PlayStation VR2 unboxing

Wow, the controllers are fucking terrible. The circles around the wrists are way too big, this is gonna suck for two handled swords or guns, anything where your hands are close to one another. 

25 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I only now realized that this launches in little over a week. Thats pretty insane, there is practically no hype for it anywhere.

Its got flop written all over it.

Well that's VR gaming.

It's expensive too, PSVR1 wasn't selling too hot until it dropped in price significantly and even then, it still wasn't huge or anything.

This is a niche gaming thing for real gamers.  

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Well that's VR gaming.

It's expensive too, PSVR1 wasn't selling too hot until it dropped in price significantly and even then, it still wasn't huge or anything.

This is a niche gaming thing for real gamers.  

You guys have been saying this for years now. If VR is still niche and nowhere near mainstream despite being on the market for years now then I am not sure how it can possibly grow or survive.

it’s going to go the way of 3D at this rate and I wouldn’t be surprised if PSVR2 in particular was Sony’s last experiment with VR.

general interest does seem much lower than with PSVR1.

And the games look pretty forgettable too. Don't want it to flop but it looks like a typical start of a floppy afterthought peripheral 

Edited by bhytre
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

You guys have been saying this for years now. If VR is still niche and nowhere near mainstream despite being on the market for years now then I am not sure how it can possibly grow or survive.

it’s going to go the way of 3D at this rate and I wouldn’t be surprised if PSVR2 in particular was Sony’s last experiment with VR.

Maybe, or it'll just keep being this niche side gaming thing. There's no artificial expiration date where if VR doesn't sell x amount of headsets by x year it'll just stop existing.

There's enough headsets and VR games on the market as it is. Sure I want more support but it's hardly all gloom and doom.

I've been buying the most niche gaming stuff since 1990. I really don't give a shit, I was playing Persona on PS1 and that game was lucky to move 50k copies outside of Japan, now Persona 5 sells like 5 millions. It took two decades to get there. This is why I don't concern myself with the consumer trends from the plebs and neither should you.