3070 Ti for $450 at Best Buy (dead)

• Hot Sauce changed the title to 3070 Ti for $450 at Best Buy (dead)

Nvidia and AMD Partners are ready to offer more brutal price cuts in September due to not clearing inventory as quickly as expected.

They've apparently got billions of $$$ in inventory they need to clear out yet.  With the mass amount of inventory they have, plus all the used cards crypto miners are flooding the used market with, they're finding them hard to sell, even at reduced prices.  Get fucked Nvidia and AMD :geese: 

https://wccftech.com/amd-nvidia-partners-ready-to-offer-more-brutal-price-cuts-on-gpus-in-september/

GamersNexus has also heard something similar from his sources.

• Like 1
  • Geese 1
9 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nvidia and AMD Partners are ready to offer more brutal price cuts in September due to not clearing inventory as quickly as expected.

They've apparently got billions of $$$ in inventory they need to clear out yet.  With the mass amount of inventory they have, plus all the used cards crypto miners are flooding the used market with, they're finding them hard to sell, even at reduced prices.  Get fucked Nvidia and AMD :geese: 

https://wccftech.com/amd-nvidia-partners-ready-to-offer-more-brutal-price-cuts-on-gpus-in-september/

GamersNexus has also heard something similar from his sources.

Damn, I may just get a home workstation after all! I just need a strong CPU, 32g (considering 64) of ram and a 3070ti (or higher). 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Damn, I may just get a home workstation after all! I just need a strong CPU, 32g (considering 64) of ram and a 3070ti (or higher). 

AMD is coming out with their new AM5 platform and Zen 4 very soon, so prices on their existing CPUs should drop as well.  You can already get a 5950x (16cores 32threads) for $550.  Who knows what their prices will drop to after the new stuff comes out.

Sept/Oct could be a great time to buy, so keep an eye out.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Remij said:

AMD is coming out with their new AM5 platform and Zen 4 very soon, so prices on their existing CPUs should drop as well.  You can already get a 5950x (16cores 32threads) for $550.  Who knows what their prices will drop to after the new stuff comes out.

Sept/Oct could be a great time to buy, so keep an eye out.

Yeah, definitely! I need to get familiar with windows again, so I’d like to price things out in the forthcoming months. I’ll also have a better idea of my workflow by October, as well. 

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

I was gonna get a new PC but whats the point? Almost every game coming out is still PS4/XB1

They look infinitely better on pc, though. I guess it comes down to how important graphics are to you. 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

They look infinitely better on pc, though. I guess it comes down to how important graphics are to you. 

Compared to PS5 and Series X? Not really. I guess if you want higher than 60fps itd be worth it. 

7 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Compared to PS5 and Series X? Not really. I guess if you want higher than 60fps itd be worth it. 

Ya. Also better ray tracing. I would only be getting one for cinema 4D (a 3D program I use). I wouldn’t mind checking out some maxed out games, though. 

Just now, JonbX said:

According to the nerds at Resetera there are going to be some heavy discounts on GPUS later this year. Might be a good time if the deals are good.

I literally posted that news right above lol.

Later this year will be the perfect time, if anyone is considering.  For GD it could be the perfect time to build a workstation and have something he could play the odd game on PC that he's wanted to try over the years.

Also any Xbox games that he buys or GP games will be cross-buy/play so he can try them out on both for no additional cost :fblike: 

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, Remij said:

Later this year will be the perfect time, if anyone is considering.  For GD it could be the perfect time to build a workstation and have something he could play the odd game on PC that he's wanted to try over the years.

Also any Xbox games that he buys or GP games will be cross-buy/play so he can try them out on both for no additional cost :fblike: 

How will this effect difficulty of obtaining something like 7800xt or rtx4080 whenever they come out you think? I'm 4K now and I need more fps.

Just now, Substatic said:

How will this effect difficulty of obtaining something like 7800xt or rtx4080 whenever they come out you think? I'm 4K now and I need more fps.

Hard to say.  Depends on what Nvidia and AMD decide to do.  They may artificially limit stock in the beginning to keep stock low and people paying the higher prices.  That will also force some people to just buy a cheaper 30 series card instead, clearing that inventory... 

So who knows.  I think regardless of all that, it will be much better than the 30 series was.

54 minutes ago, Remij said:

Didnt read 😂

But yeah i do like the cross platform approach MS took. Soon Sony will do the same so that will be great.

• Upvote 1