Cosmetic Rewards (Skins) (UP: Sabo gets annihilated)

Do you care/obsess/get fomo from purely cosmetic items?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Essentially the Fortnite model that has taken over so many games.

I will never understand the appeal. Or angst from prices. 

Especially games that are first person, where you literally don’t even see your skin. 

this fad & obsession needs to die asap. I don’t mind getting games f2p, it’s more about the outrage over high priced items. Like dude, the game is free and this doesn’t make you any better at the game

Edited by ghostz
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, now its name ALL the popular games when before it was name A popular game... LMFAO.   Dude you're going beyond Lil' Bitch territory into Lil' fgt territory. Just STFU already.

Bro…a lot of people bought horse armor in oblivion. 

Burger and fries skin for all American games  

I would say cosmetics have been around way longer and has nothing to do with Fartnite. I know you know that too but mocking that business model from the get go is a classic cuck move :D 

purely cosmetic items as a business model works, it's proven, people like it, people pay for it, enables games to be free to play and in some cases getting full time support and updates. 

I agree though fps skins you rarely see are dumb as fuck :D 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kaz said:

I would say cosmetics have been around way longer and has nothing to do with Fartnite. I know you know that too but mocking that business model from the get go is a classic cuck move :D 

purely cosmetic items as a business model works, it's proven, people like it, people pay for it, enables games to be free to play and in some cases getting full time support and updates. 

I agree though fps skins you rarely see are dumb as fuck :D 

10 years ago you were able to customize freely in the game, now it’s offset by the fact the game is free.. so they charge $20 for every little shiny outfit. Lol. Anyway I don’t mind it, I just don’t buy them 

And  Fortnite def popularized it

Edited by ghostz
2 hours ago, ghostz said:

10 years ago you were able to customize freely in the game, now it’s offset by the fact the game is free.. so they charge $20 for every little shiny outfit. Lol. Anyway I don’t mind it, I just don’t buy them 

And  Fortnite def popularized it

It's a business model like I said. People work on a game and need something in return to keep it going. 

10 years ago you bought a game and I'm not even sure what kind of "free customization" you are talking about. If you take CS for example you still have community based servers, it's not like your little console where you are forced in a locked match making.  

Since you mention Fartnight, no idea about that game but others that do well are path of exile and dota 2 for example. 

And yea, there are some real crazy people out there.

From a dota 2 battlepass, the guy didn't even get much for more levels at some point, just some shitty filler rewards on repeat :D 

The Saudi Prince at Almost 100,000 Levels

We’ve reported previously when the Saudi Prince reclaimed his number one spot in terms of levels but back then he was “merely” at 55,000. Over the last few months, he has made quite the leap and currently sits comfortably at 99,856. That's approximately $41,571!

Edited by kaz
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, kaz said:

It's a business model like I said. People work on a game and need something in return to keep it going. 

10 years ago you bought a game and I'm not even sure what kind of "free customization" you are talking about. If you take CS for example you still have community based servers, it's not like your little console where you are forced in a locked match making.  

Since you mention Fartnight, no idea about that game but others that do well are path of exile and dota 2 for example. 

And yea, there are some real crazy people out there.

From a dota 2 battlepass, the guy didn't even get much for more levels at some point, just some shitty filler rewards on repeat :D 

The Saudi Prince at Almost 100,000 Levels

We’ve reported previously when the Saudi Prince reclaimed his number one spot in terms of levels but back then he was “merely” at 55,000. Over the last few months, he has made quite the leap and currently sits comfortably at 99,856. That's approximately $41,571!

''Fartnight'' :pavarotti: 

3 minutes ago, ghostz said:

And Fortnite made it the mainstream model. 

Mainstream model? WTF are you even trying to say. Purchasable Cosmetics has been an established business model waaay before Fortnight. Fortnite didn't popularize it, it adopted it.

How many dumbass takes are you going to have in this thread? Should I start keeping count?

2 hours ago, Sabo said:

Mainstream model? WTF are you even trying to say. Purchasable Cosmetics has been an established business model waaay before Fortnight. Fortnite didn't popularize it, it adopted it.

How many dumbass takes are you going to have in this thread? Should I start keeping count?

Name the most popular game on consoles with them prior to Fortnite 

LMAO, I like how that's such a specific question. You knew you said something stupid but instead of owning up to it you're trying to weasel your way out if it. I'm not even going to entertain this dumbass question.

Fortnite did not popularize cosmetics... Stop trying to force your factually wrong point across. Its pathetic. 

I think Fortnite started the trend of cosmetics becoming overtly goofy and over the top. Before you would have realistic options like different uniforms or helmets for soldiers in shooting games. Now in those same games you can wear shit like horse heads or santa clause costumes.

6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Bro…a lot of people bought horse armor in oblivion. 

LOL. I remember the uproar when that first happened. People were pissed that this was now becoming a thing in AAA games instead of being exclusive to F2P. 

Now pretty much every AAA game has some kind of microtransaction.

7 minutes ago, Sabo said:

LMAO, I like how that's such a specific question. You knew you said something stupid but instead of owning up to it you're trying to weasel your way out if it. I'm not even going to entertain this dumbass question.

Fortnite did not popularize cosmetics... Stop trying to force your factually wrong point across. Its pathetic. 

Fortnite made them mainstream. Without a doubt. There’s no sense in arguing it, most of gamings biggest shooting franchises have all followed suit. Even games like rocket league. 

again- there weren’t many (if any) console games like this prior to Fortnite. Fortnite made it popular. I don’t care about pc or mobile. 

You're just doubling down on the stupidity, huh?  

Alright, whatever, keep at it. You ain't convincing anyone. You would save yourself a lot of time and effort if you would just admit you had a brain fart moment and said something dumb.

But nope, you gotta be right over something that is straight up wrong. Have fun jumping through hoops, moron.

• Tears of the Cows changed the title to Cosmetic Rewards (Skins) (UP: Sabo gets annihilated)