Final Fantasy 16 has gone gold

They wait for FFXX to go back to traditional turn-based party combat to make it a huge spectacle... and we all probably dead by then. :jordan3:

Edited by kaz

The one thing that makes me 100% comfortable in saying FF XVI will be fine is its development.

FF XII?

During the middle of development half of the team left to join Sakaguchi. Matsuno left shortly after and because of the way Matsuno designs games (he is very hands on with everything), he is not an easy guy to replace. Development hell starts and it got so bad the new Director was literally praying at shrines for the game to not fail. End result is one of the more polarizing entries in the series.

FF XIII?

Development hell so bad the entire Fabula Nova Crstallis project got scrapped. XIII became a trilogy (when it was never planned to be) because XIII-2 and LR were made specifically to help recoup development costs. End result is most do not give a fuck about the XIII trilogy.

FF XIV? 

Yeah, don't think I need to explain this one. We all know how bad this bombed. I will say this game's successful comeback had more to do with Blizzard constantly fucking up and SE being smart enough to go, "Okay, let's NOT do that". Blizzard handed FF XIV a lot of its success.

FF XV?

Easily the worst development hell out of this group. The game went through multiple revisions during development, the game engine was a constant problem to work with, staff would routinely not even know what they were actually fuckin' doing on a daily basis...  Basically any developmental problem you can think of, this game most likely went through it.

Now we come to FF XVI and development has actually gone really smooth. The game is using an upgraded version of Crystal Tools, an engine the team has a lot of experience with because they've been working with it for years. The team had a clear vision from the get-go, they also hired specific people to fill in the roles to help where the game needed it. The game has gotten a proper amount of time and budget. This is honestly the first FF game in decades that hasn't had any development issues at all. This game has no excuse to fail.

Now with that said, while I'm pretty comfortable in saying the game will deliver in what its setting out to do, I personally have zero interest in playing it LOL. FF XVI is not what I'm looking for from a FF game.