few weeks left before launch... where are the series X Next Gen gameplay demos?

Just now, Remij said:

No... you were very much talking about Forza not being ready for launch.

See... this DOES show that you're mad.  I made an honest point about what you said... and you got upset and waived it off.

Don't be mad sweetie.  

How does it show that I am mad, when the things I am bringing up are reasonable points?

Forza took a year off...........not to MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY about criticisms of releasing too many Forza games, but even you said back in 2019 that they were taking the year off to concentrate on the next-gen version of the game.

And many people logicially assumed that was the case, and are surprised to not just see that there's no game, but they haven't even made any real demo of actual gameplay.

Its not working dude..........you just tried to derail to whine about me. You're the one who is mad, and its obvious.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, Jeff Bakular with CNET is on the Giant Beastcase on Fridays, and he said he has the console.   And he said that he basically cannot say anything.   But the implication was that

So the Series X previews from the press are coming in.    It all backwards compatibility games    @Remij @madmaltese  the game situation is worse than we thought.    

We're 2 weeks away?  

Just now, Goukosan said:

I said good launch.  You dont need an amazing launch to succeed just a good one.  PS2 launched with good exclusive games 

MS is launching with zero exclusive titles, launch so far is looking beyond terrible

Eh.. I had a PS2 launch day I remember thinking... god damn there's absolutely nothing to play.  It wasn't even a good launch.. it was garbage.  

I remember being relieved when ZOE released because it had the amazing MGS2 demo...

SSX was the only cool launch title.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Eh.. I had a PS2 launch day I remember thinking... god damn there's absolutely nothing to play.  It wasn't even a good launch.. it was garbage.  

I remember being relieved when ZOE released because it had the amazing MGS2 demo...

SSX was the only cool launch title.

That's YOUR personal opinion. 

But the FACT is, PS2 launched with EXCLUSIVE games. 

Series X maybe the first system in history to not have a single exclusive at launch. 

Big difference. 

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, Goukosan said:

That's YOUR personal opinion. 

But the FACT is, PS2 launched with EXCLUSIVE games. 

Series X maybe the first system in history to not have a single exclusive at launch. 

Big difference. 

lmao...  no shit.

13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Thankfully for them launches still always sell out and they have more than enough goodwill to keep some momentum.

We've seen how quickly that can change though adn when all this pre gen buzz is over and the systems are out then ppl are only gonna care about one thing as always and that is games. 

Come launch week for both systems what games are gonna be talked about? DS Remake and Miles....meanwhile on Xbox??? Then you have Ratchet coming... PS5 could already have a Switch like Year 1 lineup before Xbox even gets out of the gate.

Their games are at least 2 years out....good luck to them catching up to PS5's momentum and mindshare... Lemmings are in for another looooooong ass drought of quality first party content. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Like 1

Like I said, there is precedent in which the AAA racing IP can't make it to launch.

That's happened before, its becoming more common with the Gran Turismo series.

But at least Gran Turismo throws something out there to new console buyers, gives them a taste of the upcoming product. A "Prologue" disc, a demo. A "Concept" downloadable product to try out.

PS2 had some cool experimental games that made you excited to see what other prominent developers could do with the system. Even if they weren't amazing they sold you on what was possible with the new hardware and tech, and made you look forward to to its future games.

I look at Series S and X and I feel nothing but apathy. Its going to be the most 'boring' console launch yet.

it also hurts that, even though it hasn't been officially declared by anybody.......the game demo is dead.

Its gone.

There are no more game demos.

Which is odd, because developers clearly made a game demo to show off, but we'll never get to try it.

They were already on their way out during the PS4/XBO, but people still had stuff like P.T. or Knack.

So the Series X previews from the press are coming in. 

It all backwards compatibility games :drake:

@Remij @madmaltese  the game situation is worse than we thought.

"As this is a preview console, I was limited to focusing on three areas for this initial hands-on: backward-compatible games, load times, and the new Quick Resume feature"

"The true next generation of games is still a mystery

@jehureyyou couldn't make this up if you tried :ovolol:

https://www.theverge.com/21458254/microsoft-xbox-series-x-load-times-performance-gameplay-preview

Edited by Goukosan
  • Haha 2
20 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

"As this is a preview console, I was limited to focusing on three areas for this initial hands-on: backward-compatible games, load times, and the new Quick Resume feature"

https://www.theverge.com/21458254/microsoft-xbox-series-x-load-times-performance-gameplay-preview

They have nothing ready :mj: 

Yeah, Bakular's implication was that all he had was his previos gen games to test BC. He just couldn't say it, so he let the rest of the Beastcast crew throw out questions until he gave hinting noises at what was going on.

Who knows. Maybe there's firmware updates for the hardware that cannot play the games well until its updated.

Maybe the CPU/GPU are downclocked from when it was manufactured and packaged months ago, and they won't update the console to finally up it to its intended processor speed, or something like that.

19 hours ago, JonbX said:

lmfao at sheep defending each other for being stupid. Thats cute.

Media just got series x's like a few days ago ,

IF yall paid attention to video games, you would know.

19 hours ago, JonbX said:

Impressions are coming soon, according to resetera nerds. Weve had a decent lot shown on Series S. Probably wanted to hold out a little longer on X. It is still 3 weeks......err, i mean 6 weeks and change away.

The impressions are out.... they only had Backward compatibility to show :ovolol:

11 hours ago, Goukosan said:

:mj: It's literally just a backwards compatibility machine at launch. LMAO

12TF to play old games. 

• Goukosan changed the title to few weeks left before launch... where are the series X Next Gen gameplay demos?