The 3080Ti sold out instantly

somebody had estimated that best buy only had 70 locations that had video cards, and it averaged to around 50 video card per location.

So, best Buy pretty much only 4,000 video cards to sell, nationwide.

I am assuming that Newegg was given a similar allotment. This is FE's i'm talking about. I don't know if the third-party manufacturers would have more than nVIdia themselves.

I didn't even bother trying.  I'm good until the 40 series.

DLSS essentially gave all 20 series cards a new lease on life.  And DLSS was just added to Unity.  So that makes the two biggest engines out there fully supported.  At this point the only reason future games shouldn't support it is due to sponsorship from AMD.

There's also lots of other engines that already have support for it such as Decima, Frostbite, Luminous, 4A Engine (Metro) and others.

And yea, the PC market is completely fucked at this point.  Hopefully crypto shit goes to hell soon enough and then the market floods with tons of used cards again, bringing the prices down.

3 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Lol I'm glad I bought that 2060 when I did. Got it for 250 CAD now Newegg has them for 972 dollars lol

I know.. lmfao.  I could sell my 2080ti for over $2000 easily right now :tom: 

42 minutes ago, jehurey said:

somebody had estimated that best buy only had 70 locations that had video cards, and it averaged to around 50 video card per location.

So, best Buy pretty much only 4,000 video cards to sell, nationwide.

I am assuming that Newegg was given a similar allotment. This is FE's i'm talking about. I don't know if the third-party manufacturers would have more than nVIdia themselves.

Im gonna call my local BBs and see if they're getting any 3070s. If I have to wait in line an hour or 2 before they open then so be it, as long as it guarantees ill get a card.

I find it hard to believe the notion that Best Buy actually stocked all their stores with 3080 Tis. 

The way retailers operated the past 7 months selling out online instant.  I don't think any retailers had more than 100  at best, and that's one online store per country.   Best Buy were improving their distribution of drops by doing Availability to store, but not every store were stocked.    I find it hard to believe that has changed in a span of 1 week for the 3080 Ti launch.  

Edited by The Mother Fucker