2022 gamescom Opening Night- Top of the hour 11am PST

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Ok Sonic Frontiers is looking better.  Still not completely sold on it... but definitely FAR better than the initial showings. :obama: 

I thought the same and on the other hand The Calisto Protocol seemed rougher than the last time and almost exactly like Dead Space gameplay.

Also, WTF with Subnautica dev's 40k rip-off.  One of the biggest disappointments all year. The Souls clone looked decent but the protag looked super gay lmaooo

Otherwise, didn't see much else I was interested. 

• Like 1

just saw The Callisto Protocol video

Is it me, or are new IPs having lots of trouble coming up with good names?  None of these names sound cool. They sound like the developer was overthinking it.

Anyways. Um...the dude even WALKS like the guy from Dead Space, which I don't understand, because the guy from dead space is wearing this big ol' heavy metal suit.

And this guy just seems to be in a maintenance jumpsuit, but he does that slow shuffle as if he's carrying a hundred pounds on his body.

And then there's this grinding machine in the middle of the area, that just has..........grinders there for no apparently reason. LOL I don't know why you wouldn't kill all the enemies the same exact way. The gameplay feels VERY 2008-ish.

One thing that I did notice was that when he was holding one zombie in telekinesis, he placed in the path of another one that was throwing acid bombs as a shield, and the acid blew off the first zombie's arm. The zombie being used as a shield immediately turns and LOOKS BACK at the second zombie that took his arm off. LOL That was a nice touch.

The water flowing looks quite nice. I hope there's more to the game.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Overall it was a pretty pathetic show. 

i know Sony announced they would be passing on this showcase but where was MS? I would have expected some stuff from them. At least a new grounded trailer, the game is out next month and they’re treating it like it doesn’t exist.

Just now, Twinblade said:

i know Sony announced they would be passing on this showcase but where was MS? I would have expected some stuff from them. At least a new grounded trailer, the game is out next month and they’re treating it like it doesn’t exist.

It’s been playable for like 3 years lol

26 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I would have expected more from MS too, but it looks like they don't have much to show just yet and are probably waiting for the VGAs.

I mean... when the fuck are we going to see Perfect Dark gameplay?  Hellblade 2 trailer with 2023 release date? Fable gameplay?

It's been ridiculously long since some of these things have been announced, and there's very little if anything to show for them...

Something HAS to happen at the VGAs... Sony will have a Fall showcase and will have GoW:R.  These upcoming games from Sony are going to be the first truly next generation only titles from them..  Once they start popping off, the standard gets raised again, and MS' job becomes that much harder.

• Upvote 1