PS Blog shows some info on PSVR2 features

Check out the new see-through view and broadcasting option for PS VR2.

pslogo-avatar.jpg?fit=40%2C40
Yasuo Takahashi Sr. Staff Product Manager / SIE

The road to launch for PlayStation VR2 is in full swing, and we can’t wait for you to try the exciting new games and experiences you’ll be able to explore with our next-generation virtual reality headset.  As we continue with our launch efforts, today, we’d like to offer a quick peek at some of the user experience features you’ll discover on PS VR2. 

Let’s take a look. 

4aa6e0fbbebd37ad517c7d397fa7b1938d4fbc5f

6c4ac44ec125e1fc23c508f56133440d68edeb13

See-Through View

With PS VR2, you can see your surroundings while wearing the headset with our new see-through feature. It comes in handy when you want to easily check where the PS VR2 Sense controllers are in your room without taking the headset off. Thanks to PS VR2’s embedded front cameras, users can press the function button on the headset, or use the Card in the Control Center, to switch between viewing your surroundings, or viewing the content on PS VR2. The Card in the Control Center also gives quick access to other PS VR2 settings, such as adjusting your play area.

The see-through view is just for viewing only, so there’s no recording option.

Here is video footage of how their room scanning works:

https://gfycat.com/watchfulfakeanglerfish

9107bd6d6ec36c8fe13473ba5cff42b6e608a06d

Customized Play Area 

The play area for PS VR2 can be customized by using the PS VR2 Sense controllers and the embedded cameras. The cameras will allow you to scan the room, while the PS VR2 Sense controllers allow you to expand and further customize the play area to fit your play style and room environment.

5869697e2eb74e13412412279ee4cbf1a90e661c

573b374e6ecf138115641d88f47e55677cd9023c

While playing, if you get close to the boundary you have set up, you will receive a warning that you are closely approaching the play area boundary. You can modify your settings at any time while PS VR2 is connected. Once you set up your play area, the settings will be saved unless you move into a different play area.

So it appear to recognize when the controllers go past the floor boundry, as well. Nice.

VR Mode and Cinematic Mode

In VR Mode, players can enjoy VR game content in a 360 view in a virtual environment. Content will be displayed in 4000 x 2040 HDR video format (2000 x 2040 per eye) with 90Hz/120Hz frame rate.

In Cinematic Mode, players can view the PS5 system and UI and all non-VR game and media content on a virtual cinema screen. Content in Cinematic Mode will be displayed in 1920×1080 HDR video format with 24/60Hz and also 120Hz frame rate.

PS VR2 game developers will begin to access the latest user experience for PS VR2 in a new system software release coming soon as part of the ongoing development. There are lots of exciting things to look forward to for PS VR2, and we can’t wait to share more details about our next-generation virtual reality headset that takes a dramatic leap forward in gameplay innovation. We’ll share more information soon, including launch date and additional games coming to the platform.  

• Haha 1
  • aitch 1
23 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Looks like stupid and gay, like your mom.

thanks for confirming that you are, indeed, butthurt about me.

I don't know why anybody would be stupid enough to volunteer that information............but I'm not a juvenile psychologist.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

thanks for confirming that you are, indeed, butthurt about me.

I don't know why anybody would be stupid enough to volunteer that information............but I'm not a juvenile psychologist.

Nah, I just didn't think anyone was dumb enough to be hyped about this.

7 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Stop hyping dumb shit. 

No...........stop coming in to cry in these threads.

its almost as if you are a juvenile.........in need of a psychologist.

a juvenile psychologist.

3 minutes ago, JonbX said:

maybe your nephew will get one that you can claim is yours 😄 

maybe you can come up with material on your own, and from somebody who actually succeeded to begin with.:kaz:

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

maybe you can come up with material on your own, and from somebody who actually succeeded to begin with.:kaz:

You sound flustered rn fatty

3 minutes ago, ghostz said:

The see through and play area is directly ripped from oculus, which you know, because you’ve used one 

No, HTC Vive and Samsung HMD Odyssey both did inside out tracking either before, or right around the same time as the first Quest.

The entire point of Windows Mixed Reality is to use a camera on the headset.

Looks like an improvement from Oculus Quest 2 similar setup. This is amazing. 

But most importantly that shot from Horizon looks impressive visually to me. Man, I'm gonna need a PS5 with a PSVR2. Fuck my life.