Looks like Facebook is down. EDIT: Facebook has been hacked. 1.5 billion user's data stolen.

Also Instagram and Whatsapp since they are also part of them.

Sucks when they start to monopolize technology.

One thing goes down, and everything falls like dominoes.

EDIT: More than down, Facebook seems to have been hacked and data from 1.5 users has been leaked.

Personal Information of More Than 1.5 Billion Facebook Users Sold on Hacker Forum

Miklos Zoltan

Updated: 4 October 2021

The private and personal information of over 1.5 billion Facebook users is being sold on a popular hacking-related forum, potentially enabling cybercriminals and unscrupulous advertisers to target Internet users globally.

This constitutes the biggest and most significant Facebook data dump to date.

It is seemingly unrelated to an earlier 2021 Facebook data dump, where 500 million users were affected.

Edited by MalaXmaS
  • MalaXmaS changed the title to Looks like Facebook is down. EDIT: Facebook has been hacked. 1.5 billion user's data stolen.

This is our future, all of our data will be stolen at some point. That's why I avoid doing business or putting sensitive personal data online as much as I can. I have Paypal but I use pre-paid cards most of the time. 

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

This is our future, all of our data will be stolen at some point. That's why I avoid doing business or putting sensitive personal data online as much as I can. I have Paypal but I use pre-paid cards most of the time. 

Yup. I never use my personal info and I use my burner phone number. 

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I’m glad I got rid of fb. I only have a Twitter account now and even then I have almost no actual personal information on it.

It’s all garbage. A bunch of facades posts  and “look at me” pics. I have IG/FB to post pics of my nieces for the family. I couldn’t care less about updating my stories n shit lol

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

Also Instagram and Whatsapp since they are also part of them.

Sucks when they start to monopolize technology.

One thing goes down, and everything falls like dominoes.

EDIT: More than down, Facebook seems to have been hacked and data from 1.5 users has been leaked.

Personal Information of More Than 1.5 Billion Facebook Users Sold on Hacker Forum

Miklos Zoltan

Updated: 4 October 2021

The private and personal information of over 1.5 billion Facebook users is being sold on a popular hacking-related forum, potentially enabling cybercriminals and unscrupulous advertisers to target Internet users globally.

This constitutes the biggest and most significant Facebook data dump to date.

It is seemingly unrelated to an earlier 2021 Facebook data dump, where 500 million users were affected.

Mala that was about something that allegedly occurred Sept 22nd.

• Upvote 1