AC Valhalla $28 on Amazon

36 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I actually need to start buying physical games. Is this any good? I haven't played since the first one. 

I’m only 5 hours in but it’s pretty good. If you haven’t played AC since the first then this will definitely feel like a fresh experience.

Eh. Chances are Epic Game Store will give this game away two years from now, and Ubisoft will have a sale in which they will sell you the entire DLC for less than $10.

That's how I get my Ubisoft games through my Uplay app on PC.

Its just that I burned myself out playing like 80 hours of Watch Dogs1 that I need to recharge before playing another Ubisoft game.

Maybe while waiting for the Cyberpunk 1.2 patch, I should get back into catching up with AssCreed. Time for me to play Black Flag and its DLC thoroughly.

57 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Eh. Chances are Epic Game Store will give this game away two years from now, and Ubisoft will have a sale in which they will sell you the entire DLC for less than $10.

That's how I get my Ubisoft games through my Uplay app on PC.

Its just that I burned myself out playing like 80 hours of Watch Dogs1 that I need to recharge before playing another Ubisoft game.

Maybe while waiting for the Cyberpunk 1.2 patch, I should get back into catching up with AssCreed. Time for me to play Black Flag and its DLC thoroughly.

You're not wrong. My GF got the AC bundle for switch pretty cheap around christmas. 

I got tired of the puzzle rooms in immortals and stopped playing.  Shame because I really enjoyed the parts that weren't those .

I actually enjoyed the puzzles up to a point then they just became a time sink that wasn't any fun . Got to this one room with hundreds of blocks you had to rearrange and ain't nobody got time for that 

So who here has played the game? I’m trying to figure out the best HDR settings. I feel like  the default values make the game look washed out, and based on what I read online people don’t seem too thrilled with UBI’s implementation of it in general.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

So who here has played the game? I’m trying to figure out the best HDR settings. I feel like  the default values make the game look washed out, and based on what I read online people don’t seem too thrilled with UBI’s implementation of it in general.

Ubi’s HDR settings in immortals are terrible. I was hoping this would be better. It’s a bitch to calibrate. 

10 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Ubi’s HDR settings in immortals are terrible. I was hoping this would be better. It’s a bitch to calibrate. 

I actually just turned off HDR (had to go into my PS5's settings since theres no in-game toggle) and it looks soooooo much better :D I can't believe how bad this implementation of it is.

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I actually just turned off HDR (had to go into my PS5's settings since theres no in-game toggle) and it looks soooooo much better :D I can't believe how bad this implementation of it is.

Lmfao! I’ve considered doing that. 

So they definitely went with a 'less is more' type approach with this game and it works. After 9 hours I've only found little more than a handful of gear items which is actually refreshing considering how in the past few games it felt like I was opening the inventory every 5 minutes to check a new weapon or piece of armor. Valhalla is a more focused game that puts the setting and themes first along with some other interesting new systems (like building and upgrading your own settlement) instead of just feeling like another loot RPG which is a nice change of pace not expected from Ubisoft.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So they definitely went with a 'less is more' type approach with this game and it works. After 9 hours I've only found little more than a handful of gear items which is actually refreshing considering how in the past few games it felt like I was opening the inventory every 5 minutes to check a new weapon or piece of armor. Valhalla is a more focused game that puts the setting and themes first along with some other interesting new systems (like building and upgrading your own settlement) instead of just feeling like another loot RPG which is a nice change of pace not expected from Ubisoft.

this is great news!