July NPD - PS5#1 Revenue, Switch #1 Units. 10 of the top 20 games are Switch titles.

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Who's to say it hasn't?

Xbox doesn't include their digital numbers... so that right there limits their games from appearing on the list.

Xbox does include their digital numbers, where are you getting that they don't? 

The only game where Xbox digital numbers aren't included is MLB the show. 

Nintendo is the one who doesn't provide their digital numbers to NPD for all of thier titles and yet it still tops the charts every month.......

and before you say their digital won't make difference... Almost 50% of Nintendo's game sales come form digital... So if that were to be included they would have more than 10 games on the top 20.

Just now, Remij said:

What that tells me is that those games are still the best games on Switch to get.  3 of them are WiiU games, and you have a new version of Smash.

Not even Mario Odyssey is there... but Mario 3d World? LOL

I dunno man.. It's mostly the same Nintendo games that are selling month after month, year after year.  SOME 3rd parties find massive success, like Capcom... but a Monster Hunter game being a success on an handheld device that's extremely popular in Japan and the rest of the world isn't THAT amazing.

3d world was just released in January with a new game bundled (Bowser's Fury) so that's why it's currently on there. 

Odessy is still on the Switch NPD charts.. I overall though its almost at 30 million or some crazy number.  Lol

Some games sell great?  Nearly every major game released on Switch sells great maybe not as great as Nintendo's big hitters but Switch is selling tons of software.    

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Xbox does include their digital numbers, where are you getting that they don't? 

The only game where Xbox digital numbers aren't included is MLB the show. 

Nintendo is the one who doesn't provide their digital numbers to NPD for all of thier titles and yet it still tops the charts every month.......

and before you say their digital won't make difference... Almost 50% of Nintendo's game sales come form digital... So if that were to be included they would have more than 10 games on the top 20.

Yea I misread.. I thought it was referring to the chart in total.. but right under that it says so.

Still though, not surprising... Xbox doesn't have any games that can compete with Nintendo's bullshit anyway.  Like I said.. it's more pathetic that people are continually buying the same Nintendo games than anything else.

Just now, Goukosan said:

@Remij

See here, MS does share its digital sales with NPD.    Those Xbox games don't chart simply because it doesn't sell enough to make the top 20.

I already realized the mistake I made and noted above. lol

Yea, I know that.. MS hasn't had any real big hitters outside of the Forza, Gears, and Halo.. so it's not surprising.  And even then... those games wont compete with Nintendo's games that just don't stop selling.

Just now, Remij said:

I already realized the mistake I made and noted above. lol

Yea, I know that.. MS hasn't had any real big hitters outside of the Forza, Gears, and Halo.. so it's not surprising.  And even then... those games wont compete with Nintendo's games that just don't stop selling.

I posted the tweet before I myself saw that you responded... Lol

But to respond to your other post.  It's not the same people buying the Wiiu games. 

MK8 only sold 5 million or less on Wiiu... Its over 30 million on Switch. 

The Wiiu bombed because it was marketed terribly (the main stream thought it was a Wii accessory and not a seperate console) and regular gamers didn't care for the system because it was terrible. 

So for all those people, those Wiiu remasters or ports are new games because they never played it. 

9 hours ago, Remij said:

I left those games off because they were the only games not developed by Nintendo.  I'm specifically talking about Nintendo games.

And yes, they're still selling because they are bundled with Switch...  That's part of the problem... Nintendo is still offering the same shit games with their bundles.

And yes, it's pathetic that GTA5 is still charting too.  Absolutely.  New customers purchasing the console buying the game... but also a huge amount of those are GTA Online gamers who have repeatedly bought the game multiple times after getiting banned... equally as pathetic.

They can’t just make new accounts? No clue how GTA online works

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

They can’t just make new accounts? No clue how GTA online works

Yeah.  If you get permanently banned, the Steam account which is linked to the Rockstar Social Club account gets banned along with it, so once you're banned the only way to play again is to create a new Steam account and buy the game again, and then create a new Social Club account.

And that's what a TON of these GTA Online players have done over the years.  They make burner Steam and Social Club accounts, buy the game and cheat, then get banned, and then repeat the cycle endlessly, because they can't have fun in the game if they aren't cheating apparently.

• Sad 1
17 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yeah.  If you get permanently banned, the Steam account which is linked to the Rockstar Social Club account gets banned along with it, so once you're banned the only way to play again is to create a new Steam account and buy the game again, and then create a new Social Club account.

And that's what a TON of these GTA Online players have done over the years.  They make burner Steam and Social Club accounts, buy the game and cheat, then get banned, and then repeat the cycle endlessly, because they can't have fun in the game if they aren't cheating apparently.

Does that apply to console gamers as well? Because you know the bulk of GTA sales came from consoles. 

33 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Does that apply to console gamers as well? Because you know the bulk of GTA sales came from consoles. 

It must, though assuredly not to the same degree as the PC version.   I'm looking and GTA5 was still the top selling PS4 game on the PS store for the month of July lol...

It's currently the 12th highest seller on Steam right now globally.  It's always is fluctuating around the top 10.

And yes of course the vast majority of GTA5 sales have been on consoles, I'm not disputing that.  There was an entire generation where it was only on consoles, then the PC version came a year after the PS4/XO versions. It's just absolutely ridiculous that it's still selling better than many brand new games after all this time.. and their mass banning certainly has played a part.

The saddest thing of all, is that they're going to do it again with the PS5/Series "Expanded version"... :D 

1 hour ago, Remij said:

It must, though assuredly not to the same degree as the PC version.   I'm looking and GTA5 was still the top selling PS4 game on the PS store for the month of July lol...

It's currently the 12th highest seller on Steam right now globally.  It's always is fluctuating around the top 10.

And yes of course the vast majority of GTA5 sales have been on consoles, I'm not disputing that.  There was an entire generation where it was only on consoles, then the PC version came a year after the PS4/XO versions. It's just absolutely ridiculous that it's still selling better than many brand new games after all this time.. and their mass banning certainly has played a part.

The saddest thing of all, is that they're going to do it again with the PS5/Series "Expanded version"... :D 

Yea, my point was the console itself gets banned.  So the scenario on the PC of rebuying the game wouldn't be as prevalent on consoles. 

And yes, it will be the top seller on PS5 and Series X until GTA VI comes out and then that will sell for two gens as well. 

3 hours ago, Remij said:

That’s insane!! 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yea, my point was the console itself gets banned.  So the scenario on the PC of rebuying the game wouldn't be as prevalent on consoles. 

And yes, it will be the top seller on PS5 and Series X until GTA VI comes out and then that will sell for two gens as well. 

Not only that... but after a year or so, they'll bring these enhancements to the PC version again and resell it for a higher price... again. :tom: 

I'll probably buy it too :feelsbadman: