How do you possibly forget to program this in the game?

41 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I'm definitely disappointed that so far in act 1 of my second play through the game isn't any different with a corpo character than a street kid after the first 10 minutes. 

the lifepaths were always meant to be a "where do you come from, roleplaying choice". an introduction to the game and adding more dialogue optiios based on origin throughout the game . and while each intro is short  I like them.

I'm disappointed actually when people rush the main story to just "finish" the game. a lot of people just ignore all side content/exploring. not saying that you did, but the game content is HUGE if you are willing to try.

that's why I couldn't take the gamespot review seriously for example. 

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

You guys are being too harsh. You have to remember that no other game has even attempted to merge a complex RPG with a GTA style open world. 

I see all the GTA5 comparisons and they're laughable considering Rockstar has had nearly 2 decades to build that formula and refine it.

That makes it worse for CDPR.  There was 2 decades worth of GTA style open world games copy from.   The game should have been delayed into next year and it would have been a masterpiece. 

But they put it out in an unfinished state because they didn't have the balls to delay it further. 

5 hours ago, ChupacabraIII said:

im surprised this bothers you. Its taken right out of the Bollywood Classics you love so much like Bullett Raja and Ghajini

Ghajini is actually a pretty good movie. It’s about this guy who suffers from short term memory loss. like something you’re going through every time you experience a game breaking bug in cyberpunk and pretend it never happened. 

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, kazpunk said:

the lifepaths were always meant to be a "where do you come from, roleplaying choice". an introduction to the game and adding more dialogue optiios based on origin throughout the game . and while each intro is short  I like them.

I'm disappointed actually when people rush the main story to just "finish" the game. a lot of people just ignore all side content/exploring. not saying that you did, but the game content is HUGE if you are willing to try.

that's why I couldn't take the gamespot review seriously for example. 

I usually hold back to build my character up, hell i usually do as many side missions to extend the single player but after getting two legendary/Iconic pistols, an iconic Sniper Rifle, and the talking smart gun and 2 of the better vehicles I felt up to the task. I also figured with 3 paths to choose it wasn't like shorting myself as I wondered what being a Corpo or Nomad would be like. 

Spoiler

Also I got tired of the character continually getting sick and wondered if completing the main would alleviate that issue. 

I wound up going back to my first character and letting my GF play the second save when she feels like it. Riding through the Badlands and picking up missions in the area is a blast so still plenty of game to burn through. 

I'll stick up for the game, but the complaint about some false advertising issues are true, and they made it seem like each class had some exclusive path through the game. I mean you even have the same home/car? Now I didn't expect it to be completely different but GTA V came out 6 years ago and they managed to merge character paths and yet give some different experiences across 3 different characters. The extra lines of dialog dont even really affect anything and it's only in like 1/3 of the conversations anyway. Hell Mass Effect 1 did this better. 

• NPC 1
12 hours ago, Goukosan said:

That makes it worse for CDPR.  There was 2 decades worth of GTA style open world games copy from.   The game should have been delayed into next year and it would have been a masterpiece. 

But they put it out in an unfinished state because they didn't have the balls to delay it further. 

I agree this game is 6 months to a year away from being ready for prime time. Other than the game crashing once or twice a day and some weird occasion character glitches my play experience has been fine. Game looks good, has honestly only slowed down once on me but honestly the menus system, barely legible text, and dumbest navigation process I've ever seen. I mean how do you design a game where a person has to click through 3 different windows to load a fucking game?