What was the hate with Atomic Heart again?

I'm still early but I like the world they've created quite a bit.

My biggest problem with the game is something I don't see reported elsewhere: the movement is weirdly jerky. I noticed it on my desktop first, and it's also present on Steam Deck. Sometimes you move the left stick and there's a bad acceleration that almost feels like you're boosting in that direction. It makes the whole game feel kinda off, especially melee combat.

dont think there was anything terrible about it.

it was passable. most people just aren't gonna have time for a passable game when there's so much good shit out there. maybe years ago when there wasn't 100 games coming out every week.

i have about 100 things in my backlog i'd prioritize over that, for example.

Edited by Casual
On 2023-04-01 at 7:53 PM, sugarhigh said:

I'm still early but I like the world they've created quite a bit.

My biggest problem with the game is something I don't see reported elsewhere: the movement is weirdly jerky. I noticed it on my desktop first, and it's also present on Steam Deck. Sometimes you move the left stick and there's a bad acceleration that almost feels like you're boosting in that direction. It makes the whole game feel kinda off, especially melee combat.

It was fine on PC with kbm. The thing is the dude has only  one movement speed which is running. So, he starts with slow momentum for a moment obviously. You can increase the speed with a perk. 

I honestly liked it, I absolute hate the overly obnoxious sprinting animations every action game has :D   everything is so sped up nowadays, I want more  slower and tactical gameplay, or realism 

Edited by kaz