Epic Games Store to have more exclusives than ever within the next 2 years

31 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

this is utter bs. Metro Exodus actually sold almost 3x more on EGS than its predecessor did on steam. And there are numerous other success stories related to sales of EGS exclusive games.

You're not fooling anyone shitblade, $251 million total revenue from 3rd party games in a year... That's the equivalent of 4.1 million $60 games being sold in total for a store which at the time had dozens and dozens of titles.

No one buys anything on this shit platform, it's a free game haven and nothing more. This is bolstered simply by the fact that people have redeemed 750 million free games..  Not $750 million, 750 million units.

Their "bait them in with free games" tactic isn't working. People claim the games and fuck right back off to Steam. Furthermore, comparing Last Light to Exodus is laughable, one was a marketing juggernaut and the other a fart in the wind. Also selling 2.5x something that sold like shit for $10 less isn't something to get excited about.

You're out of your element.

52 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

You're not fooling anyone shitblade, $251 million total revenue from 3rd party games in a year... That's the equivalent of 4.1 million $60 games being sold in total for a store which at the time had dozens and dozens of titles.

No one buys anything on this shit platform, it's a free game haven and nothing more. This is bolstered simply by the fact that people have redeemed 750 million free games..  Not $750 million, 750 million units.

Their "bait them in with free games" tactic isn't working. People claim the games and fuck right back off to Steam. Furthermore, comparing Last Light to Exodus is laughable, one was a marketing juggernaut and the other a fart in the wind. Also selling 2.5x something that sold like shit for $10 less isn't something to get excited about.

You're out of your element.

I should have known you would make this type of post. Your resentment and hatred of EGS is well known on this forum and is still to this day completely unreasonable.  

It’s actually pretty funny how you’re an Xbox fanboy considering how many of its biggest games and franchises run on UE4, which is highly integrated into EGS and that whole infrastructure. When are you going to start turning on MS for their reliance on it?

51 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I should have known you would make this type of post. Your resentment and hatred of EGS is well known on this forum and is still to this day completely unreasonable.  

It’s actually pretty funny how you’re an Xbox fanboy considering how many of its biggest games and franchises run on UE4, which is highly integrated into EGS and that whole infrastructure. When are you going to start turning on MS for their reliance on it?

This isn't a counter.

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

So you enjoy wasting money for no reason. Ok.

Community features are years ahead on STEAM. EGS is a barebone pos in comparison.

Plus I rather have everything in one place, including my friends, so I stay on the superior platform.

I'm making some money on the steam market anyway and the sales events are great. A few freebies doesn't really change anything.

Edited by Ramza
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Ramza said:

Community features are years ahead on STEAM. EGS is a barebone pos in comparison.

Plus I rather have everything in one place, including my friends, so I stay on the superior platform.

I'm making some money on the steam market anyway and the sales events are great. A few freebies doesn't really change anything.

everything is in one place: your computer.

you're doing shit on steam that almost nobody else is doing, and whatever you're doing on the marketplace is different than people who just play games. EGS mostly gives away single player games, so community stuff is not much of a factor.

jerry playing dumb lol. he means everything is in one place as in one program/one account. Logging in another account to play game is fine with me but  I rather expand one "main" store with my usual friendlist etc.

also egs just sucks, i take dem free games and bail like most people pointed out already, like most people actually do.

I might pay for the kingdom come deliverance dlcs down the line but they might release them for free too. And if not I might spend like 5€ for them when they are on sale and use one of their coupons. Or better yet, the full game plus dlcs will be available on steam sale at some point for even less. :shrug: 

they can keep dishing out free games in my opinion, I gladly take them but I won't buy shit on their platform primarily, I got my steam account for that.

Edited by kazpunk
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, jehurey said:

everything is in one place: your computer.

you're doing shit on steam that almost nobody else is doing, and whatever you're doing on the marketplace is different than people who just play games. EGS mostly gives away single player games, so community stuff is not much of a factor.

It's not just the steam market, having strategy guides written by the community accessible while in game, or seeing the sheer amount of community reviews before buying a game, getting points from the community for your contributions, etc. Steam is a really well established platform with a great community and I'm loving it. I don't want to go back to 2006 level of PC gaming.

And yes, I want everything under one roof. Friends, achievements, games. I can only have one main platform at a time. Same thing with consoles, even though they are technically all in one place: my living room. :tard: 

25 minutes ago, Ramza said:

It's not just the steam market, having strategy guides written by the community accessible while in game, or seeing the sheer amount of community reviews before buying a game, getting points from the community for your contributions, etc. Steam is a really well established platform with a great community and I'm loving it. I don't want to go back to 2006 level of PC gaming.

And yes, I want everything under one roof. Friends, achievements, games. I can only have one main platform at a time. Same thing with consoles, even though they are technically all in one place: my living room. :tard: 

Steam was barebones af when it first launched....of course its going to have more features considering that its 18 years old now.

And how many times do you actually make use of the community features? The forums and reviews are nice and will eventually come to EGS, but there is no reason that I would buy a game on steam just because that information is there. You can still view it while choosing to buy the game on EGS instead, if you can get a better deal there. Its all available to the public after all.

24 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Steam was barebones af when it first launched....of course its going to have more features considering that its 18 years old now.

And how many times do you actually make use of the community features? The forums and reviews are nice and will eventually come to EGS, but there is no reason that I would buy a game on steam just because that information is there. You can still view it while choosing to buy the game on EGS instead, if you can get a better deal there. Its all available to the public after all.

So you agree that EGS has a lot of catching up to do with Steam. Ok.

• Geese 1
41 minutes ago, Ramza said:

You're the dumbest poster in SW history. Sit down.

You would pay for a free game because of community features you wont use LMAO. Hardcore hermit all the sudden on your shitty laptop LOL

Fuck EGS guyz. Steam!!1

3 hours ago, JonbX said:

You would pay for a free game because of community features you wont use LMAO. Hardcore hermit all the sudden on your shitty laptop LOL

Fuck EGS guyz. Steam!!1

I have a bunch of free games on EGS already, and I never play them. Whatever, shit platform.

lmfao the egs defender sound like lemshites.. just wait.. in a few years it..it -it will be almost like steam :cries::cries: 

and yes, steam is way more advanced in every function and it DOES matter. lmfao twinblade :hest:  fucking noob

Edited by kazpunk
16 minutes ago, kazpunk said:

lmfao the egs defender sound like lemshites.. just wait.. in a few years it..it -it will be almost like steam :cries::cries: 

and yes, steam is way more advanced in every function and it DOES matter. lmfao twinblade :hest:  fucking noob

I've used steam for almost as long as its existed. 99.9% of my time has been spent PLAYING its games....you know...the whole reason why these storefronts exist in the first place :| Sorry I don't care about a bunch of bullshit myself and most people barely pay attention to.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I've used steam for almost as long as its existed. 99.9% of my time has been spent PLAYING its games....you know...the whole reason why these storefronts exist in the first place :| Sorry I don't care about a bunch of bullshit myself and most people barely pay attention to.

that's where you are wrong. you can't just ignore all the features and accessability steam offers. EGS has NOTHING. hell I hate this fucking shit for even opening an empty window with the stupid blue loading bar at the bottom after playing a game on it. AND I CAN'T CLOSE IT IMMEDIATELY.

I fucking hate this prog. it's barebones, doesn't work most of the time, doesn't save my fucking game files (like seriously? no cloud saves? I had to replay observer and soma because reinstalled my OS), fucks up game downloads, the interface is garbage. 

please, twinblade. I can go on, you are defending an early stage game store here and try to compare it to the long lasting tried and tested GOAT. :woo: