EA is “very disappointed” with BF2042’s performance, possibly moving to Free to Play

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go play BC2 in portal and come tell me with a straight face that the gunplay is better. The bullet spread and deviation is out of control and anyone who prefers that is crazy. BF3 and BF1 are ok but s

Whatever Sony offers, Microsoft can offer double. 

Yeah he should just walk away from a series that had its best selling and one of its highest rated entries just a handful of years ago. Makes sense     They already have a winning formula, t

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

Somebody who always hypes DICE games, and never shuts up about their graphics......every.single.time. they reveal the game at E3.............is equally toxic, I'd say.

Nah, twinb is just one of those guys who enjoys the game for what they are, like most normal people who do actually play them. YOU ARE TOXIC JERRY FFS

2 hours ago, kaz said:

Nah, twinb is just one of those guys who enjoys the game for what they are, like most normal people who do actually play them. YOU ARE TOXIC JERRY FFS

Nah, he's just a dumbass DICE fanboy who doesn't shut the hell up, even after DICE flops after every single release.

Remember the microtransaction scandal?  Of course you don't, because that's probably only the 3rd or 4th worst DICE-related failure from within the past decade.

Yet he still continues to not shut up about them, after they've failed so badly.

16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Nah, he's just a dumbass DICE fanboy who doesn't shut the hell up, even after DICE flops after every single release.

Remember the microtransaction scandal?  Of course you don't, because that's probably only the 3rd or 4th worst DICE-related failure from within the past decade.

Yet he still continues to not shut up about them, after they've failed so badly.

I really don't remember any microtransaction "scandal"? lol. If you mean paying for unlocking shit, that has nothing to do with BF, does it? 

Twinb and I are probably the only ones on this forum to put more than the avg time on each BF to understand their differences and thus pros and cons of each game. I'm still not sure why you are so upset about this franchise. 

1 hour ago, kaz said:

I really don't remember any microtransaction "scandal"? lol. If you mean paying for unlocking shit, that has nothing to do with BF, does it? 

Twinb and I are probably the only ones on this forum to put more than the avg time on each BF to understand their differences and thus pros and cons of each game. I'm still not sure why you are so upset about this franchise. 

LOL he's actually downplaying the microtransaction scandal.

I like how he keeps on saying that him putting alot of hours into Battlefield somehow shields it from criticism.

More like it means you aren't to be taken seriously regarding this matter.

After Star Wars Battlefront 2 backlash, DICE reveals Battlefield 5's cosmetics-only microtransactions

Hopefully this time it won't tank. 

News by Emma Kent, Contributor

Updated on 30 October 2018

We've been waiting a little while for an explanation of how Tides of War - Battlefield 5's new live services system to replace the premium pass - will actually work. The developer has been pretty cagey on the subject, which is unsurprising in the wake of the backlash over Star Wars Battlefront 2's loot boxes - a mistake DICE said it "can't afford to make" in future.

Now, DICE has finally peeled back the curtain on Tides of War's monetisation and progression systems. As promised, the emphasis seems to very much be on cosmetic microtransactions, and avoiding accusations of "pay-to-win" game mechanics.

In terms of the game's economy, Battlefield 5 will have two types of currency: "Company Coin" (which can be earned through daily missions, special assignments and Career Rank progression), and a purchasable currency called "Battlefield Currency". The latter may only be spent on cosmetics, while Company Coin can be used to buy skill tree upgrades and new gear. If that all sounds like a confusing mess, the infographic provided by DICE helps explain it all.

You guys have been defending DICE flopping and failing for SO LONG.......you're up to your gills in defending their constant failures...........you've literally forgotten some of this shit, haven't you?

So.........one of the biggest failures of Halo Infinite that received ALOT of criticism, DICE already committed back in 2017.

And then committed it again with Battlefield 5 a year later. LOL

"Hopefully this time it won't tank." :drake:

The only thing sadder is if you guys respond by saying "OH......THAT! That's wasn't that bad!!!":lemming:

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

After Star Wars Battlefront 2 backlash, DICE reveals Battlefield 5's cosmetics-only microtransactions

Hopefully this time it won't tank. 

News by Emma Kent, Contributor

Updated on 30 October 2018

We've been waiting a little while for an explanation of how Tides of War - Battlefield 5's new live services system to replace the premium pass - will actually work. The developer has been pretty cagey on the subject, which is unsurprising in the wake of the backlash over Star Wars Battlefront 2's loot boxes - a mistake DICE said it "can't afford to make" in future.

Now, DICE has finally peeled back the curtain on Tides of War's monetisation and progression systems. As promised, the emphasis seems to very much be on cosmetic microtransactions, and avoiding accusations of "pay-to-win" game mechanics.

In terms of the game's economy, Battlefield 5 will have two types of currency: "Company Coin" (which can be earned through daily missions, special assignments and Career Rank progression), and a purchasable currency called "Battlefield Currency". The latter may only be spent on cosmetics, while Company Coin can be used to buy skill tree upgrades and new gear. If that all sounds like a confusing mess, the infographic provided by DICE helps explain it all.

You guys have been defending DICE flopping and failing for SO LONG.......you're up to your gills in defending their constant failures...........you've literally forgotten some of this shit, haven't you?

So.........one of the biggest failures of Halo Infinite that received ALOT of criticism, DICE already committed back in 2017.

And then committed it again with Battlefield 5 a year later. LOL

"Hopefully this time it won't tank." :drake:

The only thing sadder is if you guys respond by saying "OH......THAT! That's wasn't that bad!!!":lemming:

Battlefront's 2 loot boxes were universally panned for good reason. You could get valuable gameplay affecting items by just paying money and buying more of them.

Battlefield V is nothing like that. All the microtransactions were for cosmetic items. Nobody complained about that because its the type of business model that literally every shooter has nowadays.

Its pretty baffling that you keep on arguing with us about games you know nothing about it.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Battlefront's 2 loot boxes were universally panned for good reason. You could get valuable gameplay affecting items by just paying money and buying more of them.

Battlefield V is nothing like that. All the microtransactions were for cosmetic items. Nobody complained about that because its the type of business model that literally every shooter has nowadays.

Its pretty baffling that you keep on arguing with us about games you know nothing about it.

I like how you specifically posed a challenge for me, claiming that no such thing existed.

I then proceed to answer that challenge, and provide the receipts.

And then you just keep on talking, pretending as if you already knew about it, and try to continue downplaying it.

Like as if talking about the SECOND microtransaction overhaul is somehow going to debunk my point about the FIRST microtransaction scandal.

Do you honestly think this "just proceed to talk over it" strategy is working for you?

@jehurey  I never heard of that "scandal" (LOL, I remember the battlefront one, but BF was never like it? wtf you on about).

And I'm not sure how this is an issue at all, nobody cares about microtransaction in BF lol. Maybe some casual shits buy shortcuts which is dumb enough and in V it's only cosmetic? That's actually good lol. 

Also V removed the premium service as well, making every map available who bought the game, unlike in older titles were you had to buy every expansion to paly the maps. Arguing over BF is pointless though, it's a simple fun shooter you play for a few rounds to kill time, either you like it or not. 

Edited by kaz
18 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I like how you specifically posed a challenge for me, claiming that no such thing existed.

I then proceed to answer that challenge, and provide the receipts.

And then you just keep on talking, pretending as if you already knew about it, and try to continue downplaying it.

Like as if talking about the SECOND microtransaction overhaul is somehow going to debunk my point about the FIRST microtransaction scandal.

Do you honestly think this "just proceed to talk over it" strategy is working for you?

bruh there is no  Battlefield mtx scandal, you slaugthered that backlash for BATTLEFRONT to make it look like BATTLEFIELD is affected. 

you are dumb as fuck, you even posted the proof yourself. even made it bigger and bold. 

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

??? just look how stupid you are and now you say this is a "scandal" about BF. wtf :snoop: 

before you could buy shortcuts for BF to level up faster, instead of progressing by playing. I think only cosmetic-mtx is waaay better, just like Dota 2 or Path of Exile is financed for example. 

no wonder twinb and me both didn't know of that "scandal" because it never existed. jesus, jerry, get a brain for once. 

Edited by kaz
52 minutes ago, kaz said:

bruh there is no  Battlefield mtx scandal, you slaugthered that backlash for BATTLEFRONT to make it look like BATTLEFIELD is affected. 

you are dumb as fuck, you even posted the proof yourself. even made it bigger and bold. 

??? just look how stupid you are and now you say this is a "scandal" about BF. wtf :snoop: 

before you could buy shortcuts for BF to level up faster, instead of progressing by playing. I think only cosmetic-mtx is waaay better, just like Dota 2 or Path of Exile is financed for example. 

no wonder twinb and me both didn't know of that "scandal" because it never existed. jesus, jerry, get a brain for once. 

Lets go back to my post:

14 hours ago, jehurey said:

Do you really think pretending to play stupid is going to work, at this point?

Edited by jehurey
12 hours ago, jehurey said:

LOL he's actually downplaying the microtransaction scandal.

I like how he keeps on saying that him putting alot of hours into Battlefield somehow shields it from criticism.

More like it means you aren't to be taken seriously regarding this matter.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? SUDDENLY ITS ABOUT BATTLEFRONT BC DICE MADE IT :D 

AGAIN THIS HAS NOTHIGN TO DO WITH BATTLEFIELD. You backtrack and highlight DICE to try to save yourself for saying complete bullshit. 

it's so clear you have no clue what the fuck you are talking about, you just want to argue for the sake of it. You should play some BF and stfu. 

You are truly the dumbest person on this forum and that says a lot considering dyno is still around. Holy shit :snoop: 

Just now, kaz said:

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? SUDDENLY ITS ABOUT BATTLEFRONT BC DICE MADE IT :D 

AGAIN THIS HAS NOTHIGN TO DO WITH BATTLEFIELD. You backtrack and highlight DICE to try to save yourself for saying complete bullshit. 

it's so clear you have no clue what the fuck you are talking about, you just want to argue for the sake of it. You should play some BF and stfu. 

You are truly the dumbest person on this forum and that says a lot considering dyno is still around. Holy shit :snoop: 

You mad there, fella?

I talked about him being a DICE fanboy.

I am making fun of DICE.

I only said it like three times in that post.

Serious question.........do you think pretending to play stupid is working for you, right now?

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

You mad there, fella?

I talked about him being a DICE fanboy.

I am making fun of DICE.

I only said it like three times in that post.

Serious question.........do you think pretending to play stupid is working for you, right now?

you are clearly talking about BATTLEFIELD ALL THE TIME. ANd when I talk to you you mention BATTLEFIELD NOT BATTLEFRONT. WHy do you think that TWINB AND ME are the same person or some shit? WTF you are just stupid. 

maybe go back and read page 2 lmfao. retard

Edited by kaz
17 minutes ago, kaz said:

you are clearly talking about BATTLEFIELD ALL THE TIME

On 2022-01-20 at 4:58 PM, jehurey said:

what's that? making bad games?

Did I type bad Battlefield games?

Or did I just type "bad games" in general?:trump2:

23 hours ago, jehurey said:

Somebody who always hypes DICE games, and never shuts up about their graphics......every.single.time. they reveal the game at E3.............is equally toxic, I'd say.

14 hours ago, jehurey said:

You already know you messed up on this talking point, son.

Don't go COMPOUNDING the problem.

Edited by jehurey
  • Confused 1

Ok, I can't defend the game anymore. Because of the bug fixing and having to add in features that should have been at launch like the scoreboard and VOIP, they just announced that Season One won't release until EARLY SUMMER :|. A live service game, that already launched with a low amount of content won't receive anything new for another 4-6 months at the very least. I can't believe it.

The only community the game will have left by then will be the fucking in-game bots....EA and DICE managed to fuck things up much worse here than they did with BFV.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Ok, I can't defend the game anymore. Because of the bug fixing and having to add in features that should have been at launch like the scoreboard and VOIP, they just announced that Season One won't release until EARLY SUMMER :|. A live service game, that already launched with a low amount of content won't receive anything new for another 4-6 months at the very least. I can't believe it.

The only community the game will have left by then will be the fucking in-game bots....EA and DICE managed to fuck things up much worse here than they did with BFV.

Sorry bro, but we all warned you