Digital Foundry: PS5 vs PC in Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Choosing a particular stress point on PlayStation 5 - which drops beneath 60fps and hits the minimum 1440p resolution - I could run the PC version fixed at 1440p with as close to equivalent settings as possible. And here's where we see the Nvidia vs AMD divide in action. First of all, RTX 2060 Super is 20 per cent slower than PlayStation 5, dropping to 10 per cent with an RTX 2070 Super. Based on tests with a 2080 Ti, it looks like a 2080 Super or RTX 3060 Ti would be required to match or exceed PlayStation 5's output.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Choosing a particular stress point on PlayStation 5 - which drops beneath 60fps and hits the minimum 1440p resolution - I could run the PC version fixed at 1440p with as close to equivalent settings as possible. And here's where we see the Nvidia vs AMD divide in action. First of all, RTX 2060 Super is 20 per cent slower than PlayStation 5, dropping to 10 per cent with an RTX 2070 Super. Based on tests with a 2080 Ti, it looks like a 2080 Super or RTX 3060 Ti would be required to match or exceed PlayStation 5's output.

The game runs really well on AMD hardware compared to Nvidia hardware.  It's an AMD sponsored title after all.

So PS5 is in fact aroun 2070-2070S in pure rasterization, and about a 2060 in RT performance.  As we concluded ages ago.

5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

ac1.png

Some settings require you to restart the game to see the change.  I wonder if Alex just happened to not reset the game when testing between effect settings?

Either that or a bug.  No big deal.

Just now, Remij said:

Some settings require you to restart the game to see the change.  I wonder if Alex just happened to not reset the game when testing between effect settings?

Either that or a bug.  No big deal.

It's very possible the vegetation is like Horizonzero dawn where it's randomly generated each time. 

19 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

It's very possible the vegetation is like Horizonzero dawn where it's randomly generated each time. 

That could be.  Besides the closer stuff being filled in more on PS5, the farther stuff in the back looks the same.. so it's hard to say.

Could just be an oversight as Alex said.  Doesn't really make sense as a performance thing since it doesn't affect performance that much on the GPUs tested.

I tried testing the "forgetting to restart the game" theory I had, but that can't be the case since the game wont change the setting at all until the game is restarted. lol

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

LMFAO

PC gaming is fucking trash, and here we finally have proof of it. Paying significantly more for less :lul: 

I'm going to clown you so fucking hard dude... it's going to be relentless.. :hest: 

Edited by Remij
2 minutes ago, Remij said:

I'm going to clown you so fucking hard dude... it's going to be unrelentless.. :hest: 

You game on a platform that sucks up thousands of dollars from its deluded fanbase and you are getting nothing out of it compared to the far cheaper and more efficiently utilized consoles. Theres only one person being clowned on here and its definitely not me :lul: 

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

You game on a platform that sucks up thousands of dollars from its deluded fanbase and you are getting nothing out of it compared to the far cheaper and more efficiently utilized consoles. Theres only one person being clowned on here and its definitely not me :lul: 

It's definitely you.. because you've wasted more money on a PC that sucks than I have in 2 years of owning a far better PC :rofl: 

You ALSO bought the console... so you've wasted more money too.  And then of course there's the fact that you're STILL going to buy a new GPU for your PC....... and you're going to spend more than you did on your PS5 to do it... and that pretty much tells you all you need to know... and that is that you can't and won't game JUST on console.  You NEED a PC.

That's the part I love most about this... you're LITERALLY HELPLESS against it:rofls: 

• dead 2
3 minutes ago, ChupacabraIII said:

lmao Ruben-PC has been BSOD'd 

:tom:

The guy is talking all this shit about PC.... but yet he's going to build his PC anyway on top of the console he just bought :cruise: 

I'd ALMOST respect Twinblade... if he didn't finish building his PC.  But he can't.  And the second that he buys a new GPU... he's owning himself... forever more.

I said I'm not buying any more consoles... and I'm not.  lmao fuck that shit.  If he had ANY conviction in what he's saying.. he'd not upgrade his PC anymore... but we all know how this ends :hehe: 

6 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Based on tests with a 2080 Ti, it looks like a 2080 Super or RTX 3060 Ti would be required to match or exceed PlayStation 5's output.

Damn, the PS5 is a fucking beast. Amazing for a $400-$500 console.

On 2020-12-05 at 5:31 PM, Twinblade said:

Speak for yourself. I spent like $1300 (not thousands) and it beats the fuck outta PS5.

Ferrari vs Civic.

Seems like kids are trolling here. Watched the full DF Video. In total the PS5 uses lower settings on average, and lower FPS. And that's with a shitty GPU.

In other words, Best on PC. Fucking SW gaslighting lol.

Edited by Substatic