Several major devs leave Playground Games to form new AAA multiplat studio (TLHBFR)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They got tired of making copy-paste Flopza games on repeat for Microsoft and decided to jump ship.   MS had them on that treadmill pumping out Flopza games every 2 years, they got tired of t

Good riddance. MS doesn't have control over creative limitations. It's the dev's actual control and based over the last two games, the franchise has been going down the shitter.

Microsoft has found some way to actually MISMANAGE and disenfranchise employees from their best, and most consistent studio.   They overworked them on something that they don't think is wort

Posted Images

OMG I missed this piece of news. :D

So the best homemade first party studio is in shamble. 

Copy and paste games factories. MS limited vision in a nutshell. :kaz: 

This is NOT good news for the Xtards. 

• Geese 1
21 hours ago, Ramza said:

OMG I missed this piece of news. :D

So the best homemade first party studio is in shamble. 

Copy and paste games factories. MS limited vision in a nutshell. :kaz: 

This is NOT good news for the Xtards. 

Microsoft has found some way to actually MISMANAGE and disenfranchise employees from their best, and most consistent studio.

They overworked them on something that they don't think is worth the effort.

And, chances are, when Microsoft told them "okay, we'll have you work on something new.....FABLE!"

They were like "hell naw".

This is the byproduct mis-management.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Microsoft has found some way to actually MISMANAGE and disenfranchise employees from their best, and most consistent studio.

And, chances are, when Microsoft told them "okay, we'll have you work on something new.....FABLE!"

Sad thing is that these retards are the ones that lemshits want to take consolidate the industry.

They can't even manage their best studio. How the fuck are they supposed to manage the biggest publisher in the industry, Activision? It's only a matter of time before they run Bathesda into the ground and lemshits want them to acquire every major publisher out there so that we run into  a second videogame crash. 

I keep saying it but lemshits aren't gamers. Bunch of corporate dick-suckers who don't give a shit about gaming and only wanna deepthroat they favorite corporate overlords.

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, jehurey said:

They're terrible at managing their IPs and studios. That's what you get for being a play it safe, soulless corporation that see studios as cookie cutter games factories. That also speak volumes of they think of their fanbase and gaming consumers at large.

How long until they manage to mess up Bethesda, Obsidian and all the other recent acquisitions. I just hope they learned something but that's very doubtful considering they haven't changed course since they bought Rare from Nintendo. lmao

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

They're terrible at managing their IPs and studios. That's what you get for being a play it safe, soulless corporation that see studios as cookie cutter games factories. That also speak volumes of they think of their fanbase and gaming consumers at large.

How long until they manage to mess up Bethesda, Obsidian and all the other recent acquisitions. I just hope they learned something but that's very doubtful considering they haven't changed course since they bought Rare from Nintendo. lmao

I bet Todd Howard negotiated provisions that still give him alot of autonomy.

Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if Todd Howard was/is a stakeholder in Zenimax, and when Microsoft bought them out, Todd Howard received a chunk of that $7 billion payout.

I bet he wants to see Stafield completed.

The rumor a couple of years ago was that the next Elder Scrolls was in fact going to be the entire land of Tamriel.

If that's true, do I expect Todd Howard to stay there to oversee that?

Part of me thinks that the Elder Scrolls is his original baby, so maybe he might. But part of me thinks that he will bolt after Starfield, because Elder Scrolls 6 won't be done for another 3-5 years.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Bethesda Game Studios is probably fucked after Starfield. Even if it's successful their business model of a game every 4 years is not gonna work with Gamepass. MS is gonna want iterable content. Obsidian is better able to finish A and AA games like they did on PC after New Vegas.

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Good riddance.

MS doesn't have control over creative limitations.

It's the dev's actual control and based over the last two games, the franchise has been going down the shitter.

Ah, now lemmings are admitting that Forza Horizon really isn't that good, and its just been retreading.

• Geese 1