RE movie's homage to the Jill Sandwich

I doubt anyone can take this movie serious, and I'm not entirely sure if it is the intention of the movie. In the end it's just another RE movie. :shrug: 

Edited by kaz
4 minutes ago, kaz said:

I doubt anyone can take this movie serious, and I'm not entirely sure if it is the intention of the movie. In the end it's just another RE movie. :shrug: 

They've been really trying to push this one as being faithful to the games and made to appeal to that audience. What im seeing is the exact opposite though, everything from the casting to the characters' personalities is just blatantly wrong.

• Upvote 1

yep i feel so bad for Sasha Zotova, the RE3 remake girl. she has so much of her heart into the role and loves the character so much. she IS jill as far as i'm concerned. Russian or not, dub over her if her english isn't good enough, or get her English lessons. Her English seems good enough judging by her TY videos and streams. Even if she's rocking a Russian accent who cares at this point? is that going to break the immersion? LOL What's less authentic than the current jill? :rofls:

this was her moment, and her character, and it was stolen from her.

Awful film, director, and cast.

Edited by B C
57 minutes ago, B C said:

yep i feel so bad for Sasha Zotova, the RE3 remake girl. she has so much of her heart into the role and loves the character so much. she IS jill as far as i'm concerned. Russian or not, dub over her if her english isn't good enough, or get her English lessons. Her English seems good enough judging by her TY videos and streams. Even if she's rocking a Russian accent who cares at this point? is that going to break the immersion? LOL What's less authentic than the current jill? :rofls:

this was her moment, and her character, and it was stolen from her.

Awful film, director, and cast.

I think the RE Apocalypse chick is a better representation of the character. I think she could pull off any version of Jill, like if she dyed her hair blonde and put it in a pony tail she would look almost exactly like RE5 Jill.

The movie just looks awful, like some schmuck hipster had a list of RE moments he read off the internet and pieced a shitty scrip together. 

'Ha... Jill Sandwhich?! I'll make her eat a sandwhich in [scene X]

Itchy tasty? I'll write that on a window

none of this makes sense. it's all haphazardly thrown together. all it shows me is the director knows nothing about the games.

I’m hoping It’s so bad, it’s good. RE has always been cringy, on a cinematic level. This actually feels like a 90’s b film, and it may work to its advantage. Clearly, it doesn’t take itself seriously. Or…it may end up being total shit lol. 

• Upvote 1