Bought more Switch games to resell in the future.

13 minutes ago, Ramza said:

You can't read or what? I'm selling the game for 200$. That's 126$ net profit margin after counting inflation. This is just for a game I used and bought for myself at the time, otherwise I would have a sealed copy that sells for a couple hundred bucks easily. 

What stuff that will make me money now? Risky and volatile investments like bitcoins? Shares that require sizeable cash downs to get you started?

Whatever dude, I'll keep investing in something that I know and has low risks. I'm thinking of opening my own game store in the future. I actually love doing this, it's fun to me. 

If you're doing it for fun cool. Im just saying doing it for money is dumb because its an insignificant amount of money.  Like i said. 126 bucks. Thats a cheap date night or a night out.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0BFT81SKB/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams   @Ramza   Another one. I have the LE for the

Amiibos  

12 minutes ago, JonbX said:

If you're doing it for fun cool. Im just saying doing it for money is dumb because its an insignificant amount of money.  Like i said. 126 bucks. Thats a cheap date night or a night out.

By your logic McDonald's shouldn't sell burgers because the profit margin on a burger is about a dollar or two.

Profit is profit. I sell a 100 hundred games like that and that's 12 600$. 

4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

By your logic McDonald's shouldn't sell burgers because the profit margin on a burger is about a dollar or two.

Profit is profit. I sell a 100 hundred games like that and that's 12 600$. 

Mcdonalds profits are instant. Not 10 years later. They make money NOW. Thats what im trying to say.

You say you dont want to take big risks but want to open a used game store? Thats probably one of the biggest financial risks anyone could ever take.  Do something now. Do a game store for fun.

Just now, JonbX said:

Mcdonalds profits are instant. Not 10 years later. They make money NOW. Thats what im trying to say.

You say you dont want to take big risks but want to open a used game store? Thats probably one of the biggest financial risks anyone could ever take.  Do something now. Do a game store for fun.

Who cares if it takes a year, two or ten? I'm selling games now. I'm making money now. If you have a constant flow of stocks it becomes irrelevant.

I can think of many type of merchandises stores or services that are riskier. The store would mostly be a front for my online business and getting people to sell me their games way below market value in exchange for credit at my store. It's a winning formula that has been proven many times by other businesses. None of the used games stores around here has shut down or experienced regression, quite the contrary. 

The only more 'now' money I could make is having a job. It's not as if selling a few games on the side is very time consuming and prevent me from working. 

7 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Hope it works out for you bro.

Haha, me too.

Got to work as an accountant for a while anyway. I'll save up for a cash down for a few years and then give it my all.

At worst I'll have an interesting story to tell for my business failure. At best I'll do something I actually like doing for a living and be my own boss. I'm willing to take that risk.  

3 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Are you going to play any of them or keep them sealed. All my limited prints are open but I don't plan to sell them.

Depends on the game. I definitely won't open up collector's/limited editions though. I might as well buy a cheap used version/wait for a sale of the same game. It'll actually be less expensive that way.

7 minutes ago, Ike said:

Oh yes, this is what I'm talking about. Thanks for the heads up. 

46 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Nintendo Promises To Meet Strong Demand for Metroid Prime Remastered Physical Copies

•  

Nice.

By the way, I bought FF8 Remastered (PAL) for PS4. Didn't get a NA release so it'll be rare. Also, a good port. 

Reselling old games is so easy though, just pick a franchise or medium with high chances that it will retain general interest, store it in a shoe box or closet and just forget about it.

Take it out 2-3 years later and it's still new or like new, ready to empty the wallet of some balding and pudgy Funko-pop type of collector :tom: 

• Geese 1
2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Nice.

By the way, I bought FF8 Remastered (PAL) for PS4. Didn't get a NA release so it'll be rare. Also, a good port. 

7-12 (minus 11 of course) are available physical on Switch. I think all the perfect pixel remasters are coming on one cart as well. :aitch:

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, Ike said:

7-12 (minus 11 of course) are available physical on Switch. I think all the perfect pixel remasters are coming on one cart as well. :aitch:

I know. I want those SE games as well:

Final Fantasy VII / Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Twin Pack - Nintendo Switch : Amazon.ca: Jeux vidéo

Front Mission 1st: Limited Edition (NSW) : Amazon.ca: Jeux vidéo

And I also ordered this:

Dragon Quest 1+2+3 Collection - Nintendo Switch [Region Free] : Amazon.ca: Jeux vidéo

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

My Joker Amiibo sold for 5x times the price I paid for. 

:luff:

I'm going to buy every weird one off Amiibo that comes out from now on. 

fucking sheep :tom:

I LOVE to take their money :cruise: 

16 minutes ago, bhytre said:

fucking sheep :tom:

I LOVE to take their money :cruise: 

Easily the most collector crazy fanboys who spend the most money. 

Plus combined with a weeb approved IP like Persona 5? Easy money. TSHBR Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

• Geese 1