Digital Foundry - Stray PS5 vs PS4 vs PC.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PS5 version is glorious. The art style is also beautiful!  

Jerry forgot he’s responded to every single one trying to reverse the ownage, but he just keeps digging himself deeper.    

LOL, looks like all of that LOL't   is making his breeches MOLTen'  

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Refreshing the screen doesn’t mean you’ve refreshed the argument… you’ve gone owned with every post you’ve made today :tom:

holy shit.

the messages are popping up every 2 seconds

ghost is full-on melting down

this is hilarious

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

holy shit.

the messages are popping up every 2 seconds

ghost is full-on melting down

this is hilarious

Jerry forgot he’s responded to every single one trying to reverse the ownage, but he just keeps digging himself deeper. :tom5:

Edited by ghostz
  • dead 1
2 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Jerry forgot he’s responded to every single one trying to reverse the ownage, but he just keeps digging himself deeper. :tom5:

he's still full-on melting down

he is piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed right now :tom:

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

he doesn't know what to say at this point. so he's trying to get out of this. :tom:

and I already know the predictable thing he's going to attempt next.

He responded with the cowardice I expected him to, he’s just too predictable when he has no escape :blessed:

Just now, ghostz said:

He responded with the cowardice I expected him to, he’s just too predictable when he has no escape :blessed:

I called it.

Poor guy tried to project his pathetic-ness, and it immediately failed.

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Hahahaha he fell for it again. You really don’t stray far from the leash :tom:

I keep on calling everything he's attempting to do.........and he's getting angry that I called it.

:tom: here comes his next meltdown.

4 hours ago, Remij said:

Game has been running beautifully for me so far, only had 1 or 2 shader compilation stutters which weren't really a big deal.  Usually in the 100+ fps :pavarotti:

Devs already commented on it 

They're working on fixing it, as many of these smaller indie studios have had to do before... owing to the fact that Unreal Engine's default PSO and shader compilation method is single threaded, old as fuck, and not modern at all.  It works well for consoles, but not PC.  Which is why a lot of these smaller studios have issues with it.  They only have tech artists, they don't have low level programmers that actually rewrite how and when the engine compiles PSOs like The Coalition and Sony Bend.. And by the time they realize it, it's too late to fix for launch.  It happened to the Psychonauts 2 developers, The Ascent developers, and others.. which eventually fixed their issues with a patch.

It sucks but that's where the engine is at right now.  Not all UE4 games have this issue, but a lot of these small AA or indie studios definitely do.  Just like It Takes Two as well.

The good news is that they're changing it so that the PSOs aren't going to be compiled on the main threads "just-in-time" before they're called to be drawn anymore.. and instead they'll compile when the assets are loaded into memory on background threads so they can't stall the main thread anymore.

So you could say I was right :drake: 

Another swing and a miss from Jerky:lawl:

That's a wall of text just to confirm the game does have issues on PC. 

No one said it wouldn't be patched like most games do captain obvious.