Fire Emblem Engage FLOPS - 7.0 at GS

The Good
Razor-sharp, well-balanced combat that that offers plenty of depth to those who are interested
A confident and vibrant visual style backed by a fantastic score that elevates even some of the weaker moments
A colorful cast of new characters that liven up the world in and out of battle

The Bad
A predictable and meandering plot that lacks the ambition of past titles
Heroes from past games are underdeveloped and don't add much outside of combat
Running around the Somniel after a battle gets old fast

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/fire-emblem-engage-review-rings-of-power/1900-6418017/

TSHBFR :pavarotti: 2023 off to an interesting start

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
2 minutes ago, Casual said:

Loved Three Houses - one of my favourite games this gen. Something about this looked off though.

I still check it out, looks like it's getting solid feedback overall.

most of the reviews say it's a tighter game than 3 houses. let me know what you think.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

most of the reviews say it's a tighter game than 3 houses. let me know what you think.

for sure.

yeah seems like they trimmed some of the "fat". I kinda liked that fat though.

put about 2 hours in today. game is definitely solid. starts out a little cheesy but they've certainly trimmed the story parts down, pushing you right from battle to battle - so if that's your thing, you'll like it. seems more awakening than three houses. the new mechanic opens up quite a few possibilities in battles too!

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, Casual said:

put about 2 hours in today. game is definitely solid. starts out a little cheesy but they've certainly trimmed the story parts down, pushing you right from battle to battle - so if that's your thing, you'll like it. seems more awakening than three houses. the new mechanic opens up quite a few possibilities in battles too!

Keep the impressions coming. I enjoyed the combat a lot!