DF Analyst of Hi Fi Rush - “GOTY contender”

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-2023-hi-fi-rush-tech-review-xbox-series-x-s-pc-a-bold-visual-treat

All the careful visual design in the world wouldn't give the game a proper hand-drawn look if Hi-Fi Rush looked like a jagged mess, and here the game impresses as well. Image quality is basically impeccable on Series X, with a super sharp, super clean 4K presentation throughout, while Series S looks softer but still excellent at a static 1440p. This is pretty much the best-case scenario for a console release, and it's reflected in stronger than usual image quality on both machines. There are a few subtle settings tweaks on Series S too, with lesser shadow quality at range and lower foliage density, but other visual settings appear closely matched.

Both consoles target 60fps and achieve this consistently, with no frame-rate dips at all on Series X and only an occasional 16.7ms frame drop on Series S that most players are unlikely to notice. Combined with the game's subtle but high-quality motion blur, it feels very smooth and responsive on both machines.

As far as I'm concerned, this is an early contender for game of the year and undoubtedly one of the most attractive games we'll see in 2023. Hi-Fi Rush is an absolute blast - and everyone should give it a shot.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, give it a try when you have a moment. High on Life made me a bit nauseous but I haven’t seen any complaints anywhere on this (or experienced any myself). Like you said, it’s in GP, so if so a qu

Nope. Wrong there as well.   I love that when he gets threatened, he runs to my game profile.   Probably because he doesn't own any.

Nope, wrong again.   Ghost is so lost, he is a stray   No console, No games to play, no bed, and no hair.   His hairs STRAY away from him.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Have you tried it yet? I’d say give it a try if not, I didn’t think I’d like it but it’s fun. Just playing in small spurts tho. 

nah, but i watched the DF video. i really dig the 2d, fully hand-drawn cartoon look. but i have an issue with ultra vibrant colors that move fast. i'll try it out, though (since i have gp). i just know i've had to stop playing similar games because they gave me nausea.

Just now, -GD-X said:

nah, but i watched the DF video. i really dig the 2d, fully hand-drawn cartoon look. but i have an issue with ultra vibrant colors that move fast. i'll try it out, though (since i have gp). i just know i've had to stop playing similar games because they gave me nausea.

Yeah, give it a try when you have a moment. High on Life made me a bit nauseous but I haven’t seen any complaints anywhere on this (or experienced any myself). Like you said, it’s in GP, so if so a quick uninstall will do the trick. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Stray was your most played PS exclusive last year :mj: 

Nope. Wrong there as well.

:tom:I love that when he gets threatened, he runs to my game profile.

Probably because he doesn't own any.:lawl:

• Geese 1
37 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

his most played PS5 game in 2022 is… STRAY :tom:

Nope, wrong again.

Ghost is so lost, he is a stray

No console, No games to play, no bed, and no hair.

His hairs STRAY away from him.:lawl:

• dead 1