Major new study finds that Red states with less restrictions performed BETTER than Blue states throughout pandemic - In Economy, Education, and overall death rates

• Twinblade★ changed the title to Major new study finds that Red states with less restrictions performed BETTER than Blue states throughout pandemic - In Economy, Education, and overall death rates

No, I'm pretty sure the higher death rates per capita, and higher infection rates are pretty solid indicators that the red states performed worse.

LOL, he tried to to use an economic report to try and say how you should handle a health crisis.

Kinda shows you what he values.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, I'm pretty sure the higher death rates per capita, and higher infection rates are pretty solid indicators that the red states performed worse.

LOL, he tried to to use an economic report to try and say how you should handle a health crisis.

Kinda shows you what he values.

There is no clear pattern in which states had high and low mortality, although we note one major study from researchers found that lockdowns increased all-cause mortality to a statistically significant extent.

So yes, there were more deaths not a direct result of COVID but for other reasons brought on by lockdowns and restrictions.

29 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Death rate? 

Top 6 are all republican states :umad:

Screenshot_20220411-205903_Chrome.jpg

You're not looking at the bigger picture. When taking all other deaths into consideration (spurred by lockdowns and restrictions) 'open' states fared better. And on top of that they did so without ruining their economy or the education of their children.

One of the authors of this study wrote an article for dailymail that summarizes a lot of his findings. It's pretty eye opening and well worth reading

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10709035/Lockdowns-crushed-jobs-educations-without-saving-lives-writes-study-author-STEPHEN-MOORE.html

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

So yes, there were more deaths not a direct result of COVID but for other reasons brought on by lockdowns and restrictions.

LOL the LOCKDOWNS caused a spike in mortality?

Or the pandemic?

That statement, alone, is probably disqualifying.

What an idiotic statement. That have no method for even beginning to count how deaths could be caused by lockdowns and restrictions.

So because you think its an unknown number, it must be greater than the 800,000+ deaths?

You must be stupid.

52 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You're not looking at the bigger picture. When taking all other deaths into consideration (spurred by lockdowns and restrictions) 'open' states fared better. And on top of that they did so without ruining their economy or the education of their children.

One of the authors of this study wrote an article for dailymail that summarizes a lot of his findings. It's pretty eye opening and well worth reading

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10709035/Lockdowns-crushed-jobs-educations-without-saving-lives-writes-study-author-STEPHEN-MOORE.html

Lmfao Stephen Moore? I fucking hate you so much lol. 

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

LOL the LOCKDOWNS caused a spike in mortality?

Or the pandemic?

That statement, alone, is probably disqualifying.

What an idiotic statement. That have no method for even beginning to count how deaths could be caused by lockdowns and restrictions.

So because you think its an unknown number, it must be greater than the 800,000+ deaths?

You must be stupid.

How about delayed treatments for other things like cancer? Use your brain dummy

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

CDC and US and State's Health Dept. track cancer deaths.

Let me know when you have those numbers that show a dramatic spike in cancer deaths.

I'll wait for you here.

Edited by jehurey
16 hours ago, Cooke said:

That would have to do with the hospitals being overrun by Covid19 patients... Which is directly related to states with the highest rates... Which again the top 6 were all republican :umad:    

It's also directly related to post vaccination availability, over 90% of covid hospitalizations were unvaxxed people. 

And finally Even if a Democratic state was on lockdown, essential services like Hospitals, Groceries and Pharmacies were all open doofus.:cmpunk1:

Edited by Goukosan
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2022-04-12 at 1:10 PM, Goukosan said:

That would have to do with the hospitals being overrun by Covid19 patients... Which is directly related to states with the highest rates... Which again the top 6 were all republican :umad:    

It's also directly related to post vaccination availability, over 90% of covid hospitalizations were unvaxxed people. 

And finally Even if a Democratic state was on lockdown, essential services like Hospitals, Groceries and Pharmacies were all open doofus.:cmpunk1:

No. Most jurisdictions cancelled out of an over abundance of caution, when in reality they didn't have to. And the result was delayed treatments and DEATH. But I know only covid deaths matter to you covid zero weirdos. 

50 minutes ago, Cooke said:

No. Most jurisdictions cancelled out of an over abundance of caution, when in reality they didn't have to. And the result was delayed treatments and DEATH. But I know only covid deaths matter to you covid zero weirdos. 

Once again dumbass, cancer centers were still open.  Cancer treatments were still happening during the height of the pandemic even in states that were on lockdown.   

Only Non essential Elective procedures were paused. 

Cancer treatments, surgery to remove rumors etc are essential non-elective procedures and therefor were not paused. 

I live in NY and had a family member who was diagnosed with cancer just as covid started.  They had multiple surgeries, treatments, follow ups etc... All through the height of the pandemic, lockdowns etc. 

As per usual you're talking out of your ass. 

And as the data I posted shows, the top 6 states with the highest Covid19 death rates were all red states :umad:

Edited by Goukosan
8 hours ago, Cooke said:

Weird, I know 2 people who were able to receive treatment. My GF lost 2 grandparents (to dementia/heart issues) during 2020 and while visiting them required lots of hoops to jump through to visit them and such, they received the appropriate care til the end. 

My mother is an RN and her dad is a surgeon and both worked their asses off during the lockdown. You make it seem like hospitals just closed down and werent doing anything during this time or only dealt with COVID patients. Why are you guys like this? 

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Weird, I know 2 people who were able to receive treatment. My GF lost 2 grandparents (to dementia/heart issues) during 2020 and while visiting them required lots of hoops to jump through to visit them and such, they received the appropriate care til the end. 

My mother is an RN and her dad is a surgeon and both worked their asses off during the lockdown. You make it seem like hospitals just closed down and werent doing anything during this time or only dealt with COVID patients. Why are you guys like this? 

These idiots were lying during the middle of the pandemic......and now they're trying to retroactively lie about things after the pandemic.

My father has 3 different type of vein/heart procedures in a hospital that has a pretty small workforce during October 2020 through July 2021.

And we're not talking about emergency surgery or life-saving surgery. We're talking about a scope procedure through his veins. A pacemaker installation, and a cardioversion.  All of them COULD be pushed back if the hospital couldn't do it.

But they weren't.

This fucking dumbass Cooke is now trying to tell us that hospital officials DON'T FUCKING KNOW HOW TO RUN THEIR HOSPITALS and that they "killed people", like as if he knows better.

And ultimately.......the people who "got people killed"...........were people who weren't getting vaccinated, weren't social distancing, and weren't doing any of the BASIC, BASIC, FUCKING BASIC things to help prevent spread. Those people KILLED people.

18 hours ago, jehurey said:

These idiots were lying during the middle of the pandemic......and now they're trying to retroactively lie about things after the pandemic.

My father has 3 different type of vein/heart procedures in a hospital that has a pretty small workforce during October 2020 through July 2021.

And we're not talking about emergency surgery or life-saving surgery. We're talking about a scope procedure through his veins. A pacemaker installation, and a cardioversion.  All of them COULD be pushed back if the hospital couldn't do it.

But they weren't.

This fucking dumbass Cooke is now trying to tell us that hospital officials DON'T FUCKING KNOW HOW TO RUN THEIR HOSPITALS and that they "killed people", like as if he knows better.

And ultimately.......the people who "got people killed"...........were people who weren't getting vaccinated, weren't social distancing, and weren't doing any of the BASIC, BASIC, FUCKING BASIC things to help prevent spread. Those people KILLED people.

So the John Hopkins study was a big lie and your couple anecdotes prove it? 

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

So the John Hopkins study was a big lie and your couple anecdotes prove it? 

The John Hopkins study?

Care to elaborate? And explain what you mean is the part that is the lie?