During the Digital Foundry Weekly Podcast, they literally say that the state of PCVR is so bad, that "Since Half-Life Alyx...the market produces shovelware."

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

you don't understand.

the eye tracking foveated rendering results in roughly 3x performance efficiency. That is coming straight from the people behind the Unity Engine, who already gave a conference regarding the PSVR2 and their dev tools.

PSVR2 will have games that will look PS5 or near-PS5 graphics quality, at the necessary framerate 90Hz, in the headset. Because the eye-tracking is going to make it efficient in rendering the specific spot you are looking at, and saving processing power on the parts of the screen you're NOT looking directly at.

Its no surprise that Capcom added a message that VR modes will be available for RE4 Remake and RE8, because they don't have to mess their graphics for the VR mode.

It didn't even win Digital Foundry's Best Game of 2020 :tom::tom::tom:

Half Life Alyx was even listed in ANY MEMBER'S 2020 Best Game.................for fucking PC Gamer

Not one member of the entire PC gamer staff

Staff Picks

Emma Matthews: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (opens in new tab)
Fraser Brown: Cloudpunk (opens in new tab)
Rachel Watts: If Found...
Chris Livingston: Blaseball (opens in new tab)
Phil Savage: A Monster's Expedition (opens in new tab)
Robin Valentine: Deep Rock Galactic (opens in new tab)
Tim Clark: Destiny 2: Beyond Light (opens in new tab)
Jacob Ridley: Townscaper (opens in new tab)
Jorge Jimenez: Yakuza: Like a Dragon (opens in new tab)
James Davenport: Post Void (opens in new tab)
Evan Lahti: Call of Duty: Black Ops – Cold War/Warzone (opens in new tab)
Tyler Wilde: Disc Room (opens in new tab)
Wes Fenlon: Risk of Rain 2 (opens in new tab)
Alan Dexter: World of Warcraft: Shadowlands (opens in new tab)
Jody MacGregor: Fort Triumph (opens in new tab)
Harry Shepherd: Before I Forget (opens in new tab)
Andy Kelly: Black Mesa (opens in new tab)
Steven Messer: Genshin Impact

:hest: this idiot is trying to use the phrase "Best VR game, ever" like as if it means something.

it doesn't. Astrobot has more GoTY awards than Half Life Alyx

Psvr2 will NOT be ps5 level. It can’t be.VR requires too much power. The only time it will be successful is after pc/consoles die. It will ALWAYS be significantly behind 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GODDAMN       This is coming straight from John Linneman.   And he's actually saying that the Quest having had most of the VR success is a "bad thing" because

you don't understand.   the eye tracking foveated rendering results in roughly 3x performance efficiency. That is coming straight from the people behind the Unity Engine, who already gave a

This fucking hypocrite   

It didn't even win Digital Foundry's Best Game of 2020 :tom::tom::tom:

Except DF just said it was the best VR game by far :drake: 

LMFAO look at how hard he's trying.  Imagine if he put this amount of effort into actually playing some of the games he talks about :tom: 

2 minutes ago, ghostz said:

That’s how it was for me. Fun to play at parties and show people beat saber and fruit ninja. But man is it trash. Like absolute fucking trash. You got farther than me tho and connected it to your pc, was it ever more than PS2 graphics? 

also, the best vr2 will achieve is ps4 graphics. Still too far behind to be immersive 

oh yeah. i could easily dial up the graphics to max settings, and max resolution using the PC wirelessly.

What I am trying to see in this video is the character model of the Joker, I am moving it to my right side so that I see the light pass through his green hair, and it looks really good.

After all Arkham Knight has really good character models.

I played Tetris Effect on the PC after I played the Quest 2 version, turned everything up. Tons of particles effects.

In anything, the Quest 2's LCD screen kinda underwhelms, because the colors don't feel as rich.

And also, what people aren't telling you is that you are compressing video when you are doing wireless airlink.

This video is recording from my PC, so its video quality may actually be better than what I got in the headset.

Wireless airlink has limits. I pushed Half Life Alyx to max EVERYTHING, every goddamn thing, and then I turned up the resolution in Steam VR to like 140% resolution, and I turned it up to 120 Hz.

That too much data to transfer wirelessly. The game was not fully loading into the headset quick enough.

Like if I had my head turned to the right, and I quickly turned my head to the left, I would see the SteamVR background, and I had to wait a second for the Half Life Alyx level to load in. I had to lower it to 90Hz and turn down resolution.

Wired will deliver a better picture quality than wireless.

8 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Psvr2 will NOT be ps5 level. It can’t be.VR requires too much power. The only time it will be successful is after pc/consoles die. It will ALWAYS be significantly behind 

Go and look at the Horizon Call of the Mountain video.

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Except DF just said it was the best VR game by far :drake:

and it isn't better than streets of rage

Oh man................this idiot just walked into it, badly.

He has completely pretended that he didn't read what I said about the entire PC Gamer crew.

Look at this:

Staff Picks

Some guy even said "Black Mesa" a fucking mod was his best PC game of 2020.....but not HL Alyx :hest:

From PC Gamer, not a website that deal with multiplats...........but one of the ORIGINAL PC gaming publications:lawl:

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

and it isn't better than streets of rage

Oh man................this idiot just walked into it, badly.

He has completely pretended that he didn't read what I said about the entire PC Gamer crew.

Look at this:

Staff Picks

Some guy even said "Black Mesa" a fucking mod was his best PC game of 2020.....but not HL Alyx :hest:

From PC Gamer, not a website that deal with multiplats...........but one of the ORIGINAL PC gaming publications:lawl:

Try harder :omglol:

Just now, Remij said:

Try harder :omglol:

LOL he's got nothing

I bet he probably didn't even know that not one single member of PC Gamer listed Half Life Alyx.

I shouldn't have shown the list immediately, so that he would've doubted me when I made that claim. Because he would absolutely not believe it unless I showed him the list.

I slap his mouth shut reaaally good.:drake:

A little too good, for my satisfaction, I suppose.:viktor:

LOL he's got nothing

I bet he probably didn't even know that not one single member of PC Gamer listed Half Life Alyx.

I shouldn't have shown the list immediately, so that he would've doubted me when I made that claim. Because he would absolutely not believe it unless I showed him the list.

I slap his mouth shut reaaally good.:drake:

A little too good, for my satisfaction, I suppose.:viktor:

Also won VR game of the year at the VGAs that year.

There's simply NO BETTER VR GAME... than the PCVR exclusive HL:A. 

Try harder Jerky :geese:

Just now, Remij said:

Also won VR game of the year at the VGAs that year.

There's simply NO BETTER VR GAME... than the PCVR exclusive HL:A. 

Try harder Jerky :geese:

Except it wasn't among the entire staff recommendation for best PC game.

So the "best VR game".........................isn't even among the staff's top 18 games

:lawl::lawl:are you not realizing that I am going to have a field day over this:lawl::lawl:

The VGAs????????:lawl::lawl:he truly has nothing

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except it wasn't among the entire staff recommendation for best PC game.

So the "best VR game".........................isn't even among the staff's top 18 games

:lawl::lawl:are you not realizing that I am going to have a field day over this:lawl::lawl:

The VGAs????????:lawl::lawl:he truly has nothing

Oh I can't wait to see how many GOTY awards Horizon VR takes home :drake: 

Fucking derpy doesn't realize how stupid he looks right now :lawl: 

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Oh I can't wait to see how many GOTY awards Horizon VR takes home :drake: 

LOL he's now trying to run away, and come after Horizon VR.

I don't need to worry...............because PSVR already has GOTY awards under its belt

Hell, including Giantbomb, PSVR has another GOTY winner in Tetris Effect.

Just now, jehurey said:

LOL he's now trying to run away, and come after Horizon VR.

I don't need to worry...............because PSVR already has GOTY awards under its belt

Hell, including Giantbomb, PSVR has another GOTY winner in Tetris Effect.

:rofl: 

Just now, Remij said:

:rofl: 

yup, he's got nothing.

well..................according to John Linneman, the exact he used was..............."shovelware.":drake:

Dude.............the fucking game came out in MARCH 2020

Two and a HALF years ago.

This idiot thought we wouldn't notice PCVR not having.................JACK...............SHIT.............for 2.5 years?????:lawl:

Just now, jehurey said:

yup, he's got nothing.

well..................according to John Linneman, the exact he used was..............."shovelware.":drake:

Dude.............the fucking game came out in MARCH 2020

Two and a HALF years ago.

This idiot thought we wouldn't notice PCVR not having.................JACK...............SHIT.............for 2.5 years?????:lawl:

bubu Tetris Effect! :ovolol: 

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

bubu Tetris Effect! :ovolol: 

He's avoiding so hard.

I'm landing MEGA BITCH POPS TO DA MOUF.........and he's got absolutely nothing.:lawl:

he even tried to say, just a couple of days ago..........that I am fanboyish against PCVR..............and the timing of this Digital Foundry discussion couldn't have been more perfect.

Not only do they 100% verify everything I've been saying.

They use even HARSHER language than I did.

They literally called it "shovelware" and compared it to mobile phone games.

:hest::hest::hest:This poor port-begging bastard should be THANKING ME for being nice to him about the subject of PCVR.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

He's avoiding so hard.

I'm landing MEGA BITCH POPS TO DA MOUF.........and he's got absolutely nothing.:lawl:

he even tried to say, just a couple of days ago..........that I am fanboyish against PCVR..............and the timing of this Digital Foundry discussion couldn't have been more perfect.

Not only do they 100% verify everything I've been saying.

They use even HARSHER language than I did.

They literally called it "shovelware" and compared it to mobile phone games.

:hest::hest::hest:This poor port-begging bastard should be THANKING ME for being nice to him about the subject of PCVR.

You're a dishonest fuck.

First of all... they say HL:A is the best VR game period.

Secondly... they speak about after HL:A.... Meta has been the only one finding success... so they're talking about The Quest, and not PCVR.  And it's Quest.. that they're commenting about shovelware and being like mobile phone games.

LMFAO.  Jerky you couldn't win an argument to save your life.  You've lost this one, since HL:A is the best VR game out there... and DF are HOPING PSVR gets games like that... :tom: 

Not to mention HL:A is on every cow's port begging list for PSVR :rofl: 

It's hilarious that the best game that would release on PSVR2.... is a port of a 2 year old PCVR game :kaz: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

You're a dishonest fuck.

First of all... they say HL:A is the best VR game period.

it doesn't offset 2.5 years of PCVR failure.

Dude, did you even see the video, Richard Ledbetter said "Half Life Alyx sets a watermark for what was supposed to be the next phase..........and the next phase just didn't happen."

What do you think you would say if Nintendo Switch owners got a perfect 10 Breath of the Wild at the launch of the Switch........and then get nothing but shovelware for the next 3 years?

Would you be saying "that's okay.............Breath of the Wild is considered the most amazing open world game, PERIOD!"

Do you honestly think this warped logic you are using.............works against NORMAL people?

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Secondly... they speak about after HL:A.... Meta has been the only one finding success... so they're talking about The Quest, and not PCVR.

No, they're not.

They're saying that its a failure of PCVR not producing good games of high production quality.

It didn't happen.

And Quest 2 comes in and starts getting hot during 2021.

And with what games? Fucking GAMECUBE ports.

And we know that people are abandoning PCVR, because Valve's next VR headset is going to be designed like the Quest 2.

56 minutes ago, jehurey said:

oh yeah. i could easily dial up the graphics to max settings, and max resolution using the PC wirelessly.

What I am trying to see in this video is the character model of the Joker, I am moving it to my right side so that I see the light pass through his green hair, and it looks really good.

After all Arkham Knight has really good character models.

I played Tetris Effect on the PC after I played the Quest 2 version, turned everything up. Tons of particles effects.

In anything, the Quest 2's LCD screen kinda underwhelms, because the colors don't feel as rich.

And also, what people aren't telling you is that you are compressing video when you are doing wireless airlink.

This video is recording from my PC, so its video quality may actually be better than what I got in the headset.

Wireless airlink has limits. I pushed Half Life Alyx to max EVERYTHING, every goddamn thing, and then I turned up the resolution in Steam VR to like 140% resolution, and I turned it up to 120 Hz.

That too much data to transfer wirelessly. The game was not fully loading into the headset quick enough.

Like if I had my head turned to the right, and I quickly turned my head to the left, I would see the SteamVR background, and I had to wait a second for the Half Life Alyx level to load in. I had to lower it to 90Hz and turn down resolution.

Wired will deliver a better picture quality than wireless.

That video looks 100000000x better than ANYTHING I played on it. I’d imagine if you have a capable pc there are better headsets out there tho, right? You ever fuck around with them? The problem they have AND I think PSVR2 will have is the market is too small tho .. and it will never beat stand-alone hardware.  Doomed imo