Revisiting Halo 2’s first unreleased build…

2 hours ago, ghostz said:

I remember this. Wow does it look bad now. Lol it wasn’t even in the game :tom:

lol ya. Back then it was low poly but normal mapping everywhere. Was amazing at the time because we've never seen effects like that before. 

I remember playing doom 3, and I looked at a wall that had a paneles that extruded out in sort of a bevel. Looking at it directly, it looked fully modeled, but look from the side, it was flat.  I wonder how well current gen games will age.

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

More lies and bullshit from Microsoft. Creating fake demos of parts that will never be in the game :den:

Better than the Killzone 2 demo that was prerendered. They coined the term "Target Render".

Halo2 was actual gameplay from an engine they built but had to scrap because it was far ahead of it's time for the original XBox to handle.

1 hour ago, Chicano3000X said:

Better than the Killzone 2 demo that was prerendered. They coined the term "Target Render".

Halo2 was actual gameplay from an engine they built but had to scrap because it was far ahead of it's time for the original XBox to handle.

" target render" is still different to creating a fake demo and telling people this is the game they will be playing on release. One is a bs trailer, the other is straight up falsifying gameplay and creating something they knew lemshits would never play.

Too far ahead of its time :tom: Give me a fucking break. I remember the excusd, they worked so hard on the game and it was running great and then one day they decide to run it on real xbox hardware and oops it can't handle it.

What are they fucking amateurs? Were they brand new devs working on their first game? I've never seen any other developer fuck up this bad let alone a major first party. No this was straight up bullshit.  Another lie from a company known for nothing but lies.

22 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

" target render" is still different to creating a fake demo and telling people this is the game they will be playing on release. One is a bs trailer, the other is straight up falsifying gameplay and creating something they knew lemshits would never play.

Too far ahead of its time :tom: Give me a fucking break. I remember the excusd, they worked so hard on the game and it was running great and then one day they decide to run it on real xbox hardware and oops it can't handle it.

What are they fucking amateurs? Were they brand new devs working on their first game? I've never seen any other developer fuck up this bad let alone a major first party. No this was straight up bullshit.  Another lie from a company known for nothing but lies.

It happens. Often times you don't know how an engine will do til' you actually play it with bells and whistles turned on.

According to the devs, they had to pretty much script the way they played the game in order for it to perform without any issues. So they pretty much had the rehearse how they'll go through the game. Makes it more interesting than just a prerender. That's why alot of games can have frame issues when dealing with new engines.

Just now, Twinblade said:

I can't believe they haven't added dual wielding back in. It was fun and fit within Halo's universe, instead they decided to add a shit open world literally nobody asked for.

halo made me appreciate the effort ubisoft puts into the farcry games.

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

halo made me appreciate the effort ubisoft puts into the farcry games.

Yeah I definitely need to take back the Halo Valhalla comment I made the other day :D You could go up to a single high point in AC Valhalla, look over that chunk of landscape, and there will be more detail and visual variety in that one scene than in the entirety of Infinite's open world. It seriously feels like an early open world game from at least 10-15 years ago.

• Haha 1