SMT5 .uproject shows Switch, PS4 and PC

13 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Watched the GB quicklook. After 30 hours the dude basically confirmed that he wasn't as invested in the story as he was in 4, which is disappointing for me because I liked 4's story and pacing. Also, they reiterate several times about just how hard the game is. You can be doing well and then you'll get into an encounter where the demons just completely wipe you out. That doesn't sound like the type of experience I want to deal with right now so I think im gonna pass until its on sale.

It has four difficulty settings and you can change the difficulty at will except on hard mode. 

I want to play through Dread one more time but after that I think I'll get this.

4 hours ago, Ramza said:

That's every SMT game. Regular demons can do anything the player can do, that means they also gain player's advantage (more turns) if they strike your elemental weakness. The playing field is the same for everyone, which means you can win most encounters really fast but the opposite is also true.

You probably played SMTIV on easy or something.

Im not sure, but SMTIV was definitely more approachable and accessible for people who aren't big into that series, and it seems like they've undone that for 5. Thats fine for fans of OG SMT but as someone who's mainly a Persona player it definitely has less appeal to me as a result.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im not sure, but SMTIV was definitely more approachable and accessible for people who aren't big into that series, and it seems like they've undone that for 5. Thats fine for fans of OG SMT but as someone who's mainly a Persona player it definitely has less appeal to me as a result.

You played on easy, confirmed. The was nothing approachable in SMTIV. 

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

You played on easy, confirmed. The was nothing approachable in SMTIV. 

He played one game in the series on easy mode and all of a sudden he is a series expert on what the game should be like and what it shouldn't be :drake:

• Haha 1

Game is pretty damn awesome not gonna lie. I’m somewhat disappointed how safe the combat is, but in terms of dungeons/exploration and qol fixes to the SMT/Persona formula, it’s by far the best it’s ever been. 

Im about 10 hours in so far and in terms of story it’s what I expected and wanted. 80/20 in favor of gameplay with a story that’s intriguing but it’s definitely secondary focus to the actual exploration and gameplay.

• Upvote 2