Who had more nightmare gens sheep or lemmings?

39 minutes ago, Saucer said:

It was so empty it didn't even have that. :kaz:

Lol, I know you don't pay games but we live in the era of bloated open world games.

Anyone asking for more worthless filler crap in an open world in 2023 is a Ubisoft type clown. 🤡

• Ben 1
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If PS1 though PS4 have been nightmare gens then objectively no console has ever had a good gen.

The Xbox Series is a nightmare gen in progress.

Easily Nintendo. Wii, WiiU and Switch are worthless garbage consoles that don't stand on their own in any gen they took place in. You always have to own a main console on the side. Xbox might be a mul

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Saucer said:

PS1 3D games were ugly and crude. I skipped that entire gen. And the PS4 was f!at out bland. Jaguar bland almost. 

That's just because you're gay and don't appreciate good art. 

PS1 spawned some of the best franchises of all time. Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid.

I'd love to see anyone make an argument that Symphony of the Night or Chrono Cross were ugly and crude games with no artistic values while simultaneously praise the bland, blocky 3D graphics of the N64 with their generic cereal mascots. :D 🤡

• dead 1
21 minutes ago, Ramza said:

PS1 spawned some of the best franchises of all time. Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid.

I'd love to see anyone make an argument that Symphony of the Night or Chrono Cross were ugly and crude games with no artistic values while simultaneously praise the bland, blocky 3D graphics of the N64 with their generic cereal mascots. :D 🤡

I actually like N64, but it was packed with semi-open world collect-a-thons doing worse Mario 64 copies.

Banjo_Kazooie_Cover.png

Edited by sugarhigh
6 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I actually like N64, but it was packed with semi-open world collect-a-thons doing worse Mario 64 copies.

Banjo_Kazooie_Cover.png

We're talking purely aesthetics at this point. Saucer always act like he's above everything but always praises the dumbest looking shit.

For the record, the edgiest game made for a 'mature' audience on the N64 was about a squirrel who had a hangover and made poop jokes. 🤡 

• dead 1
26 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Lol, I know you don't pay games but we live in the era of bloated open world games.

Anyone asking for more worthless filler crap in an open world in 2023 is a Ubisoft type clown. 🤡

Why does open world optional content have to be shit? Were they shit in Fallout 1,2, and Vegas? You love those games. And if the dev team didn't have enough money or talent to do a decent open world, why go there to begin with? No More Heroes games would way better if it was structured like Mega Man where they have tightly scripted linear levels that you can play in any order you want.

The only thing Team Ico was ever good at was atmosphere. 

Just now, Ramza said:

We're talking purely aesthetics at this point. Saucer always act like he's above everything but always praises the dumbest looking shit.

For the record, the edgiest game made for a 'mature' audience on the N64 was about a squirrel who had a hangover and made poop jokes. 🤡 

It's ok saucer, you can tell us where the squirrel touched you.

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Ramza said:

RE, SH, and MGS didn't get good until the next gen with REmake, SH2, and Snake Eater,  and SotN is 2D and Chrono Cross looked like this:

Chrono-Cross-Battle-Attack.jpg

Hideous. :camby:

1 minute ago, Saucer said:

Why does open world optional content have to be shit? Were they shit in Fallout 1,2, and Vegas? You love those games. And if the dev team didn't have enough money or talent to do a decent open world, why go there to begin with? No More Heroes games would way better if it was structured like Mega Man where they have tightly scripted linear levels that you can play in any order you want.

The only thing Team Ico was ever good at was atmosphere. 

Why would I want to fight regular looking sized monster in a game where the entire control schemes and gameplay was designed to climb on the back of giants? Not to mention that is a million time cooler than any open world activities you can come with. Why would I lower myself to those activities when I just want to slay giants?

SOTC isn't an epic 80 hours RPG, adding a bunch of quests wouldn't even make sense within the narrative, world, tone or even gameplay wise. You're literally crying because you have to run on your horse for 5 minutes before reaching the next boss fight. 

You can always collect the fruits and lizards if you want side activities so much, you know, the one thing that was boring af in SOTC. You are basically asking for more of that.

NMH is a different case because it has all the things you're asking for, it doesn't lack in side activities, it's just that they sucks ass. So yeah in this case they might as well ditch the side boring crap altogether. It would be a lot better if you actually just used your motorcycle to reach the next stage/boss, you know like in SOTC.

Consider yourself owned. 

3 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

It's ok saucer, you can tell us where the squirrel touched you.

Synchronicity. I have a ton of squirrels, jays, crows, and other wildlife I feed, and an hour ago one of the squirrels shows up with a mangled eye and and I've been sitting here debating with myself if I should take it to the ridiculously overpriced vet down from my house. :bunny:

6 minutes ago, Saucer said:

RE, SH, and MGS didn't get good until the next gen with REmake, SH2, and Snake Eater,  and SotN is 2D and Chrono Cross looked like this:

Chrono-Cross-Battle-Attack.jpg

Hideous. :camby:

You are truly delusional.

RE wasn't good before REmake apparently, oh that's a new one...Except RE2 is easily on the level of REmake despite coming out like 5 years earlier. Anyone who liked REmake would have been all over the old RE games. Except idiotic Nintendo/Capcom fangirls. What, you're gonna tell me RE0 is better too? Fuck off.

MGS1 is arguably the best game in the series still. But then again, you prefer that abomination that is Twin Snakes. You literally have no say in this. :D 

I'll give you SH because 2 and 3 are excellent but that doesn't make SH1 a bad game at all.

And trying to find the worst pics of SD TV games is really not helping your case. 

The Saucer parallels bizarro universe. :D 

These games only got good when they were on a Nintendo system. 🤡 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Why would I want to fight regular looking sized monster in a game where the entire control schemes and gameplay was designed to climb on the back of giants? Not to mention that is a million time cooler than any open world activities you can come with. Why would I lower myself to those activities when I just want to slay giants?

Expand the controls and give it good combat in order to give the game more quality content instead of cheaping out and padding it with one of the emptiest open worlds in gaming? 

Or just accept that the game is a boss rush and stop wasting the player's time with the filler  open world? 

8 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Synchronicity. I have a ton of squirrels, jays, crows, and other wildlife I feed, and an hour ago one of the squirrels shows up with a mangled eye and and I've been sitting here debating with myself if I should take it to the ridiculously overpriced vet down from my house. :bunny:

I'd send you money if I could. :happysad: 

2 minutes ago, Saucer said:

spacer.png

• Haha 1
Just now, Saucer said:

Expand the controls and give it good combat in order to give the game more quality content instead of cheaping out and padding it with one of the emptiest open worlds in gaming? 

Or just accept that the game is a boss rush and stop wasting the player's time with the filler  open world? 

The world was stunning, riding for 5 minutes to reach the next boss was never an issue unless you have a severe case of ADHD.

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

RE wasn't good before REmake apparently

It was terrible. It was an ugly and cheesy and clunky Alone in the Dark clone. REmake gave it a world class atmosphere that still holds up to this day.

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Except RE2 is easily on the level of REmake despite coming out like 5 years earlier

It was just RE1 where you run around town. It was just as ugly and cheesy and clunky as RE1.  Thank God for REmake2.

You're looking back with childhood nostalgia. 

I mean just thinking about SOTC with a stages selection screen made me burst laughing out loud uncontrollably. :kaz: 

This guy who is always acting like games aren't artsy enough for me wants to kill the tone and atmosphere to save 5 minutes of his time.

This is literally what the SOTC open world debate comes down to, fuck you and your stages selection screen. I'm done arguing with peasants. :pffft:

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

I mean just thinking about SOTC with a stages selection screen made me burst laughing out loud uncontrollably. :kaz: 

This guy who is always acting like games aren't artsy enough for me wants to kill the tone and atmosphere to save 5 minutes of his time.

This is literally what the SOTC open world debate comes down to, fuck you and your stages selection screen. I'm done arguing with peasants. :pffft:

Look, I'm distracted by the squirrel. At least  make lag time  between boss encounters shorter. Fuck that was boring.

• Haha 1

n64 was the last ninty console we had and it was an amazing console. comparing the graphics of that gamey area is kinda pointless to me, if I want to replay a game I do it. PS1 FF's look still incredibly good for example. Playing FF9 on me phone (psx emu) from time to time.