I think Intel GPUs are gonna be good

Is anyone following Intel's Arc GPU saga? It's taken longer than expected, but I think Intel will soon be a viable 3rd player in the graphics card game.  They're coming in at a good time with devs finally moving over to DX12 and Vulkan apis. There's a lot of talk about mediocre performance with older apis, but AMD went through similar shit, and the raw power of modern cards will ensure that you at least get solidly playable performance in old games.

Early benchmarks have their midrange 750 card trading shots with the 3060. It's been rumored for a long time that their 770 will compete with the 3070.  I think they'll probably come out behind Nvidia in the head to head but make up for it with aggressive pricing. There's also rumors that the early cards will be overclock kings.

Edited by sugarhigh
  • Like 1

I'm not so confident..  and on top of that their competitors are getting ready to release brand new GPUs this year, and early next year.  By the time Intel has anything ready, they'll already be vastly outdated.

Edited by Remij