The Resistance franchise pulled off a rare feat

We could really use another linear, focused shooter like Killzone or Resistance. A few years ago I never thought I’d be saying that given how saturated the market was, but there’s been a distinct lack of those games recently and they would be a good change from the seemingly never ending open world games.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

We could really use another linear, focused shooter like Killzone or Resistance. A few years ago I never thought I’d be saying that given how saturated the market was, but there’s been a distinct lack of those games recently and they would be a good change from the seemingly never ending open world games.

Linear games seem very outdated to me now, ie GOW:R 

I recently finished Metro: Last Light, I love both games but thinking of playing exodus kills my excitement. I just hope it has at least some good story parts that are linear. Open world is so overdone, I agree.

1 hour ago, kaz said:

I recently finished Metro: Last Light, I love both games but thinking of playing exodus kills my excitement. I just hope it has at least some good story parts that are linear. Open world is so overdone, I agree.

Most of the story missions are linear and that take place in their own ‘levels’ within the open world. I think it’s pretty smart how they designed things there. 

I think Exodus is my favorite of the metro games.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kaz said:

When I first got the Deck I went back to 2033 and loved it. Just picked up the remaster.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Linear games seem very outdated to me now, ie GOW:R 

Derp. You can literally spend hours doing side missions before even doing campaign ones lol. I don’t think you understand what a linear game is. A linear game FORCES you to play a series of levels in a linear path. There are no side missions lol. 

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I do love linear games. You blast through them and call it a day. I’m fine with a 6-10 hour campaign, as long as it makes the most of its time. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Agreed. Horizon feels as unnecessary now as Killzone did back then. I'd love to see Guerilla's take on a Killzone game after their success with Horizon. 

3 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Agreed. Horizon feels as unnecessary now as Killzone did back then. I'd love to see Guerilla's take on a Killzone game after their success with Horizon. 

Yeah, I’m sick of games having skill trees based on a point system, weapon upgrades from scavenging, side quests (even if they are good) and other open world crap. Too many games have that shit now. I too would love a Killzone, or another 360/ps3 linear style game. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I do love linear games. You blast through them and call it a day. I’m fine with a 6-10 hour campaign, as long as it makes the most of its time. 

The rise of indie games has hurt Triple A games if you think about it. People spend a few bucks on the next steam indie hit and some times its a game that they end up sinking dozens of hours into (Vampire Survivors being a recent example) so over time they feel less inclined to buy an awesome Triple A game because it might be on the shorter side so its automatically not worth it. This is the reason why there are many bloated games nowadays. Making a epic 8 hour game that offers nothing else is probably viewed as suicidal by many publishers.

• Sad 2
Just now, Twinblade said:

The rise of indie games has hurt Triple A games if you think about it. People spend a few bucks on the next steam indie hit and some times its a game that they end up sinking dozens of hours into (Vampire Survivors being a recent example) so over time they feel less inclined to buy an awesome Triple A game because it might be on the shorter side so its automatically not worth it. This is the reason why there are many bloated games nowadays. Making an epic 8 hour game that offers nothing else is probably viewed as suicidal by many publishers nowadays.

Yeah, I hate how length of a game now equates value. Shiiiii Max Payne 2 was like 5 hours long, and I’ve beaten it like 7 times. That’s 35 hours of game time :smoke:  But yeah, on a gaming level, I’m pretty much over padded games. At least for a while. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, I hate how length of a game now equates value. Shiiiii Max Payne 2 was like 5 hours long, and I’ve beaten it like 7 times. That’s 35 hours of game time :smoke:  But yeah, on a gaming level, I’m pretty much over padded games. At least for a while. 

Don't browse the steam forums if you value your sanity. The amount of people who criticize a game's length is ridiculous, I constantly see these hermits bringing up how they go by the '$1 per hour of gameplay' rule which is just completely unreasonable. I would probably quit gaming if every full priced game I bought was 60 or 70 hours long :D 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Don't browse the steam forums if you value your sanity. The amount of people who criticize a game's length is ridiculous, I constantly see these hermits bringing up how they go by the '$1 per hour of gameplay' rule which is just completely unreasonable. I would probably quit gaming if every full priced game I bought was 60 or 70 hours long :D 

Jesus Fucking Christ :D 

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Most of the story missions are linear and that take place in their own ‘levels’ within the open world. I think it’s pretty smart how they designed things there. 

I think Exodus is my favorite of the metro games.

dude, thanks for this. now I look forward to playing it. I know it can be done properly. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

lmfao nobody should even start to go by reviews in general. just play what ya like, the playtime is not important AND also differs so much