Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Five of Trump's Impeachment Defense attorneys depart because they did not agree with the defense strategy that Trump was making them do.

A person familiar with the departures told CNN that Trump wanted the attorneys to argue there was mass election fraud and that the election was stolen from him rather than focus on the legality of convicting a president after he's left office. Trump was not receptive to the discussions about how they should proceed in that regard.

He still thinks this is a "court case" to argue about election fraud.

The articles of Impeachment are very clear about what this is about. They accuse him, very specifically, of inciting an insurrection against the federal government. This trial is based on the articles of Impeachment. They are not going to talk about anything else other than what the Impeachment claims he did.

And he thinks his defense strategy should be: repeating the very thing that is inciting an insurrection against the federal government.

I hope he is stupid enough to testify for his own impeachment trial. I would imagine that even a legal clerk would try to stop him at all costs.

he is absolutely going to try and re-ignite the same Qanon idiots.

He’s STILL on the election fraud bullshit? :will2:

Mentally competent my ass.This guy has serious mental issues.

After Melania divorces him I can see him becoming a Howard Hughes type of recluse where he watches Fox News all day every day in his room without leaving, peeing in Diet Coke bottles, organizing trash by size and shape all while  going over in his head how he was robbed of the election till he eventually dies

He doesn't need any kind of defense.  There are enough Republicans scared to lose his voters that they will vote to aquit.  

Edited by lostfool