Thinking about trying Tinder Gold for one month.

Normally I wouldn't pay for anything but today it's 50% off and so I am thinking about getting it.

I am not sure though, mostly because sounds like a scam bloated with fake profiles.

To be honest, the only thing I would be interested about this feature is too see who is liking you.

Hmm it depends. How many profiles are interested in you? 

If it’s 100+, then why not? It’ll save you a shit load of time. 

I used to pay for it when I would travel more, since I would want someone lined up upon arrival. 

Didn't you have a fiancée? Anyway I haven't payed for it but you should try just deleting your account and re-creating it. The last time I did that I got loads more likes and matches. The algorithm seems to be designed to limit those the longer you have an account for.

10 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Hmm it depends. How many profiles are interested in you? 

If it’s 100+, then why not? It’ll save you a shit load of time. 

I used to pay for it when I would travel more, since I would want someone lined up upon arrival. 

I've had it for about 3 days and I have 26 profiles liking me.

EDIT: Also about that travelling thingy. Yes, I was thinking about using it to set-up some future fwbs in my homecountry when I decide to go back to visit.

Edited by MalaXmaS
9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Didn't you have a fiancée? Anyway I haven't payed for it but you should try just deleting your account and re-creating it. The last time I did that I got loads more likes and matches. The algorithm seems to be designed to limit those the longer you have an account for.

We already broke up so I am single.

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

I've had it for about 3 days and I have 26 profiles liking me.

EDIT: Also about that travelling thingy. Yes, I was thinking about using it to set-up some future fwbs in my homecountry when I decide to go back to visit.

Go for it then! And yeah, I would make a new account. The algorithm favors newer profiles. 

18 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Don't know what you're looking for but I'd skip if you were looking for something serious, it's like the bargain bin of dating with only old sports titles to choose from

I think he just wants hookups. And he can just slide the age down a bit to improve the pickings :smoke: 

Just now, Twinblade said:

the few dates i've been on lately have actually all been from CMB, thats another app worth trying

one of my exes uses that app (i met her through a friend, though). she's a great chick, but the timing sucked. so yeah, i can see that app working well if you are looking for something more serious. 

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

one of my exes uses that app (i met her through a friend, though). she's a great chick, but the timing sucked. so yeah, i can see that app working well if you are looking for something more serious. 

It’s interesting because the timer encourages you and your match to set up a date quickly so you don’t have to spend time talking to girls just for them to flake. The bad aspect of that is If you linger for too long the conversation expires and then you have to pay to extend it. I was having a good conversion with a girl but she was busy and then without either of us realizing it the convo just expired. I almost caved and payed to get it back.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It’s interesting because the timer encourages you and your match to set up a date quickly so you don’t have to spend time talking to girls just for them to flake. The bad aspect of that is If you linger for too long the conversation expires and then you have to pay to extend it. I was having a good conversion with a girl but she was busy and then without either of us realizing it the convo just expired. I almost caved and payed to get it back.

It sounds like a cool concept. But that’s too much work for me. I’ve gotten lucky lately. I’ve just met people out or randomly through friends/acquaintances. 

13 hours ago, bhytre said:

Don't know what you're looking for but I'd skip if you were looking for something serious, it's like the bargain bin of dating with only old sports titles to choose from

I am not looking for anything serious.

I passed on the deal because I forgot about it. 

I'll make a new profile and see if I get more hits.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I wouldn't spend too much time chatting in the app though. I often throw a few lines and ask for the phone number right away. If I don't get it, I stop talking to them.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

I wouldn't spend too much time chatting in the app though. I often throw a few lines and ask for the phone number right away. If I don't get it, I stop talking to them.

Yeah, if they are interested in a hookup, that’s all you need to do.