Game journalists seem to be extremely impressed with the PS5’s Dualsense controller

Looks solid. I’m glad they made it bigger. 

Sony definitely has the worst controller of the big 3. PS4 was built like junk and felt awful compared to Switch Pro Controllers and Xbox controllers. All the previous versions were way too small. 

a lot of this is because of call of duty and becoming the #1 FPS controller/console in the world.

also, now that Japan has rejected PS consoles, they can cede that market to nintendo and offer a bigger controller.

Everything works out, and Xbox is the only aggrieved party that gets shut out. :glad: that's because they have NO EXCLUSIVES!

23 minutes ago, Remij said:

I still can't believe they really didn't do anything to the controller.  They really blew it IMO.  The impulse triggers in the XO controller were a great addition and added nice immersion and feedback to games that supported it.  Why they didn't bother to take it further and try to improve other areas is beyond me.

Haptics was such a no brainer move.

I think the Dual Sense is going to be awesome.  Just using the Steam controller opened my eyes to the amount of possibilities that are there with haptic feedback.  The feedback can be so soooo minute.. all the way to full blown rumble and everything in between.  It's far more responsive and tactile.  I could imagine a game using the touchpad with haptic feedback.. running your finger over the touchpad feeling the haptics give feedback until you find the point which produces the most feedback, then you have to press that specific area on the trackpad.  Could be used for inputting codes or unlocking mechanics.

There's all sorts of really cool stuff they could do with it.

They've been pushing how everything is BC so I guess they didn't want to make a new major additions that wouldn't be supported on past controllers. Either that or they got complacent.

All the previews so far have been glowing so I'm very curious to try it out and see if those changes are significant as they say. Never really tried proper haptic feedback yet. It probably won't be used too much outside of Sony first party but those are the games I'm getting a PS5 for anyway. 

11 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

They've been pushing how everything is BC so I guess they didn't want to make a new major additions that wouldn't be supported on past controllers. Either that or they got complacent.

All the previews so far have been glowing so I'm very curious to try it out and see if those changes are significant as they say. Never really tried proper haptic feedback yet. It probably won't be used too much outside of Sony first party but those are the games I'm getting a PS5 for anyway. 

Yea.  To me, it seems like MS didn't want to invest much in the controller and just decided to roll with what they have again.  I don't think that they "it wouldn't be supported on past controllers" is a good excuse though.  Series X/S controllers work on the XO consoles and vice versa.. so they could have done it and put a requirement on the game box that it requires the new controller for full functionality.

As long as the controller is backward and forwards compatible with both systems, there really should be no problem.  They could even have discontinued the XO controllers and just produced Series X/S controllers from now on. 

Edited by Remij
14 minutes ago, Bodycount V said:

also, if you're a PC gamer, just please fuck off and do not buy this controller. these will be supply constrained and need to go to legitimate playstation customers.

you guys can stick to your MS sidewinders or, ShitBox Done controller custom color #1299. :geese: 

Nah, we'll buy whatever controllers we want :geese: