Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

COVID-19 was the leading cause of death last week in the US

COVID is already the third highest leading cause of death in America, because heart disease and cancer.

I was watching the ending to Chernobyl again, that shows how many people suffered and sacrificed.

"Most death estimates range from 4,000 to 93,000, the official Soviet death tolls remains at 31."

This incompetent US government is responsible for over 250,000 deaths, and they will ultimately have us at around 400,000 deaths by February.

Keep on thinking about the 600,000 russians conscripted to serve in the exclusion zone, to clean it up. The Russian miners who went to dig to prevent absolute catastrophe to Europe. Countless scientists, nuclear engineers, doctors, the liquidators who ran on the rooftops for 40 seconds to throw over some of the most radioactive material in the world back into the reactor. And the sacrifices by the people who lived there and lost everything they had, for many that included their lives.

And I think to myself..............what was OUR sacrifice? What was asked of us compared to what was asked of the Russian people.

-Stay inside your fucking house

-Put a fucking mask on

-The government's ability to facilitate those two things through policy and pandemic counter-measures

And we somehow managed to fail that, we didn't even get close. And with copious amounts of whining, on top of that. I remember near the beginning of the pandemic, Stephen Colbert had John Oliver, and they talked about how this was a war, but the sacrifices were going to be different compared to other wars.  In other wars, the soldiers and their families sacrificed. 95% of American families keep on living their lives completely unaffected. But here, we were going to have to asked everybody to sacrifice, and they even sounded worried that it was the first time (in decades) you were asking the average American to sacrifice something for a war. They were absolutely right to worry.

Edited by jehurey

I swear you guys can't figure out simple math or just choose not to. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-has-become-less-deadly-but-that-could-change-as-cases-rise-11606213802

The problem is too many people are getting Covid.  But your odds of surviving are much higher now than they were in March and April. ITS NOT THAT COMPLICATED!!!!!! 

Bu bu Cooke said 

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help
59 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-has-become-less-deadly-but-that-could-change-as-cases-rise-11606213802

The problem is too many people are getting Covid.  But your odds of surviving are much higher now than they were in March and April. ITS NOT THAT COMPLICATED!!!!!! 

Bu bu Cooke said 

It's probably the same morbidity/mortality as before, we've just expanded testing now compared to April more than likely. Treatments and therapies have improved though.

7 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Bu bu Cooke said 

"has declined by a third since April"

3% death rate, down to 2% death rate.

That's "a third"

No, it is not "much higher" survival rate.

And, I do agree it probably has to do with health professional now know exactly how to treat it better today than their knowledge back in March and April. That is the ONLY REASON why that death rate drops from 3% to 2%. because of healthcare effectiveness.

You try to insinuate "the virus is getting weaker". No its not.

But......if the infections go out of control. There will be no hospital beds. There will be no nurse or doctor to treat you.

So that death rate will spike, because there will be NO healthcare effectiveness for those who can't get admitted into a hospital in time.