July NPD - PS5#1 Revenue, Switch #1 Units. 10 of the top 20 games are Switch titles.

The USA chart is halfway turning into the Japanese chart which was 100% Switch titles... Dat cliff:dame:

PlayStation 5 led the hardware market in dollar sales for the month of July, while Nintendo Switch once again led in unit sales.

Nintendo Switch is the best-selling video game hardware year-to-date in both unit and dollar sales. 

E8rBM5kUUAETfdn?format=jpg&name=large

18 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Damn, this thread is devoid of lemmings. What happened? They are all hiding or what?

Last month they claimed Xbox was making a comeback this month they are nowhere to be found  :sabu:

Lemmings :omglol:

• Haha 1

What a pathetic list of games all around.

Let's look at Nintendo's games though.. since the sheep are gloating about them:

Zelda Skyward Sword - 2021 Rerelease of a 2011 WiiU game
Mario Kart 8 - 2017 rerelease of a 2014 WiiU game
Mario Golf Super Rush - 2021 game
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 2018 game
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 2020 game
Super Mario 3D World - 2021 Rerelease of a 2013 WiiU game
Breath of the Wild - 2017 WiiU game
Pokemon Sword/Shield - 2019 Pokemon game

-3 games in 2021, and two of them are WiiU rereleases... one new game... and it's a Mario Golf game :pavarotti: 

-4 games on that list are actual Switch exclusive new games... the other 4 are rereleases and a port

The fact that games like Mario Kart 8 are still topping the charts... is embarrassing more than it is anything else. :scust: 

What an overrated platform but at the same time I understand it's undeniable popularity and mass market appeal. The hybrid format was very smart, I think Nintendo will stick to that forever now. 

27 minutes ago, lostfool said:

System wars is literally about sales and always has been.  

Nah, that shit lost all meaning at some point.

I mean, look at Nintendo's top games.... they're WiiU rereleases ffs.. :tom: 

I mean... Mario Kart 8 over 40million units sold :cosby2: 

:woo: 

Nah fuck that :facep: 

6 hours ago, Remij said:

What a pathetic list of games all around.

Let's look at Nintendo's games though.. since the sheep are gloating about them:

Zelda Skyward Sword - 2021 Rerelease of a 2011 WiiU game
Mario Kart 8 - 2017 rerelease of a 2014 WiiU game
Mario Golf Super Rush - 2021 game
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 2018 game
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 2020 game
Super Mario 3D World - 2021 Rerelease of a 2013 WiiU game
Breath of the Wild - 2017 WiiU game
Pokemon Sword/Shield - 2019 Pokemon game

-3 games in 2021, and two of them are WiiU rereleases... one new game... and it's a Mario Golf game :pavarotti: 

-4 games on that list are actual Switch exclusive new games... the other 4 are rereleases and a port

The fact that games like Mario Kart 8 are still topping the charts... is embarrassing more than it is anything else. :scust: 

You left off Monster Hunter Stories 2 and TWETY.    You know the majority of retail sales for that was on Switch. 

Those older games are still charting because new customers are buying those games when they get a Switch. 

Existing switch owners aren't purchasing those games since they already bought them on Switch when those games launched. 

Were you disgusted when GTAV was on the charts for a billion years aka two full gens? 

That was a game that new customers were purchasing with PlayStations and Xboxs'.... Same thing applies here. 

Edited by Goukosan
4 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

GamePass, retard...

Autists up in here

Phil's whole thing with GP is its also supposed to increase retail sales.... Or did you forget?

We told you that day 1 releases in GP would impact retail sales... You denied it up and down... Now look at you using it as an excuse :umad:

• Haha 1
Just now, Goukosan said:

You left off Monster Hunter Stories 2 and TWETY.    You know the majority of retail sales for that was on Switch. 

Those older games are still charting because new customers are buying those games when they get a Switch. 

Existing switch owners aren't purchasing those games since they already bought them on Switch when those games launched. 

We you disgusted when GTAV was on the charts for a billion years aka two full gens? 

That was a game that new customers were purchasing with PlayStations and Xboxs'. 

I left those games off because they were the only games not developed by Nintendo.  I'm specifically talking about Nintendo games.

And yes, they're still selling because they are bundled with Switch...  That's part of the problem... Nintendo is still offering the same shit games with their bundles.

And yes, it's pathetic that GTA5 is still charting too.  Absolutely.  New customers purchasing the console buying the game... but also a huge amount of those are GTA Online gamers who have repeatedly bought the game multiple times after getiting banned... equally as pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Phil's whole thing with GP is its also supposed to increase retail sales.... Or did you forget?

We told you that day 1 releases in GP would impact retail sales... You denied it up and down... Now look at you using it as an excuse :umad:

Who's to say it hasn't?

Xbox doesn't include their digital numbers... so that right there limits their games from appearing on the list.

3 hours ago, Ike said:
  • Content and services revenue was down 4%, or $128 million.

• :kaz: 

I'm starting to think that sometime when they announced 18 million GamePass subs earlier in the year, there must have been a slow-down in  growth.

Just now, Remij said:

I left those games off because they were the only games not developed by Nintendo.  I'm specifically talking about Nintendo games.

And yes, they're still selling because they are bundled with Switch...  That's part of the problem... Nintendo is still offering the same shit games with their bundles.

And yes, it's pathetic that GTA5 is still charting too.  Absolutely.  New customers purchasing the console buying the game... but also a huge amount of those are GTA Online gamers who have repeatedly bought the game multiple times after getiting banned... equally as pathetic.

Few things, 

Those evergreen games are selling independently of bundles.  New customers tend to purchase (I said get earlier but I meant the customer is getting it as in they're purchasing it) either BOTW, MK8, Mario and Smash with the system. 

New games on Switch (both first and 3rd party) chart every month. 

Indies also sell a boatload on Switch. 

So it's not like those are the only games that are selling.  Those are just the ever green system sellers. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Few things, 

Those evergreen games are selling independently of bundles.  New customers tend to purchase (I said get earlier but I meant the customer is getting it as in they're purchasing it) either BOTW, MK8, Mario and Smash with the system. 

New games on Switch (both first and 3rd party) chart every month. 

Indies also sell a boatload on Switch. 

So it's not like those are the only games that are selling.  Those are just the ever green system sellers. 

What that tells me is that those games are still the best games on Switch to get.  3 of them are WiiU games, and you have a new version of Smash.

Not even Mario Odyssey is there... but Mario 3d World? LOL

I dunno man.. It's mostly the same Nintendo games that are selling month after month, year after year.  SOME 3rd parties find massive success, like Capcom... but a Monster Hunter game being a success on an handheld device that's extremely popular in Japan and the rest of the world isn't THAT amazing.