VG tech : Immortals Fenix Rising PS5 vs XSX, PS5 wins again

48 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

This isn't about optimization, this is about the peak capability of their development hamstrung to the maturity of the tools and devkit availability.

The tools are new, devkits arrived late, this is a period of growing pains which will pass. They're only as capable as what was provided to them prior to release.

:kaz: This is  Xbox peak capability. Its a bottlenecked piece of shit

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After seeing the launch numbers, its more than obvious that third-parties are going to make the PS5 the lead platform.   And, the Series S is almost gauranteed to fuck over Series X developm

Don't even bother with that clown.  

Thats sounds like what Cows were saying circa 2006 with the PS3 and the Cell.     The brand image damage to the Xflop Series X  has already happened and its irreversible for the clueless mas

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

I'm really not interested in a conversation like this, it's absolutely not true. You couldn't even conceive a choke point in this system if you tried.

Every closed box system has a limitation.  Stop being retarded. 

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

Limitations doesn't equal a bottleneck, everything has limitations. Where's the bottleneck in this system?

The system just launched. As time goes on each system's bottleneck will come to light. 

But to claim mater of fact that their is no bottleneck is disingenuous at best. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

The system just launched. As time goes on each system's bottleneck will come to light. 

But to claim mater of fact that their is no bottleneck is disingenuous at best. 

Not being able to explain a bottleneck is disingenuous, what's very clearly taking place is entirely software and devkit availability related. It's beyond plain to see.

18 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

I'm really not interested in a conversation like this, it's absolutely not true. You couldn't even conceive a choke point in this system if you tried.

Split RAM pool

Slower IO structure

No cache scrubber or built in coherency features

No shared L3 cache that Zen3 and PS5 have

RDNA1 CUs

Large overhead from the UI and game switching

DirectX API that will never allow coding as close to the metal as PS5 API

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

Not being able to explain a bottleneck is disingenuous, what's very clearly taking place is entirely software and devkit availability related. It's beyond plain to see.

Hey retard. I didn't say this current issue is a bottle neck.   I'm addressing you saying the system will have no bottle necks when you cannot say that for a matter of fact. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

Nope, you're not able to explain what the "software and devkit" shortcomings are to explain the console's underwhelming performance.

So in other words you are trying to criticize others for being too obtuse.................but you are absolutely doing it, as well.

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Nope, you're not able to explain what the "software and devkit" shortcomings are to explain the console's underwhelming performance.

So in other words you are trying to criticize others for being too obtuse.................but you are absolutely doing it, as well.

The hell are you talking about? It can and has been explained.

We know Microsoft just switched to GDK from XDK, it's a new development environment that will take getting used to. We know that Microsoft used spec'd PC's as development kits and the actual kits arrived late and were in short supply.

We know these things, third party developers were getting frustrated that Microsoft didn't have hardware available to them yet. This was talked about in depth basically everywhere in Spring/Summer.

We know the intrinsic link between software and hardware, we know hardware capability is only as proficient as the software and tools made available to develop for it.

We know all of this. You guys are pure bred liars, you conveniently forget things and are on the whole reality deniers. I'm sick of you idiots, you're nauseating.

/fin 

Edited by DynamiteCop
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

The hell are you talking about? It can and has been explained.

We know Microsoft just switched to GDK from XDK, it's a new development environment that will take getting used to. We know that Microsoft used spec'd PC's as development kits and the actual kits arrived late and were in short supply.

We know these things, third party developers were getting frustrated that Microsoft didn't have hardware available to them yet. This was talked about in depth basically everywhere in Spring/Summer.

We know the intrinsic link between software and hardware, we know hardware capability is only as proficient as the software and tools made available to develop for it.

We know all of this. You guys are pure bred liars, you conveniently forget things and are on the whole reality deniers. I'm sick of you idiots, you're nauseating.

/fin 

No, that isn't an explaination at all.

You are basically saying nothing in remote detail.

What part or software function of the devkit is failing to be efficient?

Explain it to me. Point it out to me with an actual video game.

I'll wait.

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, that isn't an explaination at all.

You are basically saying nothing in remote detail.

What part or software function of the devkit is failing to be efficient?

Explain it to me. Point it out to me with an actual video game.

I'll wait.

It doesn't need further explanation, it's clear cut and easily digestible. I'm not going to baby talk you. 

46 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Split RAM pool

Slower IO structure

No cache scrubber or built in coherency features

No shared L3 cache that Zen3 and PS5 have

RDNA1 CUs

Large overhead from the UI and game switching

DirectX API that will never allow coding as close to the metal as PS5 API

:rofl: 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

It doesn't need further explanation, it's clear cut and easily digestible. I'm not going to baby talk you. 

No, it isn't.

Its just an obtuse, catch-all excuse.

And it isn't working. It has been explained to you, multiple times already, that you need to design a game around using all of those compute units, because the PS5 is just straight up beating the Xbox in rasterization performance since its clocked higher.

The developers already have the ability to do so. They just have no reason to do so. And, its going to become abundantly clear, that developers will not consider the XsX as a primary platform to spend resources on trying to optimize it, since the PS5 is already running away with being the main platform for next-gen gamers.

You can't even baby talk, if you tried................you actually don't know anything going on with Xbox development. Not a single thing.

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Don't even bother with that clown. :hest: 

The absurdity and intentionally obtuse nature of these people acting like they don't understand these things is incredible. If you don't actually understand I get it, but to act like you don't just to argue is fucking pathetic.

4 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

This isn't about optimization, this is about the peak capability of their development hamstrung to the maturity of the tools and devkit availability.

The tools are new, devkits arrived late, this is a period of growing pains which will pass. They're only as capable as what was provided to them prior to release.

Thats sounds like what Cows were saying circa 2006 with the PS3 and the Cell. :D 

The brand image damage to the Xflop Series X  has already happened and its irreversible for the clueless masses. :juggle: 

• aitch 1