BATTLEFIELD reveal: June 9th @ 7am PST/10am EST

• Twinblade★ changed the title to BATTLEFIELD reveal: June 9th @ 7am PST/10am EST

In the lead up to the reveal, ill be posting 1 video a day of my favorite trailers in the series (from a direction, editing, and content standpoint)

Starting with Bad Company 2 Vietnam. The base game and this expansion were really the turning point when it came to the series finally garnering appeal with the mainstream MP FPS audience

4 hours ago, Cell said:

Pretty sure this game won’t be on steam either Twinkie :takei:

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

whats that supposed to mean? Im not against other digital retailers, in fact i buy games on other platforms outside of steam when I can :ben: 

lol yea, that was the lamest ownage attempt i've seen in a while. Twinboi literally plays everything.  don't know what steam has to do with it. 

also BF6 will own, i'm excited to see the map sized if they want to up the player count. 

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

whats that supposed to mean? Im not against other digital retailers, in fact i buy games on other platforms outside of steam when I can :ben: 

Was in reference to BF actually being on origin and not steam (at first) and also the super seducer thread. No joke is any good if you have to explain it.

:idid:

• NPC 1

Day 2 pick: BF3's Caspian Border MP trailer. The game had gotten a lot of traction for the incredible fidelity of the SP campaign, but the fact that it managed to maintain a lot of that fidelity in the MP was a real surprise. I remember a lot of people not familiar with BF MP watching this trailer and being blown away by it

BF3 was the last good battlefield game. BF4 sucked because of its air to ground balancing issues, also rare hit detection bugs were never fixed even in the final build.

BF1 was ok, so was V but 3 shits on both of them. The only thing I want is a stamina bar (BF2) for infantry combat, the cod gameplay era in BF has to end!

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Remij said:

I've numbed myself to ever getting hyped about these games... but this is a few times now I've heard that this is a real next-gen game.

Its going to be interesting to see what they can pull off after losing several of their high profile frostbite architects (like Johan Andersson).

I think EA is throwing a ton of money at the game though, even more than usual. The june 9th reveal tweet was the most popular BF related tweet they've ever put out, even Andrew Wilson commented on it during an interview.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its going to be interesting to see what they can pull off after losing several of their high profile frostbite architects (like Johan Andersson).

I think EA is throwing a ton of money at the game though, even more than usual. The june 9th reveal tweet was the most popular BF related tweet they've ever put out, even Andrew Wilson commented on it during an interview.

Yea, losing Johan was the big blow to them for me personally.  But who knows?  Every time someone is replaced is the potential for someone with an entirely new perspective for the engine to improve it is there.  There's lots of hungry new people waiting for their chance to make a mark.

We'll have to see what happens.  Hopefully Frostbite has been improved and with the power of PC and new consoles, we can see some truly spectacular stuff.

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, losing Johan was the big blow to them for me personally.  But who knows?  Every time someone is replaced is the potential for someone with an entirely new perspective for the engine to improve it is there.  There's lots of hungry new people waiting for their chance to make a mark.

We'll have to see what happens.  Hopefully Frostbite has been improved and with the power of PC and new consoles, we can see some truly spectacular stuff.

I don't think the visual improvements will be that dramatic overall. I actually reinstalled BFV the other day and it still looks great, I don't see them being able to do that much better with BF6 especially if they are upping the player count to 128 like the rumors suggest.

I have to say the marketing campaign has been pretty neat so far. They stealthily added in the glitchy teasers to of all the recent games (4, 1, V) when you boot them up, and have even replaced the thumbnail/wallpaper artwork on consoles with glitched out versions

480cea1k0v371.jpg