DF’s technical review of the Definitive version of God of War

43 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL, having less pixels is now a "preference":drake:

I've played on my 4k 16:9 for long periods of time.  I've played on my 3440x1440 21:9 for long periods of time. Yes, I vastly prefer the significant FPS gains and longer aspect ratio. By a rather large margin. I notice the fps and aspect ratio more than I notice the resolution bump.  If you want to say this is the reason it's not best on PC vs PS5 (which would be fucking stupid, because you're now comparing displays and not platforms), I'll just hook it up to my 4K for 1 minute and then I can say it is best on PC again. Easy Peasy 😎

But that's all irrelevant when talking about the fact God of War is best on PC. Including systems with a 3080. 

Edited by Substatic
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.....is still 1440, which is what I was making fun of.   Yes, I'm perfectly aware.   So while I was talking about my better PC with my better GPU............you somehow thought tha

So the only way to play God of War better on my PS5...............is on my top of the line PC that almost nobody else has.  

Damn, another epic thread backfire from @ghostz    How many Ls can one man take?

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Substatic said:

I've played on my 4k 16:9 for long periods of time.  I've played on my 3440x1440 21:9 for long periods of time. Yes, I vastly prefer the significant FPS gains and longer aspect ratio.

And lesser pixels/resolution.

Do you know how badly you're dismantling your ENTIRE belief system, here?

Lesser IS lesser.

Do you understand that, or do you not?

By your logic, console fanboys playing games at lower resolutions can now claim what YOU JUST CLAIMED.

"Oh...........its my preference":drake:

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

And lesser pixels/resolution.

Which I honestly don't notice at my viewing distance. I very much notice the immersive aspect ratio and significant (50-100%) FPS gains.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

By your logic, console fanboys playing games at lower resolutions can now claim what YOU JUST CLAIMED.

1080p (which those console games run at mostly) vs 4k is noticeable, 3440x1440 vs 4K less so. Those systems won't be running at the same high fps I'm talking about even at lower resolutions. They won't be using the same ultra settings. They also do not support Ultrawide, neither PS5 or XBX can do that resolution.

But we're still debating Displays, not Systems. I can literally just plug in my 4K, play God of War for 30 seconds, and then you won't have anything to even say ITT.

God of War is objectively best on PC.

Edited by Substatic
5 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Which I honestly don't notice at my viewing distance.

You are destroying your entire belief system. Holy shit.:lawl:You've just helped the console fanboys to pretty much never listen or pay attention to anything you have to say from this point forward.

1080p vs 4k is noticeable.

Its not 1080p on the PS4pro, or the PS5.

You just destroyed your entire "Best on PC" argument

But we're still debating Displays, not Systems.

No...................we WEREN'T

It was about PC specs, alone.

And you tried to escape out of that by trying to switch over to trying to talk about your display.

Its not even YOUR display..............you talking about an imaginary display you're going to have in the future.

You're literally doing this routine right now:

:drake:

Edited by jehurey
4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

It was about PC specs, alone.

Then you agree it's best on PC. Including a rtx 3080.......

Its not even YOUR display..............you talking about an imaginary display you're going to have in the future.

I have a 3440x1440 and 4K display.

Edited by Substatic
1 minute ago, Substatic said:

Then you agree it's best on PC. Including a rtx 3080.......

No............go back and read my first post again.

its best on MY PC.

Do you honestly think pretending to play stupid is going to work for you?

2 minutes ago, Substatic said:

I have a 3440x1440 and 4K display.

And you already said you're playing in 1440p.

LOL.

You've already established that a LOWER resolution is acceptable as long as your say "its your preference."

You just opened the door to the console fanboys to undermine your arguments from now on.

Think about that, and how that's 100% your doing. LOL

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No............go back and read my first post again.

its best on MY PC.

This is so fucking confusing.

So the PC version is not better than the PS5 version?  It's not best on the PC platform? Because this is literally my main claim ITT.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

And you already said you're playing in 1440p.

Yeah, I prefer the 50-100% fps gains and ultrawide immersion. But I can play it on my 4K display too!  

Edited by Substatic
Just now, Substatic said:

This is so fucking confusing.

Do you understand what the word "MY" means?

If you don't..............maybe you shouldn't be on this forum, and should instead be googling on finding a 1st grade level English book online, or maybe at your local library.

So......I'll repeat the question again:

Do you think pretending to play stupid is going to end up working for you, here?

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Do you think pretending to play stupid is going to end up working for you, here?

Which platform is God of War better on,

A). PS5

B.) PC  (High end, with 3080, 3090, 6900xt, etc.)

You're going in circles trying to avoid the above ever since my first post ITT.  The most simple form of this answer was in my original response. I expect you to answer this post with either A or B. If not, you're just spinning and deflecting.

:aitch:

2 minutes ago, Substatic said:

My PC, apparently.

And according to you, either PS5 and PC since resolution doesn't really matter to you, and therefore are basically saying that its rendering specs are completely subjective to the user.

And you have nobody to blame for that new logic...........because you just established it. :reg:

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

My PC, apparently.

And according to you, either PS5 and PC since resolution doesn't really matter to you, and therefore are basically saying that its rendering specs are completely subjective to the user.

And you have nobody to blame for that new logic...........because you just established it. :reg:

I expect you to answer this post with either A or B. If not, you're just spinning and deflecting.

:omglol:

So I'll ask again,

A). PS5

B.) PC  (High end, with 3080, 3090, 6900xt, etc.)

So I'll ask again,

No, you're not in any position to ask anything, since you're the one avoiding the talking point I originally established.

And you effective have screwed your "Best on PC" narrative permenantly.

because you just declared that ANY rendering setting for a video game can be based on "preference" and some of them "are not noticeable" depending on the user.

You just made that part become completely subjective.

And you did that all by yourself. Voluntarily.

21 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, you're not in any position to ask anything, since you're the one avoiding the talking point I originally established.

A). PS5

B.) PC  (High end, with 3080, 3090, 6900xt, etc.)

Lets get the main objective topic out of the way. Then we can discuss subjective things.

I need to know what platform GoW is best on, as the TC (GHOSTZ) gave a link telling you what platform it was.

9 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Lets get the main objective topic out of the way.

The main objective is that its, apparently, best on MY PC.

And you effective have screwed your "Best on PC" narrative permenantly.

because you just declared that ANY rendering setting for a video game can be based on "preference" and some of them "are not noticeable" depending on the user.

There's really nothing you can do that is going to get you out of this.

Its even worse now that you've permanently messed up your "Best on PC" narrative.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The main objective is that its, apparently, best on MY PC.

I don't get why you can't just say God of War is best on PC as objectively shown in the opening post of this thread. Stating facts shouldn't be this difficult.

I'll make it more simple for you,

Does PS5 run God of War better than a RTX 3080 TUF OC?

Its even worse now that you've permanently messed up your "Best on PC" narrative.

To make this a thing, you would have to remove the two 4K displays from my house, and/or give UW to PS5/XB1X (They can't do is btw).

Edited by Substatic

I don't get why you can't just say God of War is best on PC

I already explained why in my first post.

So, go ahead and acknowledge that, or else you're not really going anywhere.

And you effective have screwed your "Best on PC" narrative permanently.

And you've basically messed up your "Best on PC" narrative by basically declaring that any visual setting is completely subjective to the user.

So you've pretty much ended your own narrative, here.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

I already explained why in my first post.

So, go ahead and acknowledge that, or else you're not really going anywhere.

Okay,

So the only way to play God of War better on my PS5...............is on my top of the line PC that almost nobody else has.

So is a 3080 OC not top of the line and capable of playing God of War better than PS5? I mean I showed you a video of one on 4K Ultra (which looks better than PS5) running at 72-99 FPS, so this should be easy to answer.

And you've basically messed up your "Best on PC" narrative by basically declaring that any visual setting is completely subjective to the user.

Depends on the trade offs and capabilities. The new consoles can't even do 3440x1440, they don't support that (sucks to suck). And they don't have the same ultra settings for many games. They also can't get 100-200 fps at that resolution even if they could do it. 

None of this matters though, I CURRENTLY have both multiple 4K and UW display in my house.......

6 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Okay,

So is a 3080 OC

Considering that you never brought it up until just recently..........and you seem to avoid playing it at the full 8 million pixels of a true 4K screen, and playing it on a lesser 5 million pixel 1440p widescreen.

You're probably lying about your GPU, and you are playing the game at 1440p because that's the only way  your video card can handle the game at the framerate that you showed.

6 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Depends on the trade offs and capabilities

No...............because of YOUR and YOUR EXCUSE............you made it completely subjective to the user, and the user's eyeballs.

• Texture quality
  • Graphical effects
  • Aliasing
  • Different between 60fps and 90fps.

YOU..................just basically the door for ANYBODY to say "well, according to my eyeballs, I don't really see a difference, so therefore that can't be listed as a negative."

You just opened the door to that, the moment you gave your excuse for the lower resolution.

Like I said...............you have absolutely fucked your "Best on PC" narrative. And you have nobody else to blame.

Don't say I clearly.............CLEARLY didn't warn you about what you were doing as you were typing that.

Edited by jehurey