Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Why does America have only 2 political parties?

Because of this there really is no reason for them to get any better, no reason for them to have integrity. They always get a shot at taking control every 4-8 years. There aren't other parties to keep them accountable. Such an awful political system.  The US has only 1 more political party than China :willcucked:

22 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

A third party invites a big problem. Instead of government running on a near majority rule, it will instead be run a large minority. I mean it is now, but it could be worse. 

They need to get rid of the electoral college and just make the winner the person that gets the largest amount of votes. Maybe I dont understand the system well, but it seems a bit weird that a person can get millions of votes less and win.

11 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Because of this there really is no reason for them to get any better, no reason for them to have integrity. They always get a shot at taking control every 4-8 years. There aren't other parties to keep them accountable. Such an awful political system.  The US has only 1 more political party than China :willcucked:

1 hour ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

We should have adopted the parliamentary system in the beginning

Awww 

1 minute ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

You're not concerned about China?

The "China" issue isn't about China. It's about unchecked capitalism. The "globalist" scare is conservatives way of making a boogeyman out of their own self interest. China is only where they are because it's cheaper to manufacture there. Their rise wasn't in a bubble. The same "woke progressives" that you guys love to whine about were ringing these bells 30 fucking years ago. Conservatives in this country haven't created any forward thinking platforms that have been constructive for the country since probably Nixon. I guess you could include "No child left behind" from the Bush II era, but that's about it. 

People can't whine about China, while supporting politicians that dont believe in any sort of regulations or preventive measures in place. The best position we would be in to correct course and cut into China's economic might would be taking the lead in new technologies but conservatives dont want that. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

The "China" issue isn't about China. It's about unchecked capitalism. The "globalist" scare is conservatives way of making a boogeyman out of their own self interest. China is only where they are because it's cheaper to manufacture there. Their rise wasn't in a bubble. The same "woke progressives" that you guys love to whine about were ringing these bells 30 fucking years ago. Conservatives in this country haven't created any forward thinking platforms that have been constructive for the country since probably Nixon. I guess you could include "No child left behind" from the Bush II era, but that's about it. 

People can't whine about China, while supporting politicians that dont believe in any sort of regulations or preventive measures in place. The best position we would be in to correct course and cut into China's economic might would be taking the lead in new technologies but conservatives dont want that. 

Actually what concerns me about China is how it treats its citizens. It has no regard for human rights. They have prison camps for Muslims, they are taking over Hong Kong 25 years early. Taiwan is next. Honestly I'd rather Trump be president of China over Xi Jinping.

An ever expanding China is terrible for the world unless it starts to respect humanity. 

2 minutes ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

Actually what concerns me about China is how it treats its citizens. It has no regard for human rights. They have prison camps for Muslims, they are taking over Hong Kong 25 years early. Taiwan is next. Honestly I'd rather Trump be president of China over Xi Jinping.

An ever expanding China is terrible for the world unless it starts to respect humanity. 

Why would you ever think Trump would be a better leader than Xi? You would get all of the corruption and cruelty and none of the competence. As bas as Trump is, he's only as bad as the American legal system allows him to be. There is little to no difference intellectually or morally between Trump and any dictator from another country. 

5 minutes ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

Shitposting looks great on you.

Why is it today of all days you're questioning the party system of the US? 

I didn't see one post from you the last four years doing as such. 

What makes today different huh? 

18 minutes ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

Because elections are every 4 years.. :|

When Trump won you didn't question shit dip shit. 

When Trunp was leading you didn't question shit. 

Now... at this moment all of a sudden.... you have an epiphany that the party system is shit? 

Lmfao go cry somewhere else snowflake

Edited by Goukosan
8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Your profile says otherwise 

May 22, 2016

:omglol:

Oh its been 4 years already? Wtf. Anyway. I'm not sure what your line of questioning is trying to prove anyway. I voted for Biden (reluctantly) and for Hilary (reluctantly). Both times we got shithole candidates. I want more options, is that a crime?

34 minutes ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

Oh its been 4 years already? Wtf. Anyway. I'm not sure what your line of questioning is trying to prove anyway. I voted for Biden (reluctantly) and for Hilary (reluctantly). Both times we got shithole candidates. I want more options, is that a crime?

Oh you're not sure what I'm saying.. ok let me say it again. 

You didn't complain 4 years ago. 

You didn't complain all through Trump's term. 

You didn't complain leading up to the Election. 

You didn't complain election night. 

You didn't complain when the first results came back. 

You choose this exact moment when Biden started leading to have an epiphany that the two party system doesn't work? lol