Cows nightmare coming true, EU expected to approve Microsoft - Activision deal

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, jehurey said:

they're being forced to offer Sony a lifetime license for Call of Duty

:lawl::lawl:They're paying $70 billion dollars to become a third-party publisher that will always make games for Playstation

No… they offered Sony an 10 year deal. 

And Sony denied it. :vince:

if this gets approved, MS could withhold it entirely on PS. 

Edited by Jerrys Hair Line
1 hour ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Are you stupid?

MS have to sign agreements with the 3 major regulators who have asked for significant concessions. It doesn't matter what Sony signs, if Sony signed 10 years and the regulators said 20 then that's what MS would have to do

3 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Are you stupid?

MS have to sign agreements with the 3 major regulators who have asked for significant concessions. It doesn't matter what Sony signs, if Sony signed 10 years and the regulators said 20 then that's what MS would have to do

Sony hasn’t signed anything. They’ve refused. If Sony doesn’t sign, there is no deal in place…. And no COD for Sony. 

Im sure MS wants Sony to sign a deal, but it’s not up to them. It’s up to Sony. 

10 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

And no COD for Sony. 

Yeah, right. MS who never makes exclusives anymore are not going to release their most expensive acquisition yet on the platform where it sells the most. :will2:

Lemtards still clinging to their dreams of CoD exclusivity. Most embarrassing shit ever. :hest:

4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Yeah, right. MS who never makes exclusives anymore are not going to release their most expensive acquisition yet on the platform where it sells the most. :will2:

Lemtards still clinging to their dreams of CoD exclusivity. Most embarrassing shit ever. :hest:

17 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

It’s like your limited brain wasn’t able to read the rest of the post, lmfao. 

And this aquisition isn’t for COD as the primary reason, it’s king you moron. 

2 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

It’s like your limited brain wasn’t able to read the rest of the post, lmfao. 

And this aquisition isn’t for COD as the primary reason, it’s king you moron. 

It makes no difference. CoD is getting released on every platform imaginable under MS regardless of any deal. Otherwise it's not financially viable. 

7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

It makes no difference. CoD is getting released on every platform imaginable under MS regardless of any deal. Otherwise it's not financially viable. 

If Sony doesn’t sign a deal, that means they won’t allow COD on PS. So no, it wouldn’t be released on PS unless there is a  deal.

Just now, Jerrys Hair Line said:

If Sony doesn’t sign a deal, that means they won’t allow COD on PS. So no, it wouldn’t be released on PS unless there is a  deal.

I'm not sure that's how it works, I imagined it's just a contract to get concessions out of MS before the deal goes trough, not necessarily if CoD can appear on Playstation platforms or not. As if they need a special permission. 

But you're far more invested in this shit than I am (idgaf) so I'll believe you. 

51 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Sony hasn’t signed anything. They’ve refused. If Sony doesn’t sign, there is no deal in place…. And no COD for Sony. 

Sony doesn't have to sign anything. The contention is between MS and regulators, and the regulators are not letting this pass without guarantees of non exclusivity at the bare minimum. Microsoft will be tied to all agreements it makes with the regulators.

MS trying to make COD an exclusive after all their statements will just result in lawsuits out the ass to have them divested

And that's all if it gets through, which is wont

3 hours ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

LOL I love how several people just pointed out how stupid your post is.

There is no signed deal between Microsoft and Sony.

Regulators will force Microsoft to offer a lifetime license for CoD to Sony.  It will always be on the table.

And also.............this isn't the CMA.:tom:You haven't figured that one out yet, have you?

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

LOL I love how several people just pointed out how stupid your post is.

There is no signed deal between Microsoft and Sony.

Regulators will force Microsoft to offer a lifetime license for CoD to Sony.  It will always be on the table.

And also.............this isn't the CMA.:tom:You haven't figured that one out yet, have you?

No, there has been no mention of a “life time” license. :D  Sony could get a 10 year deal, just like anyone else… except they already denied it. 

2 hours ago, Voidler said:

Sony doesn't have to sign anything. The contention is between MS and regulators, and the regulators are not letting this pass without guarantees of non exclusivity at the bare minimum. Microsoft will be tied to all agreements it makes with the regulators.

MS trying to make COD an exclusive after all their statements will just result in lawsuits out the ass to have them divested

And that's all if it gets through, which is wont

Um, it’s already going to be on Nintendo and streamed on nvida, it’s already NOT exclusive. 

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

I'm not sure that's how it works, I imagined it's just a contract to get concessions out of MS before the deal goes trough, not necessarily if CoD can appear on Playstation platforms or not. As if they need a special permission. 

But you're far more invested in this shit than I am (idgaf) so I'll believe you. 

they would need permission to put it on PS. Not everyone can make a PS game, it has to be approved by Sony. 

15 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

No, there has been no mention of a “life time” license. :D

This article has no new information. They're basing this on the info from Feb 21st.

And once again..............its the CMA that is basically telling Microsoft that they have to split off Call of Duty and divest it.

This article is about the EU..........and it doesn't override the CMA, which can absolutely break the deal entirely on its own.

I love how you really don't understand ANYTHING that has been repeated over and over and over for the past few months.:lawl: