US NPD HW - PlayStation 5 was the best-selling hardware platform of January 2022 in both units and dollars.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yea put a fork in it. 343 did what Guerrilla Games couldn’t do during the 360 generation with KZ2 and 3, they finally killed the Halo franchise      Ironic when you consider lemshits us

I may have ate some crow with Miles Morales      

Oh and dont forget, Bungie now owned by Sony. TLHBFR

14 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:mj:   You fucking retard, PlayStation was the top selling hardware by both unit sales and dollar sales. 

It's weird but Nintendo was last place last month according to this report.

Oversaturation. I mean how many Switches can you possibly sell till most people that wanted them, have them.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Oversaturation. I mean how many Switches can you possibly sell till most people that wanted them, have them.

I believe this may be the case as well. If I recall correctly, the Wii was also selling gangbusters too before it suddenly dropped off on NPD as well. Could this be a trend going forward? Only time will tell but it’s very strange to see Switch dominating all these months and then start losing to the other two new consoles all of a sudden. 

1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

I believe this may be the case as well. If I recall correctly, the Wii was also selling gangbusters too before it suddenly dropped off on NPD as well. Could this be a trend going forward? Only time will tell but it’s very strange to see Switch dominating all these months and then start losing to the other two new consoles all of a sudden. 

Wii was a special case though. Mobiles came out, Killed the Wii audience AND Nintendo basically released no new notable games at the end.

Same shit happened with Kinect sold like 20 million, then no one even wanted the Kinect on XBox One even if it was given free.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

No, it was a supply issue. 

No Switch stock in January to sell.   February may see some restocks so next month might be back to normal. 

LMFAO! Halo dropped off the face of the Earth and even below Flopza Horizon.

Look at how an old ass game like Miles Morales are still in the top 10 a year after launch as Halo is abandoned :mj:

Even a re-release of a 4 year old God of War on PC is wrecking Halo Midfinite in the charts :will2:

398077204_FLUgmxHVEAU06PD(1).thumb.jpg.414309233d45415f3c52d98a0a5966ec.jpg

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Xbox outsold Switch you retard. It impacts all. I was simply saying Nintendo would have sold the most if their supply issues weren’t present. 

For that particular comment made from NPD was in reference to PS5 selling more than Switch. 

For the 23 out of the last 24 months Switch has outsold Series X.   For 21 out of the last 24 months PS5 has outsold Series X. 

Series X was going to less less than either PS5 or Switch or both anyways doofus.  

3 minutes ago, ghostz said:

So why didn’t you post them?

I've posted more NPD threads than anyone on this board, regardless of which system won that month. 

Sometimes someone beats me to it like today, but in general I would post an NPD thread. 

Real question is, how come you were only interested in Nov and Dec last year? :umad: