worth the power trade off. Games would look significantly better being native 1440p or 1080p. Then we’d see a real next gen.